Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

dr_who wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:32 am
reusenoise wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm
dr_who wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 pm How’s the sample looping? Any tools/feats to help you find good sounding looping points? Anything comparable to the Penrose Machine in MainStage?
Maybe these https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/endlesswav.html
Certainly looks interesting, too bad my German sucks. (Is there an English version?)

Anyways, I was rather referring to Bliss and its built-in features.
Sorry it's was not so clear :D anyway I use Bliss only for vsti sampler,the automatic loop point work good in 99% of case.
I use Renoise too for more complicated sample mangling then import the .xrni to bliss
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

dr_who wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:32 am
reusenoise wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:38 pm
dr_who wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:35 pm How’s the sample looping? Any tools/feats to help you find good sounding looping points? Anything comparable to the Penrose Machine in MainStage?
Maybe these https://www.bjoernbojahr.de/endlesswav.html
Certainly looks interesting, too bad my German sucks. (Is there an English version?)
Same for me. Then...
https://translate.google.com/translate? ... &sandbox=1
(it may take a minute to display)
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

1.7 just out!

What's new
  • macOS Catalina ready. Notarized installer and standalone app.
  • Linux standalone.
  • Fixed LUA based import not working.
  • Fixed crash loading recent banks from drop down menu.
  • Fixed macOS standalone issue loading VST plug-ins.
Bliss 1.7 is a free update for 1.5 and 1.6 customers.
More information at https://www.discodsp.com/bliss

Thanks!
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Nice! So does the Linux version also have VSTi support too?
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 pm Nice! So does the Linux version also have VSTi support too?
Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 18.56.11.png
;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

discoDSP wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:57 pm
audiojunkie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 pm Nice! So does the Linux version also have VSTi support too?
Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 18.56.11.png
;)
Great!!
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Bliss 1.8 Beta 1 is released for registered customers at https://www.discodsp.com/members/

Linux builds will arrive in Beta 2. Windows is 64-bit only.

Change log

- Feature: Added Standalone ASIO support.
- Fixed: Crashes when exporting as SFZ using Windows Build 1909.
- Fixed: Note and velocity were not displayed to main ZONE drop down.
- Fixed: Bliss asked to replace current program for empty slot on drag & drop.

Feedback is appreciated!
Last edited by discoDSP on Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bliss 1.8 Beta 2 is released for registered customers at https://www.discodsp.com/members/

Change log

- 32-bit Windows build (including standalone for 32-bit only VST instruments sampling).
- Code signed macOS executable.
- Linux build, including standalone (64-bit only).
- Feature: Removed webkit component for better compatibility (Linux).
- Feature: Added JACK support (Linux).

Feedback is appreciated!

Bliss 1.8 has been released.

What's new

Enhancements
  • Added Export Program to mapped WAV files.
  • Added Linux JACK support for standalone.
  • Added Windows ASIO support for standalone.
  • Auto glide mode enabled by default.
  • Delay default value SYNC SYNC 3 ticks.
  • Delay FX synced to host tempo by default.
  • Dialog warning after selecting Extreme Mastering.
  • Full width character display on Program and Zone LCD.
  • Improved Unison speed.
  • Max polyphony changed to 64 voices.
  • More musical Chorus FX default value.
  • New voice Legato and Mono handling.
  • RAM memory per instance reduced to 7.7x.
  • Redistributed VST sampling menu.
  • Removed Linux WebKit component for extra distro compatibility.
  • Updated LUA import scripts.
Fixes
  • Bliss asked replacing current program with empty slots on file drag & drop.
  • Crash exporting as SFZ using Windows Build 1909.
  • Note and velocity weren't displayed to main ZONE drop down.
  • SFZ import added .wav extension to zone name.
It's a free update for 1.5 to 1.8 customers available at Members Area.
More information at https://www.discodsp.com/bliss/

Cheers,
George.

Fun,just downloaded 5 minutes before your forum post,telepathy ? :lol: :lol:
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Making of trailer sound track :)

https://youtu.be/0QYuIlHCCLI

Hello KVR,

I have experience working with Kontakt making sampler presets by my own so my assesment of Bliss is comparing it to Kontakt.
Well, after two month of everyday working with Bliss Standalone ver.1.8 (1-20 presets per day) I found pros and cons of plugin from user point of view.

I will start from pros:
1. One of sampler plugins that exports monolith file .ZBP and it can take from 2 to 10 times less disk space than Kontakt monolith with compressed .ncw files (for example, 1.4 Gb NKI was converted to 310 Mb ZBP);
2. Two-way conversion, I mean Bliss can import .sfz and export .sfz +samples to use it in any other soft sampler of your choice;
3. Preloaded set of effects - you can start tweaking the knobs from first second, don't need to lose time looking for effects to chain;
4. Simultanious application of loop type to all selected samples;
5. Perfect crossfade loop without additional adjustments - just select it, sample transported from end point to start point of loop very smoothly without interruptions and fadings;
6. Possibility to edit samples in exported .ZBP files without saving altered samples to disc (like Kontakt does);
7. Sample editing (cut, normalize, reverse, fade in/out..) happens in one window view using shortcuts.

Now cons:
1. User interface is limited to element colors management only;
2. MIDI associations cannot be assigned to knobs/sliders directly from MIDI controller, only via Macros knobs which are limited to 8 and their command list does not cover all available elements of interface;
3. Assigned MIDI associations are saved with sampler preset (program). New preset will be cleared of all assignments;
4. After association .ZBP files with Bliss double click on .ZBP opens Bliss (standalone) but does not load program;
5. Entering knobs/sliders meaning from keyboard does not apply. Next you need to touch element by mouse to make alterations alive;
6. Loop points cannot be inserted from keyboard, appropriate text fields are not provided in GUI.
7. When saving program to disc you need to enter name (field "Name" is empty). Bliss does not take program name as an example for naming. I usually copy the program name before saving it. This one is very annoing;
8. There is no possibility to save effects' presets to load them;
9. Samples can be divided into groups but you cannot apply effects by group or select samples by group. So it is not clear what is this grouping for.
10. Effects set is limited. No EQ. Would be excellent to chain any VST effect.
11. When combining programs into bank the exported file .ZBB size will include all programs' sizes. For example, if one program size is about 50 Mb full bank of 128 programs can size approximately 6.4 Gb. In my opinion would be better if bank file will be a collection of links to single .ZBPs.

Despite the all cons described above, I like Bliss because of exported file's size and crossfade loop.

At the moment I am missing an equalizer and the ability to work with groups of samples (ADSR, volume, panorama, effects).

Regards,
Vadym

Vadimax wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm Well, after two month of everyday working with Bliss Standalone ver.1.8 (1-20 presets per day) I found pros and cons of plugin from user point of view...
Hello Vadym... Got a question if you're listening to this thread - may have already been answered but I didn't see it. I'm mostly interested in using bliss to speed up the sampling process in Ableton Live. Unfortunately the demo doesn't let me save SFZ files. My idea is to save SFZ files and convert to SF2 using Polyphone, which seems to do a good job converting except I haven't been able to test it with loop settings. Ableton Standard loads SF2 but not SFZ. As far as you know, Bliss does export loop settings within the SFZ correct? I don't suppose you'd be willing to post a single simple SFZ file saved from Bliss that has loop settings so that I could test it in my conversion to Ableton Sampler using Polyphone?
Thanks and I understand time is valuable...

Return to “Instruments”