Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alchemedia wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:07 pm Softube has acknowledged an ongoing OpenGL issue. Windows updates break their code and they eventually hack a temp fix but have yet to actually resolve the issue once and for all.
SHall1000 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:43 pm Softube's last module release (the Vermona) still crashes Ableton Live for me even 6 months after release (been back and forth with support), so reluctant to get any more modules for Modular. Plus, they don't look that exciting.
I had a similar problem with the Softube FixPhaser some month ago... disabling OpenGL solved the problem.

Alchemedia wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:07 pm Softube has acknowledged an ongoing OpenGL issue. Windows updates break their code and they eventually hack a temp fix but have yet to actually resolve the issue once and for all.
SHall1000 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:43 pm Softube's last module release (the Vermona) still crashes Ableton Live for me even 6 months after release (been back and forth with support), so reluctant to get any more modules for Modular. Plus, they don't look that exciting.
Hmmm... that must be the reason for my fatal graphics crash yesterday when I played with Model 72.

i thought only mac suffers "update issues" considering the drama surrounding every macOS release
the.new.me wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 pm And if IL Sytrus can sound like Monark, probably it also can sound like Moog. You are nitpicking now over very insignificant things.

Everything is moog. I am moog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14v7dv80xdqka ... g.mp3?dl=0

what is this nonsense supposed to be

Ploki wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:45 pm
i thought only mac suffers "update issues" considering the drama surrounding every macOS release
the.new.me wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:09 pm And if IL Sytrus can sound like Monark, probably it also can sound like Moog. You are nitpicking now over very insignificant things.

Everything is moog. I am moog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/14v7dv80xdqka ... g.mp3?dl=0

what is this nonsense supposed to be
Same as yours

too bad Moog haven't ported their app to desktop. they endorse the LUNA version, but UA model with buying interfaces and paying for LUNA plugins is unreasonably expensive if one's only interested in UA Minimoog.

really surprised by softube. This synth feels rich and ''analog'' just like u-he Diva. Great price too :)

4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:17 pm I had a similar problem with the Softube FixPhaser some month ago... disabling OpenGL solved the problem.
Yes, unless as in my case Modular crashes immediately upon launching. Do you happen to have an Nvidia GPU?
Last edited by Alchemedia on Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm Hmmm... that must be the reason for my fatal graphics crash yesterday when I played with Model 72.
Most likely, despite the fact that Softube tech support informed me they recently resolved the issue for the umpteenth time via latest installer. Do you have an Nvidia GPU?

You know, I was just sitting around the other day, thinking, "What the world lacks is a Minimoog emluation."
A well-behaved signature.

the model 72 sounds closer to Charlatan than the UHE synths :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

In have same issue with Nvidia rtx 2080 if Inhaber open more than 5 instances in ableton. It slowed down my ableton and I have to close the plug-in windows, otherwise I have to wait for every mouse click minutes

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm
Hmmm... that must be the reason for my fatal graphics crash yesterday when I played with Model 72.
mmmh, openGL seems steady now on my system. strange. windows 10 pro (2004) all updates, gtx 1060 6 gb.

Alchemedia wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:46 am
4damind wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:17 pm I had a similar problem with the Softube FixPhaser some month ago... disabling OpenGL solved the problem.
Yes, unless as in my case Modular crashes immediately upon launching. Do you happen to have an Nvidia GPU?
No, I use the integrated GPU of the Intel CPU (HD 4000)

sacer wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:14 am In have same issue with Nvidia rtx 2080 if Inhaber open more than 5 instances in ableton. It slowed down my ableton and I have to close the plug-in windows, otherwise I have to wait for every mouse click minutes
why not in one post. i show when you use openGL, and look at taskmanager, not the buffer size meter (it is never a cpu meter), when you use openGL, or at least on my system, also the CPU load goes up, also of course the load of my graphic card (gtx 1060 6 gb, an oldy..).

i googled it. maybe a better search will come with more results, but i only saw developer threads, openGL implementation is difficult, or difficult; you must consider a lot of things. it seems developers neglect that openGL has it's flaws, in the way, when you do backward compatibilty, makes it less stable.. you must in openGL, pull more info about what is going on on the system that your openGL code use, because it can activate the fall back to cpu, in windows. while still the GPU is used, pretty high for a plugin, not that high. but still..

Return to “Instruments”