Kilohearts new plugin Multipass to be released November 13th

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multipass

c_voltage wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:06 pm Hi
Folks anyone tried to run it in Studio one ? Just i check Multipass trial recently, and found lack of sidechain in studio one (but v3, no has v4), that strange, while in little brother Snap Heap sidechain is visible and works ok.
Win10 64bit
Hmm... i remember, later in outcoming news was noted that this bug was fixed, but now i install MP and still not see sidechain in plugin (in SnapHeap - still ok). Strange.

Edit: oh it seems this is Studio One problem (v4 at least), since i did check in Bidule - it works.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:35 pm Edit: oh it seems this is Studio One problem (v4 at least), since i did check in Bidule - it works.
It's a problem where Studio One and Multipass don't really agree. Luckily it's only for VST2, and Kilohearts now support VST3.

Per Salbark wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:02 am
c_voltage wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:35 pm Edit: oh it seems this is Studio One problem (v4 at least), since i did check in Bidule - it works.
It's a problem where Studio One and Multipass don't really agree. Luckily it's only for VST2, and Kilohearts now support VST3.
Thanks Per, yes with VST3 works properly (just usually i choose vst2, but vst3 ok as well).
Then all good.

jens wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:12 am If Multipass could load Snapheap and Snapheap could load Multipass Kilohearts would already offer a lot more in regards to modular power. But as it is it's really very weak.
Looks like this was added since this post of yours. No surprise, in two years :p

c_voltage wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:46 pmjust usually i choose vst2, but vst3 ok as well
Is that out of habit? I understand that when VST3 was first introduced, plugins and DAWs had trouble with the new format and VST2 was the safe bet, but personally I always go for VST3 first when both options are available - it offers more possibilities for programmers and more potential for CPU savings
and optimizations.

c_voltage wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:46 pm Thanks Per, yes with VST3 works properly (just usually i choose vst2, but vst3 ok as well).
Then all good.
If a choice between vst2 or vst3, I only install the vst3 version. Have done since VST3 came out. But that is just me!

@haslo, @rollasoc
Nevertheless i still observe time by time various issues exactly in vst3 version (by reading changelogs). Yes, it's more rarely than in past times, but there is it yet. (Speech about different vendors\plugs)
haslo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:32 pm it offers more possibilities for programmers and more potential for CPU savings
and optimizations.
Sorry but i never noticed less cpu usage for the same plug in vst3 by compare face to face with his vst2.

Added: One more point, although I understand that this is not at all essential perhaps - but vst2 placed into the specified by user folder, what is convenient in some cases.

c_voltage wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:38 pm @haslo, @rollasoc
Nevertheless i still observe time by time various issues exactly in vst3 version (by reading changelogs). Yes, it's more rarely than in past times, but there is it yet. (Speech about different vendors\plugs)
haslo wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:32 pm it offers more possibilities for programmers and more potential for CPU savings
and optimizations.
Sorry but i never noticed less cpu usage for the same plug in vst3 by compare face to face with his vst2.

Added: One more point, although I understand that this is not at all essential perhaps - but vst2 placed into the specified by user folder, what is convenient in some cases.
Personally, for me, I went down the vst3 route early. I have been using VSTs since 2000 and was burnt a few times in the mid 2000's with incompatible versions when upgrading. I still can't open some of my early songs, because Sampletank 2.5 broke all my songs using 2.0.

When 3 came out, I decided to go with it, so I wouldn't need two DLLs on my hard drive and when Steinberg phase out 2 at some point (I was kind of expecting it about 5 years ago), it will make my life less painful having to open lots of songs and change all the DLLs over and test they work and test they sound the same.

Maintenance is key for me. I often revisit songs I started 10 - 15 years ago to see if there is any spark to continue them. (I have a single out at the end of the month that I abandoned in 2015, the song I was working on over the weekend, is from 2008 (it wasn't suitable for the band I am in, so abandoned. But it is suitable for my solo project)).

In 12 years, the only issue with VST3 I've suffered is the Cubase issue where it was maxing out, if you had a certain setting set. Which is now fixed.

Anyway, back to a semi plot. I have installed the Kilohearts VST3 versions and removed the VST2 ones and updated those projects that use. (luckily, just stuff I have been doing in the last 10 months)

Return to “Effects”