Allomerus - It Goes Up to 11

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,

This is a Prog Rock instrumental. On it I used my new SY1000 guitar synth. It's an impressive bit of kit and very deep!

https://youtu.be/t9VoBKhkQj0

John Wegner - Guitar, Guitar Synth, Bass, Drum Programming.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Everything single thing about this is very impressive.

I usually don't like when rock and electronic fuse since it's tough to pull off something cohesive sound-wise. Other than the bell-ish sound being a little too loud compared to everything else, I really liked this. Everything plays together nicely. I had a good laugh at the intro scene of actually turning the amp to 11. It seemed like things were going to get spooky and we're hit with some parkour action. Really creative stuff all around. Keep it up.

this is very nice! Well done :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

great prog. good mix nice variety. enjoyed the listen, John :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

great changes, especially that mid section when the guitar takes off, I really like the fusion of synth elements and live drums. creative composing, wonder what that building would be like at night with a dim flashlight

mbrendzel wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:33 am Everything single thing about this is very impressive.
Wow! Thanks so much. :)
Bandcamp

guitarmiester wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:41 pm I usually don't like when rock and electronic fuse since it's tough to pull off something cohesive sound-wise. Other than the bell-ish sound being a little too loud compared to everything else, I really liked this. Everything plays together nicely. I had a good laugh at the intro scene of actually turning the amp to 11. It seemed like things were going to get spooky and we're hit with some parkour action. Really creative stuff all around. Keep it up.
Thanks guitarmeister! Glad you noticed the turning up to 11 at the start. It took me a bit of mucking about in motion to get the 11 popping in and out of frame. :hihi: I'll have another listen to the bell. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:41 pm this is very nice! Well done :tu:
Thank you Halonmusic! Much appreciated. :)
Bandcamp

layzer wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:23 pm great prog. good mix nice variety. enjoyed the listen, John :phones:
Thanks layzer! Glad you enjoyed it. I agree, headphones are good for this... :)
Bandcamp

This was very enjoyable, John. There was a section in the middle which sounded like '70s Camel that was followed by a section which sounded like Yes, so there was a lot of variation, and the time-signature changes worked nicely. Again the mix was great. Good to see some vintage Soviet computer footage.

Good work :)

spinal tap reference ftw! :tu:

seismic1 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 pm This was very enjoyable, John. There was a section in the middle which sounded like '70s Camel that was followed by a section which sounded like Yes, so there was a lot of variation, and the time-signature changes worked nicely. Again the mix was great. Good to see some vintage Soviet computer footage.

Good work :)
Thanks Tim. I didn't have those bands in mind when putting this together but I won't complain! :) I might have guessed you would know the specific computer images!
Bandcamp

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:00 pm spinal tap reference ftw! :tu:
Thanks vurt! :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”