Antares AVOX alternatives?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are there any alternatives as encompassing as AVOX 4 for voice?
It includes 11 FX apparently, some seem pretty unique.

sidenote: I really wish they stuck with iLok - as iLok actually recognises separate boot volumes as a single machine activation unlike codemeter...

Yeah i had to change from iLok to Codemeter with Avox recently.

Some plug-ins in the bundle are easily replaceable (Sybil, Punch, Warm) , yet others (Choir, Harmony Engine and Throat) i couldn't replace as they sound more natural than anything else available.
And the special fx (Mutator etc) are quite good too, not necessarily better but different sounding from others.
And while everything is tailored to work with voices, some are pretty cool on other stuff too.

But be sure to try them. I have had lots of issues with the older version of Avox 4 on my previous system. It seems to work better lately, since they switched to just vst3.
More BPM please

Hi, and thanks for sharing your experiences with Avox. :-)
I'm also thinking of Avox 4 since they are offering it to me within my account as an upgrade
because of my previous purchses for $199.
I also have a voucher from them that brings the price down once again to $169.
That would make about $17 for 10 plugins (10 not 11, because I already have Harmony Engine, newest version)...
But like always: if you do not need something, then even the cheapest price can not be justified...
So I will follow your suggestion and try them all out first... :tu:

I've since started using MHarmonizerMB and MUnison and MTransformer instead, it's a bit more flexible and i can get similar results.

Choir didn't interest me as much, and Throat was good but... not spectacular. Harmony Engine is great but when i need good harmonies i just make them with Melodyne or FlexPitch manually.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:20 am Yeah i had to change from iLok to Codemeter with Avox recently.

Some plug-ins in the bundle are easily replaceable (Sybil, Punch, Warm)
met welke heb jij warm vervangen? ik zoek al lang...

I use melodyne to recreate overdubs with random timing and pitch and then invert velocity (vibrato).
Little microshift for doubling
Little alterboy for formant (which is what throat is)
Harmony engine sounds terrible and randomizes the placement of each part, so its kinda useless.
The rest are just gimmicky like mic mod or standard de-essers or compressors/transient shapers.
Having said that, I haven't tried their plugins for a while and maybe they've improved but I doubt it. Cant trial them anyway, they're subscription. Oh well.

Throat is a very involved formant tho, i havent found one as flexible

I searched google for this and found my own post. ugh.

So i'm again having some cravings for Antares offering - mainly looking at EFX and Aspire and Throat.
I have most related Melda plugs but Melda can sound crappy and be a pain to dial in and i'm looking for something to speed shit up.

was thinking of buying EFX+ with 1-year unlimited to see if I gel with any of other than buy perma licenses of what i like.
I still haven't found tracking autotune as good as Antares Autotune Access. Waves RT is cool, but i don't find it as robust.

Return to “Effects”