How good are Hornet Plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Skyfall72 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:33 pm What’s really sticking out and also very educational from hornet is their utility plugins which you can level match, auto gain stage and peak leveling automatically across the mix.
When u apply compression u should level match before n after and Hornet has great plugin for this.
They have plugin to measure overall dynamic range of a song, find out whether your track is ready for mastering, check LUFs and auto EQ for tonal balance and all at an amazing price plus free update and no dongles.
Do you mean the Track Utilities MK2 (which measures peaks and RMS) in combination with the LU Meter MK2 (which measures the LUFS)?

But I'm wondering why this isn't both in ONE plugin :?:

Would be nice to have a goniometer in the Track Utilities, too, to see phase issues!

Isn't the Tonebooster EBU Loudness plugin in the Bus Tools bundle better (at least it's made together with famous -14 LUFS Compyfox and even more famous Bob Katz...:wink:)

They are decent for the price. Grabbed two: guitar comp and delay for some 8 euro on sale. No brainer.

TIMT wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 pm I have the channel strip,Graffio,the Total EQ and his ripoff of Abletons Erosion thing which is actually better than the one in Ableton Live...
Thank you for suggesting Corrosion :tu: The fact that he copied an Ableton plugin made me curious, so I watched some videos, tested the demo and bougth it after 5 minutes. This is an excellent tool for adding texture to synth sounds! For 10 € it's a no brainer - I can definitly recommend it :tu:

audiot wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 pm
TIMT wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:59 pm I have the channel strip,Graffio,the Total EQ and his ripoff of Abletons Erosion thing which is actually better than the one in Ableton Live...
Thank you for suggesting Corrosion :tu: The fact that he copied an Ableton plugin made me curious, so I watched some videos, tested the demo and bougth it after 5 minutes. This is an excellent tool for adding texture to synth sounds! For 10 € it's a no brainer - I can definitly recommend it :tu:
BTW there is also an interesting ring modulator in the Melda FreeFX bundle, MRingModulator! :idea:

(Plus sidechain, so it could be fed with an audio track, too, I think.)

(And even a multiband Ring Modulator in my CreativeFX bundle.)

VU Meter with auto gain is a standard for gain staging. It has a flexible grouping structure that was developed based on feedback from users. Highly recommended

Tricky-Loops wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 pm
BTW there is also an interesting ring modulator in the Melda FreeFX bundle, MRingModulator! :idea:

I tried to recreate the Noise Mode from Corrosion with MRingModulator ... and gave up after 3 minutes :hihi: The sheer number of options and the sub menus are killing me. I just want some texture on my synths :bang:

The Noise Mode from the Kilohearts RingModulator came quite close, but Corossions filter sounds better and so the sound has a better overall presence ... plus Corossion is really intuitive and fun with it's xy-Pad :love:

Odd that there isn't a simple X Y track pad in (most) Melda plugins chooseable but similar solutions with the Multiparameter :?:

But that's for the "How good is Melda" thread in several weeks...or how complicated it can be... 😄

Tricky-Loops wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:00 pm But that's for the "How good is Melda" thread in several weeks...or how complicated it can be... 😄
Maximum flexibility is not always a good thing. If you have a sound in mind, there's nothing more distracting than a bad UI that draws to much of your attention. Maybe Melda should think about an easy/expert mode :shrug:

Remind me to copy/paste my statement to your new thread :wink:

Tricky-Loops wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:44 pm

I think a lot of plugin ringmods suck.even the ones with sidechain inputs.the Melda one is as basic as it gets.you should check out the ones that come with VCV and VeeseeVSTRack.they sound on par with ones you get in outboard like the Sherman Filterbank 2..

If you can be assed setting it up,the ring mod in Xils 4 is pretty decent as well.these and the VCV ones are not simply basic multipliers like the Melda one and most other plugin ringmods
I

Would be nice if VU-Meter MK4 had an option to match to a pink noise slope and RMS.
Isn't bass is perceived quieter than the mids?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:40 pm Would be nice if VU-Meter MK4 had an option to match to a pink noise slope and RMS.
Isn't bass is perceived quieter than the mids?
Honestly I only did old skool gain staging so far. I didn't read anything about pink noise (generators) but it seems to be a new technique (because pink noise is equally loud) :?:

Concerning bass, the lower the frequency the quieter it is perceived, especially from older people.

If you already have an Account, check out last Weeks #survey and the 30% coupon, which then can be added to the current 50% Sale. Good opportunity to stock up on some Hornets.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Now that the input is coming to an end and no one wants to tell me about the secret of pink noise, it would be nice if someone could post a song with Euclidian mathematical rhythmization, made with Hatefish!

I was interested in the Greek mythology when I was a teenager, I even bought a book about it but the relationships between all those deities were that complicated that I lost track...Euclidization might be easier... 😄

Tricky-Loops wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:58 pm Now that the input is coming to an end and no one wants to tell me about the secret of pink noise
Mixing To A Pink Noise Reference -
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... -reference
Audio Example
I’ve placed an audio example of the track I used to demonstrate the pink-noise technique on the SOS web site at the address given below. I conducted a basic level mix and nothing else — no pans, no effects or dynamics processing, but it took me only four minutes!
Audio links are here.
http://sosm.ag/pinknoise-media
good for me, because I'm sh%t at mixing :cry:
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:06 pm
Tricky-Loops wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:58 pm Now that the input is coming to an end and no one wants to tell me about the secret of pink noise
Mixing To A Pink Noise Reference -
https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... -reference
good for me, because I'm sh%t at mixing :cry:
So I could use the Melda Pink/White Noise Generator (it's even free) for it :?:

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MNoiseGenerator

Return to “Effects”