Anyone using Studio One 5 MPE editing?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't have an MPE controller at the moment and as far as I can tell, you can't simply create an MPE track and edit it. If you can, or you've used the editing with and MPE controller, please feel free to describe it.

TIA

It's very unclear exactly how S1 v5 supports MPE

In MIDI editor under Automation lanes you have a tab named Note controller. There you can choose Pitch, Pressure and Timber and its separate for each note in event. Its quite basic.

You also have to enable MPE in the drop down menu at the top of your VSTi tabs window (if the VSTi has the option) and most of the VSTis also usually have enable MPE buttons themselves.

For controllers theyve added and option to enable MPE and set pitch range when you add a new instrument in External devices.

Does it have built in support for Seaboard and Lightpad blocks etc?

This is in the menu of external devices for ROLI:
s1.PNG
There isnt much info available from Presonus regarding MPE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I have Roli Blocks. And interestingly in order to make the Slide work in Equator (for example) I have to uncheck that "Enable MPE" checkbox in the device properties.
Haven't played with it that much actually.

I want to create a track and enter MIDI info by hand, simply to see how it works. I can't find that MPE switch for the VSTi that's mentioned in a post above. VSTi tabs window, what's that referring to?

jonljacobi wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:42 pm I want to create a track and enter MIDI info by hand, simply to see how it works. I can't find that MPE switch for the VSTi that's mentioned in a post above. VSTi tabs window, what's that referring to?
Instrument editor- the instrument tabs at the top
s1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hmm. I clicked on that and did not see an MPE selection. However, I only have the S15 instruments on this computer (macOS). I've seen reports that only VST2x works, and not VST3. Thanks for helping out!

Presonus native instruments dont support MPE. Youll need something like Serum or Pigments or maybe instruments from Roli. Yes at the moment only vst2 is supported (dont know why)

I installed Serum and it works fine. Again, thanks for all the help. I found no help in the docs or on Youtube.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”