Gforce Software, something new is on its way...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Oberheim OB-E

CS81 hopefully

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:52 pm CS81 hopefully
Sinclair CS81? with the 16K memory pack?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

zvenx wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:16 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:30 am .....
Also:
The new products, I can say with no bias, are stunning. I cannot wait for us to get them out in the world.
So Products, plural.

Nice.
rsp
I recall them saying publicly somewhere (probably in an email to customers) that there were two products currently in the works. One was just about ready, and one was going to need more time.

So I think come early October we'll see one new g-force product.

On the subject of a potential CS-80, as long as it supports MPE, you've basically got controllers like the Rise and the Morph which could act as very good CS-80 controllers with per-key aftertouch and ribbons/pitch-bend. Could be interesting to pair up a really good CS-80 emulation with an MPE controller.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:41 pm On the subject of a potential CS-80, as long as it supports MPE, you've basically got controllers like the Rise and the Morph which could act as very good CS-80 controllers with per-key aftertouch and ribbons/pitch-bend. Could be interesting to pair up a really good CS-80 emulation with an MPE controller.
Would work well with the ASM Hydrasynth too.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Any speculation on the second product if one happens to be a CS80? Maybe a Korg 800DV?

CS-80 and Jup-8 are my bet.

o
m
g
:o

Unless I'm missing something, havn't Arturia made excellent versions of the some of the above named instruments?

Arturia made excellent versions
excellency and Arturia are not quite a match made in heaven. they have a long road to cover before they can call their modeling "excellent". for now they're just OK.

u-he is excellent, but that's another story.

leeleema wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 pm Unless I'm missing something, havn't Arturia made excellent versions of the some of the above named instruments?
The only people who call those 'excellent' are either 1. review sites that are more interested in clicks + ad revenue than meaningful content, or 2. people who have never heard the original synths, have no real sense of what they sound like or what makes them great, but rather are simply impressed by Arturia's ability to graphically render a UI that looks passably similar to the original physical synth surface.

leeleema wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:11 pm Unless I'm missing something, havn't Arturia made excellent versions of the some of the above named instruments?
depends on your definition of excellence.
if you like them, that's what counts.
not everyone would agree.

My guesses are CS-80 and OB 8-voice.

Gforce seem to be hardcore ARP lovers, so maybe one of them is the Quadra....that would go nicely with their existing Odyssey plugin.

If they are indeed doing a CS-80, that would be soooo exciting. I strongly dislike the Arturia one, and have been very impressed with Gforce's product line, so bring it on, I say.

ariston wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:42 am A CS80 with an optional hardware controller weighing in at a mere 40 Kg.
I’d be first in line to buy it. Dave loves his CS-80 and would be very difficult to please, so I think they’d be the first company to get it right. The Arturia and Memorymoon emulations are mediocre.
Stormchild

I like Arturia a lot, and some of their newer emulations are very good, but their CS-80 and Jupiter-8 plugins are just okay. Roland’s Jupiter-8 plugin is much better, and even comes in hardware form (System-8). So far no one has made a great CS-80 emulation.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”