Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alchemedia wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:54 am
chk071 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:22 pm Hmmm... that must be the reason for my fatal graphics crash yesterday when I played with Model 72.
Most likely, despite the fact that Softube tech support informed me they recently resolved the issue for the umpteenth time via latest installer. Do you have an Nvidia GPU?
Yeah.

On the other hand, I also had strange crashes since I updated to the 2nd last Nvidia driver. Not the whole system crashing, but, it shows a blank screen in the browser, then a completely black screen, and then the driver seems to restart again, and I can go on working normally. I think it only happened when I opened a Youtube video though. And, it might be resolved with the latest Nvidia driver, as I didn't have a crash since I updated to that a few days ago. I'll further observe it.

I think there are too many minimoog emus out now (my opinion). I would love a proper Realistic Concertmate MG-1 emu. The manx one is pretty nice though.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

i have a few of Moog emu (minimonsta / mini V ....) i know there is a huge difference between mini V and minimonsta,wich sound really powerfull, i don t feel like clone but different instrument...i own the model 72 and i must say it s a very good thing that we can use it in modular.

stunning

dave dove wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:48 pm stunning
this new minimoog EMU is the best i've ever try for a bass usage.
I must say softube have released a solid kick ass synth !

It's a shame that many people see the Minimoog only as a bass synth... but I don't do it different :P

4damind wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:01 pm It's a shame that many people see the Minimoog only as a bass synth... but I don't do it different :P
There is only so much one can do with a monophonic synth with free-running VCO's.

From strange evolving and organic 808 trap kicks to Boards Of Canada slightly detuned melodies, this new synth is a must-have :love:
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

You know what, I was waiting to buy The Legend and I'm glad I waited because now I'm buying this, good timing.
Last edited by Kameo on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kameo wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:44 am You know what, I was waiting to buy The Legend and I'm glad I did because now I'm buying this, good timing.
from what i ve seen on youtube legend don t sound as model 73, the bass are more powerful.

i’ve owned a couple of minimoogs
both quite different
this is a very good emu of one of them
monark is closer to the other but doesn’t have the tonal detail
the other software instrument with this kevel of tonal detail - but not a minimoog emu - is P900
i think this is better but obvs not as versatile...
on the ‘only useful for bass’ argument
maybe listen to Joe Zawinul...

It sounds pretty good by what I've heard, but I am not as much into modular synthesis and don't have any other SoftTube products to work with it in that way. I already have others such as Diva, Minimonsta, Arturia Mini and The Legend so I'm not sure it's worth getting.

Examigan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:21 am It sounds pretty good by what I've heard, but I am not as much into modular synthesis and don't have any other SoftTube products to work with it in that way. I already have others such as Diva, Minimonsta, Arturia Mini and The Legend so I'm not sure it's worth getting.
i have diva, mini V,minimonsta and the uvi one ( i forget the name)
softube id really different from the other.

This sounds so nice. Thanks Wasteland for sharing the MONOPHONICLEGEND promo code.

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:07 pm I think there are too many minimoog emus out now (my opinion). I would love a proper Realistic Concertmate MG-1 emu. The manx one is pretty nice though.
Or a Prodigy.

Return to “Instruments”