Call to Action: Charity 2020 (auction ended, $31886 raised)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear friends.

Time goes by fast huh? This is our 10 year anniversary for our little annual fundraising. I can't locate the 2011 thread but in 2012 we raised $15211 for Save the Children. :clap:

So, to all newcomers please read on the rest of you know the drill...

Introduction: Hello, my name is Soren and I'm a sound designer from Denmark. The past ten years I have organized a charitable fundraising in October, asking companies in the audio industry for software and hardware donations to be placed on auction for a good cause. That way, we have raised more than $185000 for Save the Children, $17000 for Plastic Oceans and $30000 for WWF. Here's a diploma collage from the fundraising over the years: Charity 2011-2019

MusiCares COVID-19 Relief
COVID-19 has had an impact on everything this year, including our music industry. It has affected thousands of composers, producers and music creators who are left with an uncertain future, so this year we are giving back to our peers by raising funds to MusiCares COVID-19 Relief.

MusiCares COVID-19 Relief is a partnership between MusiCares and the Recording Academy (GRAMMY) and has helped upwards of 18.000 music industry artists and professionals affected by the pandemic, focusing on the most pressing needs and prioritizing those who experience a medical, dental, mental health, insurance, substance abuse or eviction crisis.

How does it work?
Throughout October, companies and developers in the audio industry will donate music software, studio effects and hardware instruments which are placed on auction for anyone to bid on.

October 31 at midnight (CET) all auctions will end, and during the first half of November companies will reach out to the winners to arrange delivery (sending serial keys, account creation, address if physical shipping etc.) and as the final step, funds are transferred to MusiCares COVID-19 Relief.

It works, it's a solid way to raise funds and it's pure a win-win: Companies contribute to a good cause, the consumer get products often way below retail market price and both sides help to aid and support the same music industry they both are part of.

The auction platform
Since 2019 the auction has moved to the RallyUp platform and those who want to participate in the bidding is required to read the FAQ on the bottom of the auction page. The FAQ is also where the details are so read and understand the FAQ. The auction:

Audio Industry for MusiCares COVID-19 Relief

There will be 2nd hand auction too where you can donate your old plugins, this is run by KVR member EnGee here on the forum of KVR and will be administrated by him alone and this 2nd hand auction is found right here: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=553357. Please consider dusting off your unused software and donate it to him!

Me and KVR member FLAndi will contact companies for donations but please feel free to contact your favorite developer and ask them for a contribution.

Happy bidding!
Last edited by Luftrum on Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:53 am, edited 17 times in total.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Reply just to follow thread, and get notifications :D
Fernando (FMR)

Great! :clap:

By tomorrow morning (my time, NZ time), I will start a thread in the Sell & Buy forum here in KVR (I will contact Luftrum before that) and I will also contact the moderator to make these threads sticky (thanks in advanced Moderator :) )

Hey Søren, thanks for doing the charity again and happy 10 year anniversary! :party:
I'm in as usual, I just sent you an email.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

:party: :clap: :tu:

:hyper:

Following

fmr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:32 am Reply just to follow thread, and get notifications :D
Mik_lo wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:17 pmFollowing
You can press the spanner at the bottom of the thread and click Subscribe, no need to do dummy replies :wink:

:party:

Add an 'every single chip' bundle from Plogue.
Cheers
David Viens, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc. Montreal.
https://twitter.com/plgDavid
https://plogue.com

Don’t wanna be the party pooper and maybe I’m getting a wrong impression from the web site, but to me it seems that MusicCare COVID aid is primarily operating the US and musicians there. Now there’s nothing wrong with that, but what I liked about the previous charities was that they were working mostly world wide and not specific to one or a few countries. As COVID affects musicians all around the world, it would be nice to contribute to a global charity (if such exists for the topic).
But again, I might be wrong and MusicCare actually does work for musicians anywhere and in general I’m very much for helping out those in the music industry...

Good to see it back again!

Off to the races. Thanks for keeping up the good work. My first bid is in.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

fese wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm it would be nice to contribute to a global charity (if such exists for the topic).
Agree, that would be nice and I also did spend quite some time looking for a global solution, I just couldn't find any. There are many many organizations and funds helping artists affected by COVID-19 in all countries, but they are each tied to a specific country and each has their own way of helping artists.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Luftrum wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 pm
fese wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm it would be nice to contribute to a global charity (if such exists for the topic).
Agree, that would be nice and I also did spend quite some time looking for a global solution, I just couldn't find any. There are many many organizations and funds helping artists affected by COVID-19 in all countries, but they are each tied to a specific country and each has their own way of helping artists.
Unfortunately (for some others) Recording Academy only gives money to musicians operating for US labels or distributors, as I read.

liqih wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:52 pm Unfortunately (for some others) Recording Academy only gives money to musicians operating for US labels or distributors, as I read.
Yes, I am aware of that. As I wrote, there were really no global alternative. But let me know what you would do to tackle a global COVID-19 relief for the music industry, I am all ears and it could benefit next years fundraising, if the situation is unchanged. :-)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Return to “Instruments”