INSTINCT 1.0 Released | Inertia Sound Systems

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Instinct

ahanysz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:31 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:17 pm Experimental Linux Support
Great to see! Unfortunately I've not yet been able to get it working.

I've downloaded the demo version and run Install.sh, and I can see a file ~/.vst/Instinct.so in the same folder as my other VSTs, but Reaper simply doesn't see it. I've tried restarting Reaper and rescanning the VST folders. Any other suggestions?

(Using Reaper 6.08 on Ubuntu 18.04.)
We're building against GLIBC 2.29, I presume Ubuntu 18.04 has a much older version. Can you see which version 18.04 has installed?

Also if you don't mind, can you try GRANULIZER 2.3, in which we also added Linux support https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/sto ... nulizer-2/ ?

Thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I just tried starting Reaper from the command line so that I could see the error messages, and the GLIBC version is indeed the problem. Ubuntu 18.04 has version 2.27. I've been looking at a bunch of Stackoverflow posts that say "do not try to upgrade GLIBC beyond the officially supported version, if it goes wrong it can break lots of things!"

18.04 is a "long term support" version which will stick around until 2023 or later. I was hoping not to need a major upgrade this year. Is there any chance you can build against GBLIC 2.27, or is a Ubuntu upgrade my only safe option for using this plugin?

Downloading Granulizer now. I'll let you know how it goes.

Same issue.

Code: Select all

swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/alex/.vst3/Granulizer 2.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Granulizer 2.so)
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/alex/.vst3/Instinct.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Instinct.so)
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found   (required by /home/alex/.vst/Granulizer 2.so)
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found   (required by /home/alex/.vst/Instinct.so)

ahanysz wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:26 am Same issue.

Code: Select all

swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/alex/.vst3/Granulizer 2.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Granulizer 2.so)
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/alex/.vst3/Instinct.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Instinct.so)
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found   (required by /home/alex/.vst/Granulizer 2.so)
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found   (required by /home/alex/.vst/Instinct.so)
Thank you for digging deeper.

We're gonna try to see if we can get it to build with GLIBC 2.27, but if it starts throwing other issues because of the older stack, we won't be able to support that. We'll keep you posted!

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:46 am We're gonna try to see if we can get it to build with GLIBC 2.27, but if it starts throwing other issues because of the older stack, we won't be able to support that.
Fair enough. Thanks for looking into that option. I'll watch this space for updates :-)

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:23 pm
nordickvr wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:44 pm Hi and thank you for the update but, here's the message I'm having when launching the Instinst_1.0.1.dmg installer (there's a typo, no?):
Instinst_1.0.1.dmg installer image not recognized
OS X 10.13.6 (HS)
We have fixed the issue, you can try to re-download. Let us know if everything worked for you ok.
Thank you for the feedback!
Fixed!
Thank you.

INSTINCT 1.0.1b - macOS Hotfix Release
The macOS version of INSTINCT 1.0.1, has been updated with 1.0.1b.

There was an issue with notarization of the VST & VST3 versions, and they ended up not being included properly in the installer.

This has been amended, and all future downloads of the macOS release of INSTINCT 1.0.1have that fix.

So, if you're a macOS user, please download it from your profile page or the plugin's page: https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/sto ... /instinct/.

As of today and until November 30 Instinct will be offered ad 60% discount!
EnLFBstXYAADyki.jpeg
Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:46 am We're gonna try to see if we can get it to build with GLIBC 2.27, but if it starts throwing other issues because of the older stack, we won't be able to support that. We'll keep you posted!
Any update on this? I'm interested in that Black Friday sale, but only if I can run the native Linux version. (Also for Granulizer, maybe. Same issue there.)

ahanysz wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:53 am
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:46 am We're gonna try to see if we can get it to build with GLIBC 2.27, but if it starts throwing other issues because of the older stack, we won't be able to support that. We'll keep you posted!
Any update on this? I'm interested in that Black Friday sale, but only if I can run the native Linux version. (Also for Granulizer, maybe. Same issue there.)
We're still in the development cycle of our next plugin (which we will try to build with GLIBC 2.27 on Linux(,

But that will take time, the schedule looks roughly like so:

1. end new plugin development, and release it (with a GLIBC 2.27 if no issues arise)
2. Apply the same changes if needed to GRANULIZER 2.3.* build for Linux
3. Apply the same changes if needed to INSTINCT build for Linux

So, whatever you're comfortable with :D

OK, sounds fair. I'll look forward to learning what your next plugin is :-)

PIB Collab@2x.jpg
Hello All

We're making GRANULIZER 2 & INSTINCT available through our friends at Plugin Boutique! Exclusive discount! 🚨
Available until July 25th, 2021.

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

As of today and until December 5th, INSTINCT will be offered at a 50% discount!

Black Friday 2022@1x.jpg

If you'd like to save even more, INSTINCT is included on both our bundles that are currently on sale at a 60% discount: https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/store/products/

INSTINCT 1.1.0 has been officially released!

instinct_1.1.0_gunnar@2x.jpg

It's been a long time coming. Known for its unparalleled ability to transform sounds into uncharted territories, INSTINCT is far more than your average audio processing engine. With its unique blend of distortion, dynamics processing, and tone shaping capabilities, it's a platform where sonic dreams become reality.

Now, with the anticipated release of version 1.1.0, INSTINCT evolves further, introducing an array of features and improvements that cater to the needs of today's diverse audio community. Let’s dive into what makes this update a game-changer.

Apple Silicon Support

INSTINCT is the last product that hadn't joined the "dark-side". The empire rejoice we roll out 1.1.0 with native support for Apple Silicon, marking a significant step forward in compatibility and performance. This update harnesses the advanced power of Apple's latest chips, ensuring smoother operation and enhanced efficiency for MacOS users.

New Feedback Feature

The introduction of a new feedback feature in INSTINCT 1.1.0 opens the doors to even more creative possibilities. This innovative tool allows users to craft more complex and rich textures, further expanding the sonic palette available to them.

User-Defined Preset Path

Flexibility is key in any creative process. With INSTICT 1.1.0, users gain the ability to define their own preset paths, providing a more personalized and organized workflow. This feature is a boon for producers and sound designers who juggle multiple projects and need quick access to their custom sounds.

Enhanced GUI: Bigger and Better

Responding to user feedback, the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of INSTINCT has been enlarged and spaced out for better visibility and ease of use. This improvement not only makes the tool more accessible but also enhances the overall user experience, making the process of sound manipulation more intuitive and enjoyable.

Streamlined License-Based Authorization

GRANULIZER & HINDER users already know how much better the experience is. The new streamlined license-based authorization process is a noteworthy upgrade, offering a more straightforward and user-friendly method of authorizing the software. This system is designed to be backward compatible, ensuring a smooth transition for existing users.

Deauthorization Capability

Adding to the user-friendly nature of the software, INSTINCT 1.1.0 allows users to deauthorize the plugin. This feature is particularly useful for those who work on multiple systems or need to transfer their license between different machines.

Over 80 Presets

INSTINCT 1.1.0 comes packed with more than 80 presets, providing a vast playground for users to explore and be inspired by. These presets range from subtle analog warmth to aggressive and alien soundscapes, showcasing the versatility of INSTINCT.

Optimizations and Bug Fixes

The developers have diligently worked on optimizing the software and squashing bugs, ensuring a more stable, efficient, and reliable experience for all users.

Expanded Linux Support

Understanding the diverse range of systems used in the audio world, INSTINCT 1.1.0 extends its compatibility to support both older and newer Linux versions by statically linking OpenSSL. This move significantly broadens the user base, allowing more creators to experience INSTINCT's unique sonic capabilities.

INSTINCT 1.1.0 is not just an update; it’s a significant leap forward in the realm of audio engineering. By listening to its user base and constantly innovating, the team behind INSTINCT continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible in sound design and music production. Whether you're a seasoned professional or an aspiring creator, INSTINCT 1.1.0 invites you to step into a new world of sonic exploration.

Experience the power of INSTINCT 1.1.0 and let your creative instincts run wild!

This is a free upgrade for all existing INSTINCT 1.0 owners. INSTINCT will be on a 50% discount until the 13th of November. Enjoy!

Return to “Effects”