U-he Hardware - CVilization Eurorack Module

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AnX wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:11 pm €340?

i thought all this eurocack was cheap stuff, like €150 max.....

:o
Can't do that when sourcing most shit locally and supporting local businesses:

CVilization locally sourced.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Also, website updated with more info, second video embedded and latest version of the user guide:

https://u-he.com/products/cvilization/

Such that, CVilization is now officially released for us and we're gonna have some bubbly now.

Enjoy,

- U

Congrats!

Great work Urs! And the next? Diva oscillators/filters in an Eurorack module :P
I think the time comes where I must add Eurorack to my setup ;)

4damind wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:43 pm Great work Urs! And the next? Diva oscillators/filters in an Eurorack module :P
I think the time comes where I must add Eurorack to my setup ;)
ok, i thought it would do well...
but converting people to eurorack :o thats power right there!!!

foosnark wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:39 am Just got my shipping notification from Schneidersladen :)
:party:
i look forward to hearing what you think.
be interesting to see if you agree with my comments.

although, if you are anything like me, youll get lost in a few modes for hours at a time 8)
mootating for example, so much fun!!!! :wheee:

id not used sequential switching before either, so that was exciting for me and mind exploding with ideas for useage!!!

Urs wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm Also, website updated with more info, second video embedded and latest version of the user guide:

Such that, CVilization is now officially released for us and we're gonna have some bubbly now.

Enjoy,

- U
Congratulations! Great page layout/presentation, as usual. Noticed this little header under the power header... hmmm. I/O? cascade/multiples/expansion? Select Bus? ... curious indeed.
CVilization.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Lotta times you can hook matrix mixers together to increase the capacity. Maze can do that.
Dunno if that's what it is, certainly it would be useful if one wanted to get 2 of em.

Not having read the manual, I'm still kind of curious about the preset thing, I'm just wondering if it's like MATHS in that maybe you can accomplish things with it, that might not be immediately obvious, like how you can use MATHS as a clock divider or compressor (I think) for those super brainiac types with the required technical know how.

In that case, 3rd party presets might be useful.
Last edited by pekbro on Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:02 pm although, if you are anything like me, youll get lost in a few modes for hours at a time 8)

id not used sequential switching before either, so that was exciting for me and mind exploding with ideas for useage!!!
The matrix mixer and quantization is most of my practical justification for going for it, but I'm really looking forward to checking out the mucorder. :D

I've done a little bit with sequential switching with Stages, but with more steps this should be fun. Also Stages' input sample rate is kind of down in the chiptune range rather than clean audio.

...duplicate
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 pm
Urs wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm Also, website updated with more info, second video embedded and latest version of the user guide:

Enjoy,

- U
Congratulations! Great page layout/presentation, as usual. Noticed this little header under the power header... hmmm. I/O? cascade/multiples/expansion? Select Bus? ... curious indeed.
CVilization.png
5v.

foosnark wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:19 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:02 pm although, if you are anything like me, youll get lost in a few modes for hours at a time 8)

The matrix mixer and quantization is most of my practical justification for going for it, but I'm really looking forward to checking out the mucorder. :D

I've done a little bit with sequential switching with Stages, but with more steps this should be fun. Also Stages' input sample rate is kind of down in the chiptune range rather than clean audio.
yup, definitely no sample/bit reduction,

Congrats u-he! Looks awesome!
Stormchild

vurt wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:14 pm

Enjoy,

- U
CVilization.png
5v.
Sooo, it requires two power strips/ribbons?

No, only one power cable is needed. The module does require 5v in addition to the normal -/+12v and 0v but most PSUs offer that these days. Select Bus and Gate Bus stuff is also handled via the power cable.
The other header hasn't been discussed in any detail as far as I know. I figured it was a programming header but I gather that is not the whole story.
I would be surprised if units can be cascaded. Most matrix mixer modules work in the analog domain, where you can just sum another set of channels together but CVz works in the digital domain, so more channels would increase MCU load, or at least that would be my assumption.

Presets can be used as a starting point. For example, in the sequential switch mode, I have presets with different configurations of the Clock Source and Clock Divider modes.
However, I find that I'm mostly using the presets to quickly switch between configurations which would normally require a lot of encoder turning. This is particularly useful in the Matrix Mixer mode, where I can switch between a preset where input 1-3 are routed to output 1, to a preset where only input 4 is routed to output 1 and inputs 1-3 are routed to output 2, without having to turn the encoders and switch programming pages to get there.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”