Anacreon Synthesizer | Anacreon 2.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anacreon

@all Version 2.5.3.2 has been uploaded - channel pressure should work pending testing with aftertouch-capable midi controller, still unknown on the poly aftertouch / polypressure.

@resistent - thanks for your help, I sincerely appreciate it. I'm glad your studio brings some peace, I get that.

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

@resistent This should be an non-break patch until version 2.5.4, which will be a HUGE change. Please do make an EP using only Anacreon! I'm so glad that regular aftertouch works properly, that was a such a problem to get working.

I'm also very glad that you didn't run into any bugs - please let me know if you do.

Thank you for linking me to that forum post on the polypressure aftertouch! I'm going to do research there now.

Finally, thanks for testing this out and for your continued support and enthusiasm, it means so much to me. I hope you find the peace you're looking for today!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks resistent! I'm very excited to hear what you come up with and so pleased to hear that Anacreon is a good fit for you.

@all I'm downright surprised at the lack of bugs being reported by everyone. It's making me uncomfortable - what am I going to do with my life if there's no bugs?

Haven't had the time to really play with Anacreon or any other synth lately. Will try to squeeze some time next weekend. Expect bugs! :P :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

@bmanic phew!! Thanks in advance for the bugs - my life has meaning again. I hope you have a great rest of your week!

Just build a Linux version and your life will shine in new colors.

Erich.Pfister wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:57 pmwhat am I going to do with my life if there's no bugs?
+1 for getting that Linux version out!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

@Kott and @ahanysz and @all,

I've decided to work on the Linux version before 2.5.4 - wish me luck!

@resistent,

Thanks for your help!! I think there were some crackles with polyphonic patches using the LFO at some point, but I can't seem to make it happen again on my machine.

Will the preset format be changed again with 2.5.4? I haven't been testing Anacreon much because it's been a couple rounds so far of presets getting deprecated and making the presets (for me) is kind of a pain. If I want to re-create a an old preset I need to have made a screenshot of it and even then it's still a bit fussy.

I'm hoping that the customizable layout will allow me to change the view enough for better separation. That would make things a bit easier. The three oscillators tightly packed with the same colours and having lines cris-crossing them makes it a bit of a challenge.

I'm not so good at wrangling synths.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

@pough and @resistent:

Version 2.5.4 will be a completely different animal from 2.5.3. The layout will be extremely customizable - like writing HTML. I plan to allow users to define knob appearances, colors, layout, fonts, everything. I'm hoping that someone will end up creating a great layout and offer it for sale on KVR. I'm also hoping to improve the standard layout / provide multiple layouts with the synth.

If you guys put your patches into zip files and send them to me with a note saying what version(s) they are from, I will upgrade them to the current version and send them back to you. I'm playing with the idea of creating a patch conversion script.

I didn't realize how bad this patch breaking was for everyone.

[Edit]

Just to be clear - no new features will be added to 2.5.3. This means that patches will continue to work until 2.5.4, which is months away.

If I promise to make a patch conversion script for 2.5.3 to 2.5.4, will that help you guys feel more comfortable going forward? The script would work on a batch of files in a folder / would be a python script / could be an in-browser tool / could potentially be built into the actual vst.

I'm leaning towards in-browser / built-in - thoughts?

Once I get to 2.5.4 (with full Linux and IOS support), my plan is to jack up the price a little bit further and work on marketing. If this becomes an actual income stream for me, good things will happen for Anacreon and potentially future products.

Anyone who got in on the ground floor / has been a part of this thread up to this point but hasn't bought Anacreon will get a discount that brings the price down to the original 29 USD. (looking at linux users)

Return to “Instruments”