XSRDO Analogy Official Release

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Kirsty!
Just found something interesting:
If newest version of MuLab Demo scans my plugins directory, Analogy_64.dll is the ONLY one, that doesn't report the VST version properly. It says 'Analogy_64 has VST version 0'.
All other scanned plugins in that directory reported '2400'.
MuLab (as probably most other DAWs) seems not to care, but maybe SaviHost...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Erisian wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:37 pm
kirsty roland wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:22 pm
ZonderP wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm What am I doing wrong when I do not get any sound of any preset (with 0.999.1)?
when using SAVIHost V142. x64.
All other VSTs I tried (3 or 4 of them) just produce sound with same Audio an Midi settings in SAVIHost... :?
Works okay in Mulab 64 bit though.
Are there any technical reasons, why only 64 bit? :?:
I still prefer to work with good old energyXT, which is 32 bit only.
For this reason I didn't use Analogy for quite some time, but now as it is nearing 1.0 release I thought I give it a try with SAVIHost and there I get no sound.
Hi Zonder

Analogy won't work in SaviHost for me either. Maybe because it's nearly 8 years old. I don't know enough about it.
I can't even get synth1 to work on it either.
I don't have any 32bit DAWs anymore so just compile Analogy as 64bit.

Kirsty :)
Nor in VST Host which is related to Savi Host.
Get this version: VST2 Tracing, including keyboard... and send him an email as he states on his page.

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

I'm one of those people who (for years and years): "use SaviHost to test VST's". :wink:

Optionally try Cantabile. The free version is adequate. (I'll be testing the latest build of analogy asap.)

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/compare
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:07 pm
Get this version: VST2 Tracing, including keyboard... and send him an email as he states on his page.

https://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

I'm one of those people who (for years and years): "use SaviHost to test VST's". :wink:

Optionally try Cantabile. The free version is adequate. (I'll be testing the latest build of analogy asap.)

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/compare
Thanks for that. I'll try Cantabile. :)

I've got Analogy working in SAVIHost by disabling my CPU saver code, but only in drone mode. Not via MIDI.
I still can't get Synth1 to load though. I have...
SAVIHost v1.42 x64
Synth1 v1.12 x64
I've done the rename SAVIHost to Synth1 thing, but it still asks me to rename SAVIHost to 'plugin name'.
I must be missing something obvious :roll:

I'm downloading the latest MuLabs now and will try the scan plugin option to get the version number sorted. Good catch Patrik. Perhaps I'm not setting all the VST plugin canDo's properly.
Also downloading VSTHost as well.

When I get to v1.0 I'll see about including a 32bit build.
Please keep posting your comments, it's really helping me out and I'm sure I'll get there in the end :lol:

Cantabile Lite is really good. I'll use it in place of VST Host from now on.

@Kirsty - Have you tried (on the plugin) right-click/rename/ctrl-C then pasting the name over to Savi host, just in case you are typing something wrong?

Erisian wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:46 pm Cantabile Lite is really good. I'll use it in place of VST Host from now on.

@Kirsty - Have you tried (on the plugin) right-click/rename/ctrl-C then pasting the name over to Savi host, just in case you are typing something wrong?
I'll try that

Thanks

Updated to v0.999.2

- Fixed audio engine not responding in SAVIHost.
- Fixed VST Version opcode. Now shows correctly as 2.4 in MuLabs and other hosts.
- Fixed bug in Plugin canDo() return string now reports MIDI events correctly.
- Made 'Audio Engine Always On (Drone Mode) a global setting on the Options menu.

Thanks guys

Kirsty ;)

Hi Kirsty,
no clue how you got a Synth1 1.12 64 bit. :shock:
I think 1.13 was the first to introduce 64 bit and according to Wikipedia it is like that.
('Version 1.13 was the first version to introduce a native 64-bit version of the plugin.')
And also on Wikipedia this 1.13 beta 3 is listed there as stable release.
I think it can really be seen as such.
Regarding SaviHost:
I think what 'Shabdahbriah' wrote was meant to be for you as the developer of Analogy.
Download the SaviHost version named VST2 Tracing, including keyboard (the 64 bit flavor of it).
Run Analogy thru it and send the trace file to Herman Seib, the developer of SaviHost.

Okay, whilst we are at it:
I'm a huge fan of VST plugins which implement stuff according to the VST specifications.
One such a thing unfortunately some VSTs just ignore to provide means to save and load banks and presets (programs) as fxb/fxp. I'm not 100% sure if it is a real VST standard, but most VST plugins did it this way for many years. Especially useful if they don't have their own preset browser built in (DAWs are supposed to be able to save/load banks and presets).
Analogy has a preset browser built in, but I think this additional functionality - so that it is easy to quickly go thru presets from the DAWs without opening the GUI - wouldn't hurt.
And I'm quite convinced, that it shouldn't be too hard to support both ways of saving/loading presets and banks, because usually it can be done in a way, where one makes use of the other...
I guess it would need to be the 'chunks' way.
It would be cool, if Analogy would report 128 (or so) no of programs...

And yes, according to CanDo's, currently Analogy can't do too much (if not to say 'nothing'), but we all know it can :love: )
When I get to v1.0 I'll see about including a 32bit build.
:wheee: :hail:

Ooops, a little too late... :oops:
Some stuff already fixed! :hyper: :clap:
Will try immediately!

Cool - now plays nicely in SaviHost, displays as VST 2.4 and also can 'officially' receive VST events and VST MIDI events...

Hi Kirsty!
Is there a reason, why only one instance of Analogy is allowed to run in a Host?
Seems in 0.999.2 there is a new message related to this (also new?) behavior.
I found it worked with previous version to have more than one instance running...

I always found that limitation on previous versions too, at least on Repaer. Once instance per project is very limiting if Analogy is to be used with audio inputs. Not a big fan of it. I wonder why is that. Globally allocated resources?

Then there are fx inside Analogy that can only be used once for CPU saving too.

I still have to test the last version when I have some time...

ZonderP wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 pm Hi Kirsty,
no clue how you got a Synth1 1.12 64 bit. :shock:
I think 1.13 was the first to introduce 64 bit and according to Wikipedia it is like that.
OMG I can't believe I'm that stupid :dog:
I often rename the *.zip files a program is distributed in on my hard drive to make different versions easier to find.
Somehow I managed to rename Synth1V112.zip to Synth1V112_64.zip.
Of course now I can load V113 into SAVIHost no problem. All that time wasted. I'm am idiot. :bang:
ZonderP wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 pm ...Okay, whilst we are at it:...
...And I'm quite convinced, that it shouldn't be too hard to support both ways of saving/loading presets and banks...
It's harder than you think. Analogy just doesn't work like that. However, I might be able to have the host show and exchange preset names (all 128 of em) to allow patch switching with a minimised window. I'll look into that later.
ZonderP wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:17 pm Is there a reason, why only one instance of Analogy is allowed to run in a Host?
Yes. I'm writing another program in parallel with Analogy that has the same code but dosn't allow for multiple instances, so Analogy is also limited to one instance for the time being.
rafa1981 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:30 am ...Then there are fx inside Analogy that can only be used once for CPU saving too.
Eventually every module except System and Output will have multiple instances because modules are actually just mini plugins :tu:

For now I just want to get Analogy to a stable v1.0, so please keep trying to break it and tell me what's wrong :lol: so that I can improve it.

Thanks

I can't get it to open in Savi Host. The host starts to open then goes white and crashes. Cantabile lite - perfect: Cakewalk By Bandlab - perfect.

0.999.2 draws the window fine on Reaper 6.15

I still can't load pm-pad, or any of the patches I did. All of them have the missing cables bug.

To install I just erase the old folder, install the new one and set the cables to thin on the options.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”