Studio One 5 Available Now (5.3 Out June 29th, 2021)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Artist Studio One Professional

Well, derrr. They're not going to throw the baby out with the bathwater, they are clearly just looking for a bigger market, like Roli.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Just curious, but did Presonus add any new sample content / soundset content to Studio One 5 that flew under the radar in not being mentioned since 4.6 ? On the edge of adding new content from the humble bumble deal that expiries in the next day or so, having had a preview of them.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

rageix wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:42 pm
BONES wrote: I heard the same thing but there is no indication of it on their site so I am not sure what's going on.
Seems to be an upgrade though Pluginboutique using code: f6460a6l. Also it's 153 GBP, which is ~$200 USD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AudioProductio ... rossgrade/

Edit: Just tried it, indeed code does work: £153.70 or $199.01 USD.
I have bought it too.

https://rekkerd.org/crossgrade-from-any ... at-33-off/
Studio One 6, Waveform Pro 11, Acid Pro 10, NI, Pigments 4

Thanks for that coupon :) I did purchased it as well. Tomorrow I will install it and see the new features.

That's just 50$ more than my upgrade price from V4 Pro - that puts Presonus right near the top of my list of companies TO NEVER DO ANY f**king BUSINESS WITH EVER AGAIN.

They are competing with Izotope and Tracktion about the top spot now.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:19 am That's just 50$ more than my upgrade price from V4 Pro - that puts Presonus right near the top of my list of companies TO NEVER DO ANY f**king BUSINESS WITH EVER AGAIN.
Oh c'mon - I'm sure you know that paying full price for software nowadays is like taxes for mental laziness.

jens wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:19 amThat's just 50$ more than my upgrade price from V4 Pro - that puts Presonus right near the top of my list of companies TO NEVER DO ANY f**king BUSINESS WITH EVER AGAIN.
They are competing with Izotope and Tracktion about the top spot now.
Why? Were you unhappy with the upgrade. Did you not feel it was worth what you paid for it? After all, it's only $50 less than the usual crossgrade price so they've hardly dropped their pants.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I bought S1 4 on a cross grade for about 150 bucks so I can't really complain...this happens all of the time, with all software...it isn't new.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

jens wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:19 amThey are competing with Izotope and Tracktion about the top spot now.
I don't want to derail the thread but I'd like to know what happened with Tracktion, if it's possible to summarize in a short post. It seems like there's a fairly even distribution of people being pissed off with most companies, taking place probably as a result of the specific use case they have for the products, or the idiosyncrasies of their hardware configuration.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

chagzuki wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:57 pm
jens wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:19 amThey are competing with Izotope and Tracktion about the top spot now.
I don't want to derail the thread but I'd like to know what happened with Tracktion, if it's possible to summarize in a short post. It seems like there's a fairly even distribution of people being pissed off with most companies, taking place probably as a result of the specific use case they have for the products, or the idiosyncrasies of their hardware configuration.
Don't know about Tracktion, but iZotope is notorious for retarded sale strategies, with single plugins being $250 one day and $20 in a bundle the other day. They're also a mess with upgrades, you never know whether you're eligible. Once I upgraded Ozone 8 Standard THAT I ALREADY SOLD to Music Production Suite for less that I sold O8 for, which means I got newer & higher versions (Advanced vs. Standard) of several plugins and I was left with some change :dog: I can only imagine how others, who bought them at full price, would feel :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

It's all part of a business model which relies on people feeling as though they are getting a bargain because they're not paying 'normal' price, when or course the companies are bumping up non-sale prices in order that people impulsively buy during 'sale' periods, which tend to be 1/3 of the time, assuming that the sale period is less frequent than it really is.

Seems to be very successful though.

It's a bit like clickbait, you can understand the psychological mechanism but it still tends to exert some leverage on the limbic system.

chagzuki wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:57 pm

didn't the users get miffed when mackie bought it and basically dumped it or something? Long time ago, vague recollection....

Mackie bought it... I think Julian Storer knew it needed massive reorganization at the code level and decided to get some big cash from a big company, for some breathing space. I missed the bit when it passed back to him, not sure if Mackie decided it wasn't working for them or if something else happened?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”