Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

I was on the fence given the lack of resizable UI, but the video above pushed me over and I picked it up!

m43lstr0m wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:44 am I use the iLok app on my PC. Everything is activated once then Cloud synched. Never a problem again. I only launch iLok to activate any new products that have iLok. I don't see any problem with it.
Thankfully never had an old iLok dongle because that would have been a headache.
The problem happens if your computer breaks then you aren't possible to deactivate your licences. Be careful with Ilok i warn!

Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Did you have different experiences?

abi wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:36 pm Had the exact same issue (soft ILOK).

I had to write support mails to all developers and within 3-4 days all licenses were deactivated on my broken machine. At that time eventide and soundtoys were super fast in helping, airmusic took some days.

Luckily when my computer broke, it came back to life for one final hour or two giving me enough time to deactivate the licenses. "dongle next time" i thought, but i haven't replaced the computer yet.

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:39 pm

Luckily when my computer broke, it came back to life for one final hour or two giving me enough time to deactivate the licenses. "dongle next time" i thought, but i haven't replaced the computer yet.
soft ilok, ive never read of anyone losing everything. as above, it may take time (annoying maybe) but the licences are replaced.
with a dongle, you lose it, then you can have issues and at the least will have to pay for, and wait for, a new dongle.
so equally as annoying in terms of time, but with additional cost plus use of a usb port.

plus, its called a dongle, which is f**king stupid.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:46 pm

soft ilok, ive never read of anyone losing everything. as above, it may take time (annoying maybe) but the licences are replaced.
with a dongle, you lose it, then you can have issues and at the least will have to pay for, and wait for, a new dongle.
so equally as annoying in terms of time, but with additional cost plus use of a usb port.
I think i'll need a dongle so that i can use 2 computers.

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:56 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:46 pm

I think i'll need a dongle so that i can use 2 computers.
depends on the developer. of the ones i use eventide, soundtoys, endeavourfx, airmusic, softube and nembriniaudio allow two machines, neuraldsp even 3, only mcdsp allows one.

yeah thats different. depending on developers.
if thats something you need to do, then i can see the use.

i dont own any ilok products hard or soft, not because im against ilok, just havent bought products that require it, if i was interested in a product, ilok wouldnt put me off.
i may prefer soft over a dongle though, personally, for reasons outlined in my previous post.
(mainly usb ports, i dont seem to have enough of those as it is)

I've had 2 computers break in the last 8 month or so! (cheap Dell refurbs)

I think i only have 1 license left on many of my things. Zynaptiq only let you have 1 license and recommend having a dongle. I can see both points of view.

One of the computers was stolen from me had a number of soft iLok licenses on it. I was able to recover them but it required getting ahold of the developer as well as iLok. It was easier than with some things (which I won't re-rehearse here). iLok support was good, reasonably prompt and coherent.

Yeah, we allow two authorizations per license, and try to be reasonable with people if they’re stuck and need more. Also, we try to turn around revokes and new licenses for broken machines or lost iloks quickly.

One of the things you guys don’t see is all of the backend structure PACE has to allow us to do that easily.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

When will we get our hands on the update with the resizeable UI?

aMUSEd wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:58 pm When will we get our hands on the update with the resizeable UI?
+1 :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

My bandmate said he got an update to Pendulate last night. Not sure if it includes a resizable GUI, it's not something I have to worry about.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”