Allomerus - Standing on the Shoulders of...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, finally we can hear "Progressive Art Rock" here. The similarity to the early Genesis is true,
and yes: It's fun to listen to this song. The brass instrument, a trumpet (?), is a bit too loud
for my taste.

About the video: I think the idea of the colorful ethno dancer is also very felicitous.
My summary: Keep it up! :tu:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

mevla wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:05 pm
Allomerus wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:27 pmThanks mevla! Pretty subtle huh! 8)
Here GG used to play in front of audiences of 16,000 year after year. Even two times in a year. They played the same football stadium as Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" with Pollen (local band) and Weather Report as opening acts.

Another opening act for GG was local band Etcetera:
Had a bit of a listen to Etcetera. Very good indeed. Definitely would go down well with Gentle Giant audiences!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Frantz wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 am I am not going to get the Gentle Giant musical references but it is still a very enjoyable composition.

The mix was very good except I thought the lead instrument that came in @2:21 was a bit too loud.

Nice work!
Thanks Frantz. Appreciate your listen and feedback. I had another listen and while I can hear what you are saying about it being a bit loud, I kind of like that, in my mind it sounds bold. All the best. :)
Bandcamp

haha, the dude with the beard is strange but weirdly irresistible to watch.
fun music but i agree with frantz that the horns volume is a bit loud in the mix.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Okay, as much as I like weird and dissonant music, this piece is perhaps a tiny bit too weird and dissonant for my tastes. It definitely needs a couple more listens for it to grow on me.

Other than that, it sounded quite nice. Cool instrumentation, nice clean mix.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Listening to the music was a relief. When I saw the thread title, I thought you were going to do an Oasis tribute.

When the music started up in 9/4, I realised that my fears were unfounded, and the synth organ combined with the guitar quickly gave the game away. I think it all worked very well and the video was well conceived and put together. The mix was clean and clear. The music is great and is a terrific tribute to an awesome band who I think are probably the most criminally under-rated Prog band of the early and mid '70s.

It must have taken you hours to clean up afterwards :wink:

Good work :)

I was the bass player for Oasis in 1978 :lol:

layzer wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:46 am haha, the dude with the beard is strange but weirdly irresistible to watch.
fun music but i agree with frantz that the horns volume is a bit loud in the mix.
When I found the dude with the beard I knew he was the one! ;)
Thanks for listening and while I agree the horn stands out, I like that. :)
Bandcamp

AsPeeXXXVIII wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:38 pm Okay, as much as I like weird and dissonant music, this piece is perhaps a tiny bit too weird and dissonant for my tastes. It definitely needs a couple more listens for it to grow on me.

Other than that, it sounded quite nice. Cool instrumentation, nice clean mix.
Thanks AsPeeXXXVIII. Much as I like reverb I have found that less is better for a nice mix. Learning, learning all the time... :)
Bandcamp

seismic1 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:28 pm Listening to the music was a relief. When I saw the thread title, I thought you were going to do an Oasis tribute.

When the music started up in 9/4, I realised that my fears were unfounded, and the synth organ combined with the guitar quickly gave the game away. I think it all worked very well and the video was well conceived and put together. The mix was clean and clear. The music is great and is a terrific tribute to an awesome band who I think are probably the most criminally under-rated Prog band of the early and mid '70s.

It must have taken you hours to clean up afterwards :wink:

Good work :)

I was the bass player for Oasis in 1978 :lol:
Thanks Tim. I tried looking up your Oasis on the inter webs but couldn't find anything... :scared: Got any links?
I agree, they have been criminally under-rated. When I first saw and heard them many years ago I was spell bound!
Bandcamp

Very cool.
:)

As usual, very clean mix. I haven't listened to much prog lately so this was refreshing to hear. I read the horn volume comments before the horns kicked in. They slapped me in the face in the nicest way possible once they made their entrance.

Allomerus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 am
Thanks Tim. I tried looking up your Oasis on the inter webs but couldn't find anything... :scared: Got any links?
There's nothing on the internet relating to the original Oasis, and that's probably for the best. We only played one gig. That consisted of a mixture of Deep Purple and Hawkwind covers, and lots of artistic license (alcohol, iirc). I "played" a black Antoria Les Paul with 3 humbuckers.

Those were the days :hihi:

seismic1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:12 am
Allomerus wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:02 am
There's nothing on the internet relating to the original Oasis, and that's probably for the best. We only played one gig. That consisted of a mixture of Deep Purple and Hawkwind covers, and lots of artistic license (alcohol, iirc). I "played" a black Antoria Les Paul with 3 humbuckers.

Those were the days :hihi:
id prefer reference to your band than the other lot though. :shrug:
can we remove them too?

Fun track and video. Great work.

Second Skin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:28 pm Very cool.
:)
Thank you! :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”