Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Erisian wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 pm At times like this I wish I had money. :(
I'm happy that I set myself such a tight budget so I don't have to buy everything. :D

I assume if I would want to spend more money, it'd be some hardware anyway. I have enough software for the next decade or two...

Second Skin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:12 pm
GRUMP wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:54 pm Every new Emulation brings one of these Unicorns back to us Earthlings who can then delight in their (completely) different Sound :)
My worry is the Unicorns will eventually outnumber us, the fight has to start somewhere :)
🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

promo code:
it states it is only for modular owners, but it seems to work for everyone:

MONOPHONICLEGEND

add the coupon at checkout. can't check if it eventually doesn't work, but applied it while i wasn't logged in.

my price is in euro's so: with this discount €79,20.

but perhaps waiting for jrrshop.... or in this case?

Thing is... I kinda' wish these companies would do more than just an emulation. One with the limits of the original synth. I get it, it's all about authenticity. That's cool for the sound, but I'd like to see a few of these companies do a bit more, considering you're not limited by the original hardware.

Arturia, do this at least. But then again, they wouldn't have the same quality of sound that softube would imo.

vurt wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:17 pm
GRUMP wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:54 pm Every new Emulation brings one of these Unicorns back to us Earthlings who can then delight in their (completely) different Sound :)
My worry is the Unicorns will eventually outnumber us, the fight has to start somewhere :)
🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄
only when i quote i see unicorns, a cluster of unicorns, covid warning!

Effectsworks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:22 pm Thing is... I kinda' wish these companies would do more than just an emulation. One with the limits of the original synth. I get it, it's all about authenticity. That's cool for the sound, but I'd like to see a few of these companies do a bit more, considering you're not limited by the original hardware.

Arturia, do this at least. But then again, they wouldn't have the same quality of sound that softube would imo.
About every Minimoog emulation I know is enhanced in the one way or the other though.

I assume you mean polyphony especially. Yeah, would be nice. Even though the thing for me is rather the emulation part than the features. E.g. a polyphonic Minimoog doesn't exist in the real world.

Effectsworks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:22 pm Thing is... I kinda' wish these companies would do more than just an emulation. One with the limits of the original synth. I get it, it's all about authenticity. That's cool for the sound, but I'd like to see a few of these companies do a bit more, considering you're not limited by the original hardware.

every emulation behaves differently. and i made great sound patches with the Mini V3. works great, for me.

the sound quality is identical, the behavior, and so the sound is different. can you say it is a better emulation, perhaps. but that is not always a real concern, does the Mini V3 give you the sounds you want? they work great in your tracks? the discussion is become meaningless.

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

About every Minimoog emulation I know is enhanced in the one way or the other though.

I assume you mean polyphony especially. Yeah, would be nice. Even though the thing for me is rather the emulation part than the features. E.g. a polyphonic Minimoog doesn't exist in the real world.
yes enhancements, perhaps softube applied some, nice "tricks" to make a richness that is out of the box, but are also a lot of dull sounding presets.

the real test, for me, is making patches from scratch.

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:24 pm

Well The Legend is a very accurate emulation to Minimoog according to various people and Synapse. I have played with Moog One, it sounded very very similar to The Legend. So maybe Moog One is a polyphonic minimoog :phones:

chk071 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:16 pm
Erisian wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:08 pm At times like this I wish I had money. :(
I'm happy that I set myself such a tight budget so I don't have to buy everything. :D

I assume if I would want to spend more money, it'd be some hardware anyway. I have enough software for the next decade or two...
That's a good point. When I have more space and more money I would really like to start building a hardware modular of some kind.

Demoing the Model 72 now and it truly does sound great. Compared it to the usual crew (Diva, Monark, Mini V, and Legend) and I preferred Model 72 to all of them. I was able to get closest to its sound with Legend. There's a lot of drift in Model 72 and I had to turn up the osc drift in Legend, along with fine tuning adjustments to approximate it. I also had to add some preamp saturation with a separate plug - the amp saturation in Legend couldn't match it. Black Rooster VPRE-73 got me close.

I see that we tend to compare Model 72 to the native plugins but there are also the iOS MiniMoog by Moog itself that seems to be very good and the version by Universal Audio which I haven't tried.
Yorgos Simeonidis

Their Horns are excellent Butt Plugs ☝️😂😂😂

WasteLand wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:21 pmpromo code: it states it is only for modular owners
Modular is included with the Volume bundle, but they don't offer a discount for those users on the website. Those guys who bought our 800 euro pack? Yeah, screw those guys.

Regular non-intro price is €159 - otherwise known as €100 less than a Boog. Perhaps priced more to convince about the value of any future Vol 5 bundle (if it's included) rather than the standalone product?

TBH I'm not a huge fan - I think devs like DMG offer better quality for less money in the FX dept these days, minus the vintage GUI. So not sure if I should expect more from an instrument. I guess someone must still be paying if they're holding on to the Universal Audio pricing structure. Otherwise, 20 euros less than Diva, given what it offers in comparison? Yeah..

GRUMP wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:27 pm
Their Horns are excellent Butt Plugs ☝️😂😂😂
When their ships start arriving I am hoping that is not their message :D

Return to “Instruments”