Komplete 13, ladies and gents

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Komplete 14

pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:07 pm Looks like GR6 doesn't have Demo. For me, it's yes/no of upgrading to K13. Does NI have a typical delay between the release of new product and demo availability?
I am sure you will get a lot of feedback soon (no un intended!) and the audio demos on the web site do sound pretty good...I reckon it will be months before there is a demo- we are the public beta, they will iron out any issues first!
:lol: For me, it'll be an open beta of GR6 or ongoing open beta of MixBox :D
Unfortunately, the audio demo doesn't tell me much about how fast is the workflow (faster than in GR5/the same) ;)
I am hoping to find out soon - COME ON NI!! - It looks pretty similar to me (from watching the video) and they say there will be a full in-depth Video coming soon as well. I have been using mainly HELIX with a bit of Scuffam lately. I also have Amplitude but don't use it much (hate the shop part)

I am hoping GR will be a good update....cant have too many Amp Sims although I think NI missed a tick not rebranding it as 'FX Rack' or something, it has way more uses than just a guitar amp sim with almost all of NI's effects in a rack with modulation and routing possibilities....Lets face it- IK just did that and called it a new product!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:02 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:55 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:07 pm Looks like GR6 doesn't have Demo. For me, it's yes/no of upgrading to K13. Does NI have a typical delay between the release of new product and demo availability?
I am sure you will get a lot of feedback soon (no un intended!) and the audio demos on the web site do sound pretty good...I reckon it will be months before there is a demo- we are the public beta, they will iron out any issues first!
:lol: For me, it'll be an open beta of GR6 or ongoing open beta of MixBox :D
Unfortunately, the audio demo doesn't tell me much about how fast is the workflow (faster than in GR5/the same) ;)
I am hoping GR will be a good update....cant have too many Amp Sims although I think NI missed a tick not rebranding it as 'FX Rack' or something, it has way more uses than just a guitar amp sim with almost all of NI's effects in a rack with modulation and routing possibilities....Lets face it- IK just did that and called it a new product!
That's it! I'm looking at GR6 as an FX Rack / Mixing Tool. Not Guitar amp sim. This is why it's GR6/MixBox for me, not GR6/Amplitube. So far band split, m/s split, modulators etc. are huge + above MixBus.
NI could easily rebrand GR6 into Fx Rack and they would attract another piece of customers

N3ee wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:54 pm I just had a chat with NI support, and he said it can take up to a week. And he confirmed that I will get an upgrade as most of you are are in the same boat as I am. So stay calm and watch videos of the new NI products on YouTube ;)
Videos
Here is the screenshot of the chat
https://ibb.co/j35kXX8
Got mine just now!

Just had the email come through! Downloading now :)

Still waiting (registered my K12U on 13th September).

Just got my email! And I just registered K12 yesterday. :)

Mine's arrived - Guitar Rig 6 missing in Native Access though. Anyone else see it?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:45 pm Mine's arrived - Guitar Rig 6 missing in Native Access though. Anyone else see it?
Trying refreshing the native access, should be there

stephenbaishya wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:13 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 am So in the meantime, a question for those who got K13 upgrade already: did the K12 name just get changed to corresponding K13 name in your account with serial number being the same?
I now have K11Select, K11 Upgrade, K12 Update and K13 Update.

I'm wondering if that means that I can now get rid of K12 Update as I still have other qualifying products (K11), or if it is tied to the K13 serial...?

Edit: checked with NI, the two licences are tied together.
Got my K13U CE license too, haven't registered it yet. And yes, I also confirmed that in my case K13U CE is tied to K12U CE. My K12U CE is based on K8U.

fmr wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:38 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:03 pm Most of us here have only bought K12 update/upgrade and waiting for it to automatically be upgraded to corresponding K13 version. My question was intended for this case.

I wonder why there are two entries? Shouldn't K13U CE simply replace the K12U CE while retaining the same serial number, or did I misunderstand you?
In my case, I already had Komplete 12 Ultimate CE and I bought a second license. So, the old one stayed as it was, and the new one was changed to Komplete Ultimate 13 CE, as expected.

I guess if someone just bought ONE license, they will see it now as Komplete 13.

EDIT: I have to correct. I indeed have TWO licenses - the K12 I recently bought and a NEW K13. Confusing, indeed.
Thanks again. :tu:

Yeah, I just got my K13U CE license and it indeed is a new line item with a different serial number. So, actually it is two licenses. I was thinking that it will actually replace K12U CE. For me the structure is now: K8 -> K8U Upgrade -> K12U CE Upgrade -> K13U CE Update, which means K13U CE is tied to K12U CE.

All is well. I can relax and finally start downloading. :)

I think I was right when I said it is going in reverse direction for the grace period license approvals. Those who registered closer to 1st October seems to have got the licenses first.

Those who registered early September would probably need to wait. I had done on 14th and I had to wait for a few hours too.

Hope everyone gets it today. :)

Thanks LoveEnigma18, yes certainly looks that way.

N3ee wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:47 pm
noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:45 pm Mine's arrived - Guitar Rig 6 missing in Native Access though. Anyone else see it?
No, still MIA. Everything else seems to be there on the CE as far as I can tell, but no Guitar Rig 6.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:01 pm
N3ee wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:47 pm
No, still MIA. Everything else seems to be there on the CE as far as I can tell, but no Guitar Rig 6.
That’s bizarre, have a chat with NI support, they are pretty responsive at the moment.

Also still waiting (registered K12U Upgrade from K12 Sept 24). Maybe they are handling CE licenses first?

Return to “Instruments”