How good are Hornet Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:42 pm It was negative criticism, but not the way you seem to have understood it. What I meant is that Vojtech in my opinion recycles too much from product to product, which I assume is super-easy with his framework (as it is in SynthEdit). I think it's throrough attention to detail that make or break a great product (a kind of attention that is of course possible with SynthEdit too, but not required to quickly come up with something) and he seems not to be especially capable (and/or willing) to muster that sort of attention during development. That makes him quick - and uninteresting to me.
You were talking about Melda ... sorry, my fault :dog: I didnt follow the whole thread :oops: I have no experiences with Melda - or lets say, that i have the same experience as the majority: Downloaded the free bundle, but never used it :hihi: I heard good things about the Melda Spectral thingy, but i'm sure you find similar competitors with less cluttered UI's.

I have the Hornet Deelay plug-in which is pretty good and gets some regular use.
The GUI is a little garish for my taste.

The rest of the Hornet plugs don't really appeal to me so far. I usually demo any new releases, but rarely am tempted.
They are definitely not in the same league as Toneboosters or Klanghelm IMHO.

That said, support from Hornet is excellent.

I like Hornet Tape and Hatefish. TotalEQ may be of interest to me. I liked the MasterTool, when I demoed it, but will have to wait, because it was a little bit buggy, which will probably be sorted out at some point. I have a soft spot for Hornet, because he seems to be a great guy.

The Deelay PLUS looks interesting, does it offer something the Rob Papen Delay (which I have) isn't capable of :?:

Tricky-Loops wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:30 pm The Deelay PLUS looks interesting, does it offer something the Rob Papen Delay (which I have) isn't capable of :?:
I don't know. I wasn't even aware of its existence until now.
I only have the basic Deelay, so I'm afraid I can't help you. I have to say, it (the Deelay Plus) looks mind-bogglingly complicated :scared:
I'm a simple soul :wink:

Electric Mayhem wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:43 pm I'm a simple soul :wink:
:o

And I thought all people at KVR except me have a professional delay with 99 delay lines where all pitchshifted feedbacks are modulated by LFOs, Impulse Responses and MIDI CC and ping-ponged crossover with a Leslie speaker simulation! :hihi:

I have the channel strip,Graffio,the Total EQ and his ripoff of Abletons Erosion thing which is actually better than the one in Ableton Live.they are pretty ok.i use Graffio and Total EQ often enough.bought the last one because it was like 5 euros or something like that and i've used it here and there in sound design.Total EQ is worth the investment.its probably his best plugin a long with the channel strip which is great for abusing.has a really grungy desk distortion quality to it reminiscent of old DnB and Jungle production
I

HATEFISh is well worth having.
I could hardly find a better euclidean sequencer.
Very cheap too.

Electric Mayhem wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:43 pm I have to say, it (the Deelay Plus) looks mind-bogglingly complicated :scared:
Really? It's actually a relatively basic delay...

the two LFOs each have four fixed targets with big knobs for the respective amounts, hence it looks perhaps more complicated than it actually is (tbh I think its GUI is one of Saverio's worst - he has quite good ones sometimes but others not so much).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

edrf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tricky-Loops wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:52 pm
Electric Mayhem wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:43 pm I'm a simple soul :wink:
:o

And I thought all people at KVR except me have a professional delay with 99 delay lines where all pitchshifted feedbacks are modulated by LFOs, Impulse Responses and MIDI CC and ping-ponged crossover with a Leslie speaker simulation! :hihi:
Hell no, complicated delays give me the heebie-jeebies. ValhallaDelay is the maximum on knobs I’ll accept for a delay plugin...

Graffio was only mentioned once, how professional is the EXCITER :?:

Because I don't have a good exciter, all I had was a very simple 32 Bit exciter by Mildon Studios who seems to rework his website.

Or are there better - not too expensive - alternatives?

Dont know Graffio; but for a decent #free Exciter, I can recommend this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCW9E9eh9Mw
DL: http://www.finecutbodies.com/?p=sound
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

What’s really sticking out and also very educational from hornet is their utility plugins which you can level match, auto gain stage and peak leveling automatically across the mix.
When u apply compression u should level match before n after and Hornet has great plugin for this.
They have plugin to measure overall dynamic range of a song, find out whether your track is ready for mastering, check LUFs and auto EQ for tonal balance and all at an amazing price plus free update and no dongles.
Check out some of my latest mixes and remixes:https://soundcloud.com/thinkmusic007

Which Utilities are you using for that? I demoed his Trackutilities but didnt really get into those; actually for simple yet effective & quick Gainstaging, I just use te VU-Meter MK4.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Return to “Effects”