One Synth Challenge #139: Fury-800 by Full Bucket Music (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Removed.
Last edited by ENV1 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi All,

Here's my submission:

https://soundcloud.com/theexponent/psywave-fury

DAW: Reaper 6
Fury-800: 42 instances
Native FX: ReaComp, ReaEQ, ReEQ
3rd Party Free FX: Oril River, GClip, LoudMax, W1 Limiter, Quick Haas, Wider, OTT, Cocoa Delay, A1 StereoControl, A1 TriggerGate, PanCake2, Tal Filter 2, Transpire, MJUCjr
Mastering: JS: DC Filter, TDR SlickEQ, TDR Nova, TDR Kotelnikov, GClip, LoudMax
Metering: SPAN, Youlean Loudness Meter 2

cool

I ran a bit late this month but I think I'm finally done:

https://soundcloud.com/wireframewolves/thunderfury

I usually do a more detailed report but my project file is kind of a mess.
Ableton Live 10
Fury-800: 35; Reverb: 13, EQ8: 12, OTT: 10, Saturator: 8, Delay: 6, Compressor: 5, Utility: 4, Autofilter: 3, Autopan: 2, Drum buss: 1, Limiter: 1, Valhalla Supermassive: 2. Also used a few visualization plug-ins: Spectrum, and Signalizer.

I'm sure to regret posting right after wireframewolves, who most certainly posted a banger that I have yet to listen to... nonetheless:

z.prime - Searching

https://soundcloud.com/z_prime/searching

56 x Full Bucket Music: Fury-800

Bitwig Studio 3.2.8

Bitwig FX:
EQ+ :love:
Blur
Dual Pan
Saturator :love:
Compressor
Dynamics
Peak Limiter
Delay-2
Tool

External FX:
Xfer Records OTT
Valhalla Supermassive
Melda MConvolutionEZ
Melda Waveshaper
Venn Audio FreeClip
TDR Nova
vladg Limiter no6

Enjoy!

Fury turned out to be a pretty quick little synth to work with. No real CPU issues here; able to work around lack of a pitch mod with the 100% reso trick, things seemed always just a tad saw, and what better genre for saws?. As always, nice work Bjorn! I hope one day to finish my own synth and here you are, cranking them out like superman! I only hope you enjoy listening as much as I did tinkering...

@z.prime ... awesome kick there :D ... powerful track "on genre"! What's not to like? :tu: :tu: :clap: :clap:

dB

There is second iteration of my submission, I made changes in second half of track.

https://soundcloud.com/gethiox/gethiox- ... v2-osc-139

Please give me an advice if this kind of automation/effect is allowed by rules or it counts as "rotary effect":
https://youtu.be/hPDBqZn6iJs

Just wanted to add in case you missed it - this is how I used my 18 Fury's

Bass - 3, Piano - 1, Solo synth 2, percussion - 12

dB

Not much time for UI stuff doing all that composing eh? :hihi:

Well, i can understand that. I have removed everything, didnt mean to intrude.

Maybe some other time.

@env1 ... I just added the above because I have just added it to my submission post via an edit, and I thought it might be interesting for some to know what I did ... no reflection on your efforts which look great btw ...

dB

gethiox wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:04 pm Please give me an advice if this kind of automation/effect is allowed by rules or it counts as "rotary effect":
Arpeggiation and panning are certainly both fine. My understanding is that most any automation is fine as long as it's below audio rate. That's above what, about 20Hz? I would assume that applies to arpeggiator note on frequency, as well. It's not clear to me from the video how fast you're modulating the pan or triggering notes, but it looks like the arp is maxing out at a few 8-note cycles per second, which might be pushing it. I'm not sure. I suppose it could also be an issue if your pan effect includes stereo delays that could introduce doppler shifts when modulated. (I *think* the prohibition against "rotary effects" is due to the phase and frequency modulation they can introduce, which is why they're in the same category as chorus, flangers, and phasers. But I could be wrong about that, too.)
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

doctorbob wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:51 pm @env1 ... I just added the above because I have just added it to my submission post via an edit, and I thought it might be interesting for some to know what I did ... no reflection on your efforts which look great btw ...

dB
My decision to remove it had nothing to do with what anyone said, i just thought that maybe it wasnt such a good idea after all to bring it up here since you guys are already busy with other stuff and i didnt want to be a distraction.

So no worries. I will simply make a dedicated thread outside of here, probably over the weekend. :)

ENV1 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:59 pm My decision to remove it had nothing to do with what anyone said, i just thought that maybe it wasnt such a good idea after all to bring it up here since you guys are already busy with other stuff and i didnt want to be a distraction.
Yes! I'm hopelessly far from completing an entry this month, and now I have a rock solid excuse. :wink:
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

What i meant was distraction in this thread.

Especially now that everyone is posting their results it could be seen as disrespectful to ask for opinions on something that is only peripherally related.

I should have realized that before posting anything.

@env1 that's OK. I for one found it an interesting distraction - and maybe FB would be interested in what you are doing?

dB

Return to “Instruments”