Humble ReBundle: Dec 2020: ACID Music Studio 11 / Video Pro X11 / Sound Forge Audio Studio 13 ect..

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SneakyBeats wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:25 am Now that I read some reviews of Mixcraft 9, this deal seems a bit tempting.. 25€ for MC9 and rest is just extra.. Do I need another DAW? :help:
Mind that it's the small version, which lacks some features of the "Pro" version: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/compare-chart

chk071 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 3:43 pm
SneakyBeats wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:25 am Now that I read some reviews of Mixcraft 9, this deal seems a bit tempting.. 25€ for MC9 and rest is just extra.. Do I need another DAW? :help:
Mind that it's the small version, which lacks some features of the "Pro" version: https://acoustica.com/mixcraft/compare-chart
Yeah I noticed that too. Thanks for the notice though.

Just a reminder that the boat for this, sails for this offer in 6 days as of this post.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

I held out till the last day, so I could see what else might pop up in that 20 day period and to give time to explore what was all being provided and whether I could see myself making use of at least most of it. Whilst acquiring another DAW in the process, which I really don't see eclipsing the primary DAW S1.4.6 Pro, with it not cutting it at 1440P resolution (small fonts) there is some real interesting sample content to be had as well as in the form of midi files which might come into use in using with Parawaves 'Rapid' synth. And 'Ingnite' which feels like a reinvigoration of working with Reasons back side of the rack, except with proper GUI scaling, that Propellerheads still haven't managed to achieve. I think that was the clincher in buying it because I do have quite a substantial amount of sample sound content acquired over the past 20 years. Having looked at just what one soundloop pack would cost normally, $15 - $25 alone to buy if one wanted to it all in all seems like a pretty good deal all round not to miss out on.

Anyone else pull the trigger ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

All I’m seeing is a bunch of games from the link, weird.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:19 pm All I’m seeing is a bunch of games from the link, weird.
The bundle of stuff was running for 20 days, and today was the day in which the countdown clock hit zero.

Some more stuff for the creative people: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... le_index_1

chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 pm Some more stuff for the creative people: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... le_index_1
Yup, I noticed that within the first hour that it was posted on facebook..., my jaw fell open :-D as I don't have these titles, although I did use a version Paintshop Pro back in the early 00's. I'll be updating my site to cover this new offer tomorrow / later today now. The CAD software, I didn't even know existed which is of particular interest to me, so I can combine it with Cinema 4D R11.5 XL. It will need some investigating as will that Photoshop plugin which I hope will be properly compatible with Photoshop CS6. Only ever used the trial of Painter earlier this year so that will be nice to get hold of.

I'm still in the process of downloading all 30 of that sample pack content and DAW software lol.

I'll update the title of this thread though.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:00 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:14 pm Some more stuff for the creative people: https://www.humblebundle.com/software/b ... le_index_1
Yup, I noticed that within the first hour that it was posted on facebook..., my jaw fell open :-D as I don't have these titles, although I did use a version Paintshop Pro back in the early 00's. I'll be updating my site to cover this new offer tomorrow / later today now. The CAD software, I didn't even know existed which is of particular interest to me, so I can combine it with Cinema 4D R11.5 XL. It will need some investigating as will that Photoshop plugin which I hope will be properly compatible with Photoshop CS6. Only ever used the trial of Painter earlier this year so that will be nice to get hold of.

I'm still in the process of downloading all 30 of that sample pack content and DAW software lol.

I'll update the title of this thread though.
Sometimes I think I'm the only gamer around here, bundles have been popular for years used to be just games but expanded to everything. The corel one I picked up last year (yes its a good bundle, not for KVR daw talk though).
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:42 am
Sometimes I think I'm the only gamer around here, bundles have been popular for years used to be just games but expanded to everything. The corel one I picked up last year (yes its a good bundle, not for KVR daw talk though).
I use to be a die hard Battlefield 3 player, played it almost every day from 2012 to the end of 2019. Unbelievably and probably because the game is so imprinted on my brain, I've not played it since 19th Dec 2019, which really happened when I needed to free up some disk space and my intent on concentrating on project stuff more. Not entirely sure if it's made much difference by not playing games as I think playing games does stimulate creativity by activating parts of one's brain more like fuel to a fire for certain tasks. I was a master in the tanks especially... wasn't great in the jets, not too bad in the hele's, and did pretty well on foot as well in BF3.. but was getting tired of it and player numbers were dropping. I use to play with friends vie Teamspeak back in 2013-2018. I've been playing computer games since 1981... The most recent game I've played which I acquired vie Humble is Project Cars 2 a few months back and followed by a motorbike game that was also included. The game Alien Isolation is going cheap atm, but only for a few days left now. Never played it, but it looks great and if anything I'd use it as a graphic reference as well.

It's great having all this creative software but it's always hard to find the headspace to use it all and in a cohesive and practical way so you have a scheduled pipeline without getting distracted by other things, or things we are supposed to be worried about. It's been a weird year for sure..

Ya most people aren't though, everytime I mentioned games in music site off-topic forums for chilling in coop or something its crickets. Same timeline pretty much, c64, amiga, pc, quakecon clanning scene in dallas in the 90s, on and on -- mostly chill games for me these days but I can still wup the youngins on any fps I spend time on!
Have you tried Vital?

I got a similar bundle some time ago, with Paintshop Pro 2018 or something. I was quite underwhelmed. The GUI was very slow, and it wasn't very intuitive either. I really prefer Photoshop (Elements) and also Affinity Photo (even though I end up using Photoshop Elements most of the time anyway, as it's just better.

I can't comment on their other software.

chk071 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:30 pm
I got a similar bundle some time ago, with Paintshop Pro 2018 or something. I was quite underwhelmed. The GUI was very slow, and it wasn't very intuitive either. I really prefer Photoshop (Elements) and also Affinity Photo (even though I end up using Photoshop Elements most of the time anyway, as it's just better.

I can't comment on their other software.
Paintshop pro comes from the old days of shareware, its basic.

Photoshop for professional manipulation of photos.
CorelDraw is an illustrator competitor for vectors.
CorelPaint is a virtual painting program.

All are excellent, and benefit greatly from an intuos (or similar) drawing tablet, and is pretty much necessary for Corelpaint. I have all 3, and an Intuos Pro.
Have you tried Vital?

As an alternative, I've read that Gimp is good. I've just been looking into this, as my son wanted something to make memes with. I was leaning toward Adobe Photoshop Elements and also Premiere Elements (for movie editing), as it seems they aren't subscription, and they are supposed to be nice to use. Then I see the Humble Bundle, and I wonder.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

I can recommend PS Elements, it's nice. Don't expect the full package, but, it does what I need it to.

If you're used to Photoshop etc. GIMP is really bad, not only operation and GUI wise, but, it also has the way inferior JPEG compression algorithms (Affinity Photo is worse than Photoshop in that regards as well). I also sorely miss any kind of automation features in it. In PS Elements, it's dead easy to automatically sharpen the picture, or to automatically correct brightness/contrast, or color correction. GIMP is a typical open source software for me. Ok if you have no money, but in no way even remotely the alternative some people make out of it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”