The magic of simplicity

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Go ahead make fun of me as much as you want. I really do not care because I am done with lowering myself for you all.

On the other forum people constantly say to me: why do you bring yourself down so much??? Its not bad at all!
Then I tell them about some of you on this forum and you know what? They laugh with you :)

So I am pretty glad I found the other forum :)

None of you can dissagree, how much I have improved. Weird huh? When I was soley on this forum I did not improve that much in that short time.

So its weird, you all act like I do not listen but somehow my music improves. Guess I do listen, but just not to jokers who are the same as me in music making: not a professional.

I listen to the people on the other forum and THEY are the reason that my tracks improve. So really, like some of you wanted me to believe, it has not that much to do with me, but how some of you want to handle me.

And why do you handle me like that? Because you have a book. I have ears.
I know what music is, I know what music must do, at least the music I want to create. It is true that there are different genres, but like a REAL PROFESSIONAL once told me: do not make a lot of different genres: people will not take you serious at all.

So my music must have power, my music must have a willingness to the other people to start dancing. And it does just that. And it has power.

Is it perfect, nope, never said that. Does that mean I should not release it? No, not really, in that case I will never release anything because like I already said (sorry for the repetition) you ALWAYS will improve.

It seems some of you really believe you can get to a point where there is no improvement anymore needed, I laugh with you. HAHAHAHA, there is always improvement possible. And there always will be improvement. Not over days or weeks because you read a book, but over months and years because you simply have done it more hours. You do not become a professional by reading books my friend, you become a professional by practice.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Repetition also helps listeners learn and join in the music by dancing, singing, clapping, beatmaking, freestyling, its central to music: ABAB and all that.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Mozex wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:43 am No thank you :) I do not have to impress you at all. You are just a music maker. You do not understand. It seems that I am on a whole other level then some of you. Because if you do not even understand this topic it means that my view of music is COMPLETELY different then your view. So that means I am on a whole other level.
Mozex wrote: Make fun of me.
Well, you've earned that...
Mozex wrote: Still most of you like to act all high and mighty,...
So do you. Massively. Preaching "your way" as if it is the holy truth. Fun fact: it isn't. Music, as art is general, is highly subjective. There is no right or wrong. World-wide fame and commercial success isn't what everyone's after.

You also utterly fail to comprehend that there are different styles of music for a reason, some of which are more simple, others more complex, to cater for people's different tastes.
( Some people actually like highly complex music. Look at the whole Progressive Rock/Metal genre. Won't play on the radio, but it has a rather large and devoted fan base)

Since you started with the sayings: I think you really need to get down off your high horse. Else people always will make fun of you.

There are many different forms of music and many more reasons for creating it. Hopefully, all our tastes will differ as our personalities and we can create our own space in which to make whatever we want.

I don't think you are trolling, Mozex. You seem genuine to me. Though you must understand that each of us will want different things from our interactions with sound and music - and indeed from life.

Michael L wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:31 am
Mozex wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:12 ammaybe some of you will learn something
Read this book about repetition in music. I did.
http://www.elizabethmargulis.com/on-repeat
Thank you for the book suggestion. Looks like the kind of thing I would enjoy reading. :)

If you are better THAN someone else and start PREACHING THE TRUTH, THEN you should learn the BASICS of COMMUNICATION first. My 2C

Matter of convincing people :)

Mozex wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:03 am Normal people who do not make music, like less variation. They like something they can dance on. They like repetition.
Well, I for one would much rather make complicated music that pleases myself instead of simple, dancable music that makes me cringe.

I never made music for profit to begin with. I've always used it as a means of expressing myself first and foremost, and in recent years, it just happens to have manifested in long and complex song structures among other things you could classify as unconventional. Part of the reason for that stems from the fact that I've been listening to such music quite actively, to the point where it has influenced my own style.

I could write a whole essay about the magic of appreciating different genres, regardless of complexity, but it seems as though that effort would only go to waste.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Why being so bitter and condescending is beyond me, you sound like teenager who is preaching his parents, you can't expect respect in return without giving one, get over yourself for a moment.

The Poe is strong in this thread.

What a strange young man :scared:

Well, if complexity is not based on simplicity, then it's probably only being perceived as rather complex (in the sense of: confusive).

Pretty sure that's the point of the narrator; complexity is boring most people to pieces, even annoying, when complexity is caused by attitude: obsession with complexity with the sole purpose of being "complex" and creating thereby - almost en passant - the most complex stuff nobody listens to.

Obviously, the more stubborn natures among us will say something like this: "Ok, then I only listen to stuff nobody ELSE listens to."

Mozex wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:03 am And thats the problem of many of you and the reason why you aint going commercial.
I could not give less of a shit about "going commercial."

You've started with a lot of overgeneralized and (in many cases) extremely inaccurate assumptions about all of us on the forum, and then proceeded to preach to us about it. It's ridiculous.

Also if you think music needs to be simple, go treat yourself to some Venetian Snares or Richard Devine albums or something.
Mozex wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:03 am You are NOT trying to please the masses
There's the one correct thing you said. I'm not trying to please the masses!

Mozex wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:43 am It seems that I am on a whole other level then some of you.
That's... um... one way of putting it.

It's not that the whole world would only listen to 4-to-the-floor EDM!

There are many different people in different cultures with different tastes. Some consider music as art, like painting. Even if most people might buy realistic landscape or beach paintings, there might be people who like expressionism or dada or popart or whatever.

KVR is a forum of synth, effects, modulation and sounddesign lovers, not a platform for mainstream EDM or Progressive Trance or "how to become rich bitch in 10 steps". :P

Personally I don't even listen to the usual on-air radio stations with mainstream music. So why should I produce something that I don't like?

magick and repetition.

hes not wrong, repetition and ritual are used in most magickal rites, from soothsaying through to summonings
be careful which doors you open, some cannot be closed.

magick and repetition.

hes not wrong, repetition and ritual are used in most magickal rites, from soothsaying through to summonings
be careful which doors you open, some cannot be cløsed

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”