Your next guitar revisited

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

...wrong thread
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Finally got my Gretsch back from the shop! It’s now got Grover tuners, a bone nut with graphite, frets leveled, Tru-arc bridge, Biggsfix, super squishy spring, and a Chet Atkins tremolo arm (I had to drill/file the hole out a bit to make it fit). Really loving this guitar now!
(Obligatory guitar in nature photo)
E0FAB7C1-5EB8-4DEA-B0B8-3C7881646894.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

That's a lot of work.

Looks great
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Guitar and tree discussing which has the better life...
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

So after saving and researching for a couple of years, I finally put a deposit down on a Lowden yesterday. Should have it in about ten days. Can't wait!

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/ac ... -bevel.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFRiDOo ... achGuitars

Yay, congrats on the Lowden!

At the other end of the spectrum I'm looking for a cheapish 3/4 size classical for my 7 year old who's going to start lessons shortly.

Congrats! Beautiful instruments!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

During my latest health 'adventure' I bought this.
Guild F-40E. US made, sitka/mahogany jumbo.
Damn near close to perfect right out of the box. A couple of nut slots could be filed slightly, and the saddle lowered slightly, but it is not necessary. Workmanship is excellent, neck is very comfortable, and the sound is beautiful. The bass is the best I've heard on an acoustic guitar, and drop D is bone-rattlingly beautiful. The only thing I'm not impressed with is the under saddle pup.
I'm selling the Martin D-16GT I bought last year to offset the cost.
7488E491-19F9-4E1E-A865-CDDC2D48F2AD.jpeg
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

is that your little hobbit shed behind it?

deastman wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:32 am Finally got my Gretsch back from the shop! It’s now got Grover tuners, a bone nut with graphite, frets leveled, Tru-arc bridge, Biggsfix, super squishy spring, and a Chet Atkins tremolo arm (I had to drill/file the hole out a bit to make it fit). Really loving this guitar now!
(Obligatory guitar in nature photo)

E0FAB7C1-5EB8-4DEA-B0B8-3C7881646894.jpeg
Very nice! I have had a Gretsch Jet Baritone in black sparkle which really like (but is limited to certain styles being a baritone, although I have it in standard E-e tuning so its a no brainer to play)

I just bought (last week) the new Gretsch 'Rat Rod' in mat white, I can see the mat finish wont be for everyone (its like an off white) but I absolutely love it and may have become a Gretsch convert! This is a lot of guitar for £630...

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:45 pm is that your little hobbit shed behind it?
Deluxe Cat-loo.
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm
Deluxe Cat-loo.
:o how posh are you?

vurt wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:48 pm
Bombadil wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:47 pm
Deluxe Cat-loo.
:o how posh are you?
:lol: Not very. My father in law built it to appease the neighbours when we moved in. As the cats tend to shit everywhere but the designated loo, it's purely cosmetic. :hihi:
-Martin Luther King Jr.

:lol:
stupid neighbours, cats rule!

Hermetech Mastering wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:37 pm So after saving and researching for a couple of years, I finally put a deposit down on a Lowden yesterday. Should have it in about ten days. Can't wait!

https://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/ac ... -bevel.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFRiDOo ... achGuitars
Sounds and looks amazing! Suddenly, I want to have one, too! :cry:

Return to “Guitars”