UFOs - happy poppy pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sounds pretty good. Good stereo fx. Arps into long woody reverb tails always sound cool
Find me on iTunes, Spotify, Bandcamp etc.

layzer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:16 am yes, every synth is contributing to each of what the untrained ear perceives to be a simple
bass, arp or purcussive sound. i am using "this plugin" as the bridge to run them all under XP.
with some slight code hacking i did myself. Pupstep is uncharted teritory for me, but it
has been neglected for too long by most musicians. its time to get those pups moving
like they ate 50 scooby exstacy snacks!
How do you deal with phasing layering all those synths together? I don't hear much movement in the loop..felt very static.

layzer wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:57 am ikr? what was i thinking making all those garbage tracks for years on my soundcloud using mostly freeware synths when omnisphere and all the commercial instant musical talent synths everyone uses was what i really
needed all along :dog:
And i's great to see that you haven't started going on and on about other folks making different synth choices to you and turned it into your life's man issue in thread after thread. Or indeed that you haven't gone to the extent of making a parody track/thread to attempt to prove your point. Bravo on the self-restraint!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

i will always voice my opinion that free synths can sound as good as ridiculously priced commercial
synths because a track only sounds as impressive as the sound programming, how it is mixed and mastered.
suckers can go on BUYING things to do what they can accomplish for free.
its their money to waste however they want.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Indeed.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you in future threads of products you have no interest in at all, repeating all of the above ad nauseam.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

layzer wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:38 pm i will always voice my opinion that free synths can sound as good as ridiculously priced commercial
synths because a track only sounds as impressive as the sound programming, how it is mixed and mastered.
suckers can go on BUYING things to do what they can accomplish for free.
its their money to waste however they want.
You know, I'm a big fan of yours. I think you're very skilled as a mixer and what you do with free and cheap tools is impressive. But essentially you just called me a sucker and I don't appreciate it. You've heard my most recent mixes and I think you'll agree they're at least competent if not amazing. I use all kinds of tools to get the results I do. Some are cheap, some are free and some are quite expensive. Many of them make my job a lot easier because I don't have to massage a free synth with absolutely no FX and nothing but a sawtooth, sine and square wave to try to get it to sound like something from the movie Titanic. Could I do it? Sure, after countless hours and a ton of external processing, probably. But I'd rather spend them time doing arranging and getting other parts of the song completed.

The point is, you are constantly putting people down for spending money on things, myself included, and it's insulting.

And finally, the last I looked, I see quite a few paid for synths (some quite pricey) in your signature. A bit hypocritical if you ask me.

I admire what you're able to do with M1 and Wavestation and Charlatan and whatever other free and cheap stuff you use and of course that secret reverb thing you use and call Layzersound. It sounds great. Please allow us to use the tools we want to use without making us feel like we're idiots. You do it constantly.

I don't appreciate it and I don't think anyone else does either.

So how about doing your thing, which you do very well, and let us do ours?

Okay?

One last thing. I'm about to do a Broadway type musical.

There is no way I'm doing that convincingly with M1, Wavestation and Charlatan.

Just saying.

revvy wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:47 am i look forward to meeting you in future threads of products you have no interest in at all, repeating all of the above ad nauseam.
and i look forward to reading your whiny crybaby :cry:
disapproval every time.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 am You know, I'm a big fan of yours. I think you're very skilled as a mixer and what you do with free and cheap tools is impressive.
i'll respond to this because its as far as i got in your post.

and you know i'm a big fan of yours because you are a talented composer/songwriter.
i really never pay much attention how real the instruments you use sound.

we will just have to forever agree to disagree on our differences. :idea:

layzer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 am
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:13 am You know, I'm a big fan of yours. I think you're very skilled as a mixer and what you do with free and cheap tools is impressive.
i'll respond to this because its as far as i got in your post.

and you know i'm a big fan of yours because you are a talented composer/songwriter.
i really never pay much attention how real the instruments you use sound.

we will just have to forever agree to disagree on our differences. :idea:
Well then let me ask you a question. What do you pay attention to? When I listen to someone's music, I listen to everything and rate it accordingly. If someone is trying to pull off Beethoven's 5th and using One Ping Only to do it, I'm not going to give them high marks. Electronic music is one thing. You can get away with just about anything. But there are some things you should stay away from if you don't have the right tools, IMO.

But I am curious as to how you evaluate one's music if you don't listen to the actual sounds they're using.

wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am What do you pay attention to?
you would have to be me for that answer.
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am If someone is trying to pull off Beethoven's 5th and using One Ping Only to do it, I'm not going to give them high marks. Electronic music is one thing. You can get away with just about anything. But there are some things you should stay away from if you don't have the right tools, IMO.
what about switched on bach by wendy carlos? she didnt use "the right tools"
for her rendidion of piano works, yet the popularity of it did quite well.
who knows, beethovens 5th mingt sound interesting using OPO crafted with some cool effects.
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am But I am curious as to how you evaluate one's music if you don't listen to the actual sounds they're using.
i dunno, if i like how it flows, and sounds i give it good marks.
i dont care if real instruments are used or not.

layzer wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:10 pm
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am What do you pay attention to?
you would have to be me for that answer.
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am If someone is trying to pull off Beethoven's 5th and using One Ping Only to do it, I'm not going to give them high marks. Electronic music is one thing. You can get away with just about anything. But there are some things you should stay away from if you don't have the right tools, IMO.
what about switched on bach by wendy carlos? she didnt use "the right tools"
for her rendidion of piano works, yet the popularity of it did quite well.
who knows, beethovens 5th mingt sound interesting using OPO crafted with some cool effects.
wagtunes wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:18 am But I am curious as to how you evaluate one's music if you don't listen to the actual sounds they're using.
i dunno, if i like how it flows, and sounds i give it good marks.
i dont care if real instruments are used or not.
I know lots of people like Switched On Bach. I didn't particularly care for it, not that that matters because my opinion is meaningless to everybody but me.

In preparing for doing my Broadwayesque score, I have listened to over 30 Broadway musicals. I know for a fact that I wouldn't get the enjoyment that I do out of them had they been performed on synths that at least didn't try to come as close to orchestral instruments as possible. Maybe this doesn't matter to you but for somebody who grew up on Broadway in the 60s, it matters a great deal. The Sound Of Music with somebody using a "hoover" sound for a string lead would have me turning off the music in a matter of seconds. In fact, I could safely say it would be the most hated thing I've ever heard musically.

But that's me and I don't expect you to be me. All I expect is for others to respect my choice of instruments to use and not call me a sucker and an idiot for using them.

It's called respect. Something that's in short supply around KVR.

ok wags, sorry for calling you a sucker and an idiot.
i'll try to be more careful from now on. and let me say in advanced.
I'm sorry for saying you suck when i say most people on this planet suck.
ok? good.

This is a nice quirky track and it sounds happy!
I like that...
Then it changes completely. Is that a test? Anyway, interesting!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Sorry, but found the whole thing repetitive and quite frankly, dull being it one synth or a hundred used.

Return to “Music Cafe”