Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

ok
thanks
i'll contact support

otristan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:44 pm
vskunk wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:27 pm otristan : maybe a dry/wet button ?
There is already a global dry wet. Or you mean per filter ?
per filter.
it still crash even with the latest version.
...guys i m not a kid and i dont disrecpect otristan.so there s no need to blame me because i dont deserve it and i dont care.
i just think uvi miss the "perfect filter" plugin because of this missing function
Last edited by vskunk on Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wonder what are the use cases of using filters in //, it's not so intuitive for me. Use cases would be appreciated to understand better the usage so.
Anyway thanks for the FR, always appreciated ;)
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

Yes, dry/wet per filter would be nice and useful for sure.

Louis Couka wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 pm I wonder what are the use cases of using filters in //, it's not so intuitive for me. Use cases would be appreciated to understand better the usage so.
i speak for me, i use // filter for the bass, i use it first t o

Louis Couka wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:14 pm I wonder what are the use cases of using filters in //, it's not so intuitive for me. Use cases would be appreciated to understand better the usage so.
i speak for me, i use // filter for the bass, i use the serial mode for general EQ / filtering (with a little bit of warm algo) and then i add 1/2/... in paralel mode and modulate some frequency band... dont need all the time but i have pretty good result (i got the sound i want)

otristan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:44 pm Yep, but Volcano only have 4 filters max hence you can define all the routing and only have 16 or something possibilities
Hence my assertion that the issue is not really technical but have a good UI to define the routing when you have 16 filters
and not a popup menu with all the possibles choices :)
I think what perhaps could be a nice option would be to have (say) four possible fixed parallel (stereo) "paths" that you could choose from per band

(i.e. perhaps you have four buttons:

____Path____
I 1 I 2 I 3 I 4 I

Here for instance path 3 would have been selected, so the internal channels 5&6 would be send through this band (and by default of course Path 1 would always be selected for any newly created band))
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Something entirely different:

I would highly prefer if the bi-/uni-polar setting would be per target, not per modulator as it is now. A double-click removes a target - a single click could switch between both options. Sometimes I like to modulate with the same modulator one target bi-polar, but another target uni-polar. In the case of Shade I need to set up two otherwise identical modulators for this.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

otristan wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:47 pm
I understand your point. It's just that at UVI we try not to half baked stuff, so we either do it right or we don't do it. Or at least we try to live by this moto :)
I can tell, the interface is really polished. I think parallel routing would be really cool, but I do think it's worth taking the time to do right

also for everyone who will be posting feature requests here, is this the best place, or would you prefer going through UVI support?

and while Im here, I'll just drop in my top 3 requests for now:
1) alt/option drag to duplicate filters /modulators
2) a hard limiter option on the master mix/in/out page (shade with go above +100db if you're not careful)
3) a more fully featured random modulator, or at least sample/hold

thank you
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Apologies if this has been discussed before but how are the Comb and Resonator filters on this?

Guessing this is a long shot but any chance they're comparable to the GRM Classic effects? I think that's the only way I wouldn't be able to resist.

nathanj wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:42 am Apologies if this has been discussed before but how are the Comb and Resonator filters on this?

Guessing this is a long shot but any chance they're comparable to the GRM Classic effects? I think that's the only way I wouldn't be able to resist.
I've not used GRM. I do love the comb filters in Zebra 2 and LFOTool (same as Serum FX, I believe). Shade has 7 options under "Comb/Flanger." Some of those filters have a unique knob or two (slope instead of Q, which changes the shape of the tines of the comb--instead of Q height; one has Q-up and Q-down--have not figured out how to use that one; and several have Q width, which is new to me to be able to adjust it).

I'm digging the comb filter options. They sound distinct from Zebra 2 and LFOTool. I recommend trying the demo to see what you think of them--requires ilok (not dongle though).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

On the "Comb/Flanger" Tilt Resonant filter, the Q-Down and Q-up knobs are deactivated. Anyone know what activates them?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

The slope should be > 6dB for the resonance to be enabled.
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

A preset pack for filters and especially the modulators would be nice, if I can easily step through some modulators presets like mseg and lfo

it miss a output knob gain (playing with the demo.. i don t see it if there is one)
beside the fact it miss a few stuff(my opinion) the sound is really good !

Return to “Effects”