Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

:tu:

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

a stereo version, but it has a random round robin... so not that of an expert, me... haha.. but still sounds nice..

:tu: :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

crystalmsc wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:21 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:13 pm ohhh Memory Moog was released that year!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorymoog
There's already Poly Vintage Osc and Lader Filter, plus Polymoog. The teaser sounds like a PPG to me.

Funny I was just listening to this awesome track, and a teaser appeared https://youtu.be/RR8BmFkx5_c
A PPG module for VM would make sense, but a stand alone... not sure why when you have Waldorf’s try and the free (and excellent) WaveSim to contend with.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vurt wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm is it going to be some of the og star wars figs?
i was playing with lots of them in 82, and lets be honest, chewy is a legend!!!
I feel sort of sad that I missed all that. I was too old for action figures when when Star Wars came out. When I was your age we had nothing for sci-fi action figures except old Star Trek stuff! In the snow! With impulse power only!
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:14 pm is it going to be some of the og star wars figs?
I feel sort of sad that I missed all that. I was too old for action figures when when Star Wars came out. When I was your age we had nothing for sci-fi action figures except old Star Trek stuff! In the snow! With impulse power only!
i timed my son perfect for the rereleases and prequels too :tu:
xmas and birthdays were both easy and awesome fun!

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:36 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:34 pm
i timed my son perfect for the rereleases and prequels too :tu:
xmas and birthdays were both easy and awesome fun!
I ended up with a girl, so no Vader here. (She actually dislikes Star Wars except for Porgs.) Nightmare Moon and Discord 24/7 here, and magic makes it all complete, you know? Don’t you know I am your very best frieeeeeeeeeed!?
Zerocrossing Media

:lol:
im gonna go through it with the granddaughter, few years to prepare yet though. :phew:

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:58 pmWhat I really want though is all the Mutable Instruments goodies available in VM.
That would be most awesome. I've been eyeing those trinity modules for Modular. But way prefer to have those in VM, since I'm using it more and most of my favorite modules are in there.
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:53 pmAs someone who had to put up with recording short shitty 11kHz 8-bit samples back in the day it sounded like crap to me then and still does now. But each to their own.
I can feel you, being grown up with those cassette recorders and using crappy mic to record the sound of a Pac-Man portable gaming machine. Those are good old days, proud of the results back then. But the more I undertand about high fidelity sound, used to hate crappy noise as well, even those precious 8/12 bit samplers. But all good now, the sound of vintage samplers/romplers and lofi processors are my friends and will never be separated again. Among all, I've been able to achieve a closer sound, at least to my perception. But Mirage is unique and really musical for my taste, the only 8 bit sampler that I'm longing for an authentic re-creation. There's something in the engine which sounds miraculous to me. Especially those magical - big sounding 8 bit basses and synths, plucks, fxs, strings, pads..not just for crappy noises. I've been able to achieve nice results by using Morgana, TAL Sampler, Decimort 2, OTO Biscuit, RC-20, Permut8, Trash 2, Garbage LSD, Redux and others. But still not as glorious and satisfying, it's just not the same.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

vurt wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:53 pm :lol:
im gonna go through it with the granddaughter, few years to prepare yet though. :phew:
In all honesty, MLP is a better hero journey story than LOTR. Pinkie Pie is WAY better comic relief than Jar-Jar.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:25 pmA PPG module for VM would make sense, but a stand alone... not sure why when you have Waldorf’s try and the free (and excellent) WaveSim to contend with.
The PPG Wave 3.v is certainly my all time favorite, which might benefit from an update using current technology for an even more authentic emulation. Also a bigger GUI. When that happens, proly no need for another stand alone. But please stay true to the vintage character. May be it's just me, but the latest version of PPG 2.v sounds a bit on the crisper side now, the same with Attack and D-Coder. VM's engine has certain depth and airy quality that I adore, would do some great hi-end 8/12 bit emulations. WaveSim is great, but imho might use some benefit from the newer technology as well. It's easy to do the type of PPG sound, but not the warmth, depth, grungy and charisma of the hardware.

the zeroscillator explained, by mark barton, excellent tutorial/manual/introduction, with some in depth explanations;

https://youtu.be/q6XIorA0r8Y

crystalmsc wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:27 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:25 pmA PPG module for VM would make sense, but a stand alone... not sure why when you have Waldorf’s try and the free (and excellent) WaveSim to contend with.
The PPG Wave 3.v is certainly my all time favorite, which might benefit from an update using current technology for an even more authentic emulation. Also a bigger GUI. When that happens, proly no need for another stand alone. But please stay true to the vintage character. May be it's just me, but the latest version of PPG 2.v sounds a bit on the crisper side now, the same with Attack and D-Coder. VM's engine has certain depth and airy quality that I adore, would do some great hi-end 8/12 bit emulations. WaveSim is great, but imho might use some benefit from the newer technology as well. It's easy to do the type of PPG sound, but not the warmth, depth, grungy and charisma of the hardware.
I hear you, but I feel that Waldorf’s PPG 3 is quite a bit better than 2. Not perfect, but good in its own way. You should try it. WaveSim seems to model the oscillators better, the Waldorf the filter better. Anyway, I agree that I’m always on the hunt for a better PPG Wave 2.2 emulation, but my preference would be as a VM module so I can get into it in ways a more direct emulation could not.

Also, Behringer is cloning the Wave, so that could be interesting. Sadly they’re making it a 4 octave keyboard, and I’m out of space. I’ll have to stick to my 002, which I think of as a Wave 4.
Zerocrossing Media

WasteLand wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:26 pm the zeroscillator explained, by mark barton, excellent tutorial/manual/introduction, with some in depth explanations;
yep, it's very well done. Highly recommended :)
γνῶθι σαὐτόν

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:33 pmI hear you, but I feel that Waldorf’s PPG 3 is quite a bit better than 2. Not perfect, but good in its own way. You should try it. WaveSim seems to model the oscillators better, the Waldorf the filter better. Anyway, I agree that I’m always on the hunt for a better PPG Wave 2.2 emulation, but my preference would be as a VM module so I can get into it in ways a more direct emulation could not.

Also, Behringer is cloning the Wave, so that could be interesting. Sadly they’re making it a 4 octave keyboard, and I’m out of space. I’ll have to stick to my 002, which I think of as a Wave 4.
Yes, the 3.v is way much better. I own both, a while since they're being released. Agree about the comparison with Wavesim. A module for VM is indeed more interesting, especially if it's a low CPU module. For being able to layer several PPGs, also with other types of synths, using many types of filters. Would make VM the most interesting PPG inspired synth. Modal 002 is awesome, it sounds both modern and vintage at the same time. It would be cool if the module is providing an option to sound modern, with a main focus of the true PPG. So it can sounds more like the Wave 4 :) imho the 002 is indeed sounds closer to the Waldorf Wave, nice analogy.

... ⏰

Return to “Instruments”