Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

ya anytime! it's def worth spending a little time with, pretty sure u won't regret 🎧

Not figuring out how to make MSEG restart on each new note I play. I turn off the looping, but then the MSEG does not activate at all. I messed with the trigger settings, but it did not affect MSEGs.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

you just have to click the retrigger button, which is immediately to the right of the loop button (looks like two little saw teeth when its on). then the global trigger settings will apply to the MSEG, so you can set the global trigger to audio -> source direct, for example, and adjust the sensitivity.

I can't get the mseg to trigger with midi. Everything else triggers ok.

Mik_lo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:07 am I can't get the mseg to trigger with midi. Everything else triggers ok.
you need to:
1. enable global midi triggering.
2. enable MSEG retriggering.
3. (probably) cancel MSEG looping if you only want to trigger by MIDI (although looping and MIDI will work together).

B.T.W - VST3 crashes reaper (latest version) right away (VST2 is working fine).

I cannot rezise the plugin in Logic

I just don't know Ableton routing well enough to figure out the right setup to have Shade receive audio but have the MSEG retrigger with incoming midi. I can put Shade on a midi track with no synth before it, and MSEGs will retrigger each time I play a note. I just have to figure out how to also have audio going through it. I shall keep tinkering with it.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

It's not entirely obvious in Live. Put the effect on an audio track. Pick the MIDI track you want to act as the MIDI source and change the MIDI To setting (below the Monitoring selectors) to the target audio channel. You should then get a channel drop-down box activate that has 1-Shade as the input.

fdco wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:22 am I cannot rezise the plugin in Logic
I couldn't make it resize at first in Logic. However, there is a point where you can grab the lower corner of the plugin itself - at the boundary between the plugin and the bar where Logic prints "Shade" - it's a slightly lighter grey - and it will resize. It's a bit hit and miss though.

Both the vst2 and vst3 version cause Cubase to freeze when i remove the plug-in from a track (C10 on Win10).
More BPM please

This plugin seems to be awfully unstable. I've had the VST2 plugin crash a lot of times now in Reaper on Windows and the VST3 version doesn't seem to work at all.

Makes me a bit hesitant in making a purchase.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:33 pm This plugin seems to be awfully unstable. I've had the VST2 plugin crash a lot of times now in Reaper on Windows and the VST3 version doesn't seem to work at all.

Makes me a bit hesitant in making a purchase.
assuming this will be fixed soon (UVI is usually fast in doing so), what's your overall impression ? how do they filters sound to you ?

They sound good. Very interesting shapes are possible as you can set the bells to some weird 2dB/octave slopes and still have sharp Q values. This results in a really strange but quite musical sounding peak filters, especially for cutting.

I'm still exploring the demo but I really hope UVI can make this rock solid. Then it's definitely a purchase for me.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I recorded a demo of shade today, it's a pretty rad plugin, might be one of my favorites to come out this year
https://youtu.be/aPtyLoBotbo
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

databroth wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:31 pm I recorded a demo of shade today, it's a pretty rad plugin, might be one of my favorites to come out this year
https://youtu.be/aPtyLoBotbo
That’s like a bloody Global Communication album! Marvellous :party:

Return to “Effects”