Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e-crooner wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:56 pm Yes, any decent synth can make that sound.
Therefore you might ask yourself if you really need (yet another) Minimoog emulation in 2020 ;)

Yes, unless you only use such simple sounds in your music. :)

I only use simple sounds :clown:

But I find it interesting how similar Diva sounds to the Model 72 (even in more complex sounds with several oscillators). Diva also has oscillator drift (I used the Minimoog Template, there is "Voice Drift" activated).

4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pm I only use simple sounds :clown:
Me too, most of the time. :) I just think that synthesizers mostly differ when you crank up the resonance, do some filter sweeps, do some "tight" sounds with fast filter decay times etc.

4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:34 pmBut I find it interesting how similar Diva sounds to the Model 72 (even in more complex sounds with several oscillators).
It's really similar to Monark too.. IE anyone would struggle to tell most sounds apart. The main difference is in how they all implement feedback. If you squint your ears hard enough you'll maybe notice a bit of difference in how they handle stuff like the osc level as well.

Monark never really did it for me at all.
I like this comparison video which actually pairs it against HW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1h07ws--CM
wish he added Softube

From perspective of being the only new stuff for Modular in an increasingly annoying amount of time, I dont see it as too bad a thing at the discounted entry level price offer offer (erm, yeah, okay) ; about £10 per module.
If it wasnt also broken up for use in Modular, I'd not really have given it a second glance, though, wasnt after yet another MM.
As it is, Im more in 'can afford it, still gotta pay for the roof so aint gonna' mode. And when the price doubles, definitely not. But I'd like to have it.

I'd like to think that maybe they could do a few more like this, some of the stuff that spawned a hundred clone Eurorack modules each. SH101, MS20, SEM, Wasp. Cliched for all-in-one synths, really, but a nice spread of staples for Modular.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Anyone here who owns Softube Amp Room can tell me how much Model 73 costs / if there is a discount ?

Dip200 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:13 pm Anyone here who owns Softube Amp Room can tell me how much Model 73 costs / if there is a discount ?
I own amp room and vol4 and it just says 99€

Interesting, I own volume 4 and it also says 99€. I can get Amp Room for 25€, so I thought to first buy that and then Model 73 hehe

Probably still worth it for me, I like this plugin as playable Filter FX insert. ( I own real Moogs so not interested in the synth itself )

e-crooner wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:56 pm
the.new.me wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:37 pm
4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:17 pm Some tests with only one activated oscillator and adjusted levels. 1 bar @C1 and later 1 bar @C2.
Legend, Model 72, Diva - in this order.
Legend is the earlier model and a small drift of "2" (saturation with default setting "2").
24dB filter closed, filter envelope enabled.

https://4damind.com/frank/frank_arnold- ... 2_diva.wav

There is more low end with Model 72 and Diva (sounding similar), at @C2 there is not so much difference. Model 72 sounds for me the best, directly followed by Diva, Legend the last place.
I checked your sample in my car and all sounded like coming from same synthesizer just with different filter setting. :-D
Yes, any decent synth can make that sound.

That is a good short comparison of each plugin, but when you use a Moog emu or other similar sounding synth it is tough to tell what plugin it is once it is in a mix of other instruments.

yes emulations, when in a mix, who can hear it?
but i think the main attraction is the 7 modules for softube modular. i am still not that convinced. enough demo time.. and the offer is valid until late october..

Theres still quite some differences with hardware when it comes to high resonance sounds. Watch from the 3 minute market.

https://youtu.be/UW5TifwnD-c?t=183
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Second Skin wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:40 am I thought the market was already well over saturated with Minimoog emulations. Obviously not. :)
Softube must feel confident they will make a decent return on their investment.
I do hope just a few developers will bring something new to the table though.
All things being equal good luck to Softube.
This. I can think of a bunch of other classic analogs that could use some modeling love... Arp 2600, for starters. I’ve got Monark, Legend, Mini V, Modular V, PolyMoog for Voltage modular (which also has a Model D filter mode) and a Studio Electronics ATC-X with Moog oscillator clones and a Moog filter clone. If there’s one thing I’m not short of, it’s Moog.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

v1o wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:10 pm Theres still quite some differences with hardware when it comes to high resonance sounds. Watch from the 3 minute market.

https://youtu.be/UW5TifwnD-c?t=183
almost feels like owning both legend and model 72 is like owning two model D's.
Softube feels a bit crispier, legend abit duller, and hardware in between.

Return to “Instruments”