Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

collider wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:11 pm
vskunk wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:26 am do you plan to add some kind of saturation of the filters ?
All Xpander filter have Thickness and Distortion or Drive/Drive-mode options.
i dont see it ! i ll need to take some time with it !

Great plugin! But it crashes FL Studio (latest) when removing the plugin (both vst2 and vst3) or closing the project.
No such issue in Reaper. Also, in Studio One i can't use the DAW interface when the Shade UI is open...

I've seen the idea of parallel tossed around, I do think this would be cool, but I think it is worth it for UVI to find a practical solution rather than just putting it in to put it in.

another feature request I'd have but isn't so "necessary" would be more distortion types on the expander models

honestly shade has the potential to be an amazing multifx if they added parallel processing and more effects
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

A few feature requests (or maybe I´m missing something):

1. Ability to solo the selected band (a show stopper for me)
2. Ability to overlay spectrogram from another Shade instance
3. Optional display of both pre and post spectrogram
4. Optional virtual keyboard display, and ability to snap frequencies to notes

Anyone having issues with Cubase not closing after loading Shade? This is with just one track of HalionSonicSE and Shade and nothing else. Cubase closes perfectly like normal unless I load Shade in a project.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:05 pm
vskunk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm wow...i've been playing with demo all the day , the more i use it the more i love it...
buying it make sens even if you have ProQ and Volcano....
Until Volcano 3 is out... :hihi:
And if the quality of the filters will be improved. The Volcano 2 filters sound horrible, imo. :wink:

collider wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:11 pm
vskunk wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:06 pm wow...i've been playing with demo all the day , the more i use it the more i love it...
And if the quality of the filters will be improved. The Volcano 2 filters sound horrible, imo. :wink:
Volcano 2 filters, sounding horrible? Isn't a bit over exaggerated? Surely not perfect nor the best around these days as it starts to show its age (Volcano 2 is what, like 12 years old I think? That's quite old in the plugin realm), but still, qualifying it as horrible? Not sure.
Last edited by Neon Breath on Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

more shade ideas (aka feature requests ;-) ):

wet/dry/mix knob for Phasers, maybe also flangers
some do have it (or gain), others not...

double-click a knob to reset it to it's default
(yes, there is option-click - but it's yet another handmove to the keyboard...)

copy/paste of a single filter
i.s.: control-click the filter in the filter tab and/or control-click the filter bullet in the graph area
gives besides bypass/delete also copy/paste as additional options

p.s.: question:
is there a logic behind the colours of the filters ?
or just pure random ?

pps:
volcano seems to be 12 years old
their yt preview is of May 13, 2008

Rickskii wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:34 pm I bought from Audiodeluxe. Makes sense for Europeans. I saved about $15 and got over 5 deluxe bucks!
You got it cheaper than the listed $79...?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

That's what I thought originally as well but I think they're referring to VAT.

I think $79 is the lowest you will get for now.

^ Cheers, yea that's my experience too, logged into AD and looking round elsewhere .
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Neon Breath wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 am
Volcano 2 filters, sounding horrible? Isn't a bit over exaggerated? Surely not perfect nor the best around these days as it starts to show its age (Volcano 2 is what, like 12 years old I think? That's quite old in the plugin realm), but still, qualifying it as horrible? Not sure.
To me they indeed sound horrible, that term might be confusing or over exaggerated for some, but that's what I'm hearing. I'm kinda extreme in a lot of things :wink: In general - I love FabFilter plugins.

revvy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:39 am
Rickskii wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:34 pm I bought from Audiodeluxe. Makes sense for Europeans. I saved about $15 and got over 5 deluxe bucks!
You got it cheaper than the listed $79...?
In Europe we have that currency called €.
UVI sells Shade for €79 right now to us. So buying it for $79 is already €10 less.

collider wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:36 am
Neon Breath wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:34 am
To me they indeed sound horrible, that term might be confusing or over exaggerated for some, but that's what I'm hearing. I'm kinda extreme in a lot of things :wink: In general - I love FabFilter plugins.
Got it. All cool. Nonetheless, about time Fabfilters update their Volcano filter pluging. 12 years! :o

collider wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:41 am

In Europe we have that currency called €.
f**k off, wasn't asking you what currency you have in Europe. I was asking somebody else if they got it cheaper than I quoted.

Edit: sorry, of course, I now add a :wink:

Return to “Effects”