PLASMONIC - A new synth from Brian Clevinger

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Absynth Plasmonic

Spitfire31 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:12 pm :shrug: I don't regret not becoming a 'backer', if this sleep inducing opus is representative of the synth…
well, its an instrument, you make whatever misic you want with it :shrug:

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I liked the sounds... Nothing that really jumped out and grabbed me, but overall seemed of good quality.

Looking forward to this (finally) being released.
A well-behaved signature.

Drums ruin synth demos!

The plucky sounds in that track are very interesting, kind of acoustic quality to them.

I may just wait for his next plugin the Sample mangler.

Yeah of course guys.
From one sound demo of one guy we can easily ban all earlier sounds we have heared out of our mind and can conclude that you can only produce the sounds of this demo. Then it ends all

I'll take it one further, I've never heard a demo that made me buy a synth, and if the demo song in a DAW was the deciding factor I would not use a DAW. I've even done demos for synths in the past. :hihi:

Seriously every musician is the worst judge on any music ever, we're all so jaded. I wasn't super impressed with the song, but I almost never am, I don't hold that against the writer or the demo. I thought some of the sounds were good and some were run of the mill, but if every sound in a song is texturally complex, it's a mush of a song..

What I hear is a synth capable of organic string type sounds that String Studio etc. can do, but that can do MPE. Without the dogmatic attempt at "recreating" strings. That's an instant buy for me. Falcon can do this but to have it as a main focus is huge.

It's crazy how quickly people are willing to pile on a tiny developer, before the synth is even out? The hateraide must taste good I guess? :borg:

I would like to know what kind of sounds are we waiting?
Va sounds, physical modeling...
From what I hear in the demo :
Deep bass, nice pluck, great ambiance and lovely kind of object friction in the intro...
Best
YY

Nice sounds in demo, love it!

Whywhy wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:43 am I would like to know what kind of sounds are we waiting?
Va sounds, physical modeling...
From what I hear in the demo :
Deep bass, nice pluck, great ambiance and lovely kind of object friction in the intro...
Look into what Brian says Plasmonic is supposed to be. https://rhizomatic.xyz

Classic synth nerd BS.
"from this 2 minute demo, i can tell that this plugin is the worst thing ever invented! Now excuse me while i make some more music for my pet ferrets using a 20 year old plugin on my 30 year old computer, running Windows 95."

I think demo songs with presets of a synth should include some combos of bass, pluk, lead, pad, chord, percussion, and some effects. Playing solo presets over a nice trio of percussion, bass and keys/guitar, would also be effective, so we can hear unique new qualities worth paying for, in audio backdrops we can relate to. It doesn't take very many great presets to clinch a sale.
Cheers

This demo has been made from a beta tester.

the drums were nice

gunnar wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:46 am This demo has been made from a beta tester.
What's kind of hilarious is how well received the demo is on the Absynth Facebook page. People are asking for a longer version etc. Kinda shows you how toxic this place can be. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”