Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:14 am So, i'd really like to demos this :) Is there a version available that doesn't crash AU?
Don't know bout demo version but the authorized one doesn't crash Logic anymore.

nordickvr wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:43 am
Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:14 am So, i'd really like to demos this :) Is there a version available that doesn't crash AU?
Don't know bout demo version but the authorized one doesn't crash Logic anymore.
Yep, and right after your (ploki) post the dev suggested you re download, didn't it get fixed?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:29 pm
Yep, and right after your (ploki) post the dev suggested you re download, didn't it get fixed?
i didnt get another download link :/ will try again today

Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:12 pm
revvy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:29 pm
i didnt get another download link :/ will try again today
use the same one.
It redirect always to the latest version
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

thank you! will try it today

Just tried it now in Logic on Mojave, worked like a charm.

I've been putting off trying this. Oh my goodness, what a great FX/filter.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 am
gondii wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:40 am Personally I also like the double click to reset features on the parameters as well.

But on the filters themselves the bypass would work much better for a fluid workflow imo. That's because I'm quick to compare, while deleting is comparatively more deliberate. And often times I also toggle between a bypassed/unbypassed signal, while deleting is a one-time, permanent action.
Louis Couka wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:28 pm For the Shape feature we had the oppurtunity to morph between gaussian/uniform distribution via a mapper, but I'm not sure that it's a game changer feature.
Not sure about game changer, but I think this would still be a useful feature to have. I think a randomized gaussian mapper is pretty cool by itself (it's quite nice in Pigments for example). And with a morph feature you could accentuate either the high or low values, as a result changing the probability of what values are being output. That and S&H :)
I am still surprised more people dont use beta distributions rather than gaussian or uniform. With beta distribution you have two parameters and can change the distribution smoothly from extreme bimodal (extreme ends have high probability, middle has low) through to very good approximations of uniform and gaussian as well as whatever skew you want. Beta with an XY pad gets pretty much everything
I didn't know that one, thanks for sharing.
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 am I am still surprised more people dont use beta distributions rather than gaussian or uniform. With beta distribution you have two parameters and can change the distribution smoothly from extreme bimodal (extreme ends have high probability, middle has low) through to very good approximations of uniform and gaussian as well as whatever skew you want. Beta with an XY pad gets pretty much everything
does sound cool, do you have any examples of vst that are utilising this?

gondii wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:17 pm
fairlyclose wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:22 am I am still surprised more people dont use beta distributions rather than gaussian or uniform. With beta distribution you have two parameters and can change the distribution smoothly from extreme bimodal (extreme ends have high probability, middle has low) through to very good approximations of uniform and gaussian as well as whatever skew you want. Beta with an XY pad gets pretty much everything
does sound cool, do you have any examples of vst that are utilising this?
no I dont, but here is a page with graphs showing just how incredibly versatile the beta distribution is. For generative midi it is ideal
https://stephens999.github.io/fiveMinuteStats/beta.html

i demoed it!
this thing is insanely powerful... Great work.
Will sleep on it tho, 79€ is not exactly dirt cheap and corona is knocking heavy on music biz in this god forsaken country.

You bid for it in the Auction going on right now if you want it for cheaper!

Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 pm Will sleep on it tho, 79€ is not exactly dirt cheap and corona is knocking heavy on music biz in this god forsaken country.
it's $79 on audiodelxue.com and the exchange rates are pretty good atm... so like 67€

a strange little bug or missbehaviour that is repeatable

abstract:
1st undo resets preset browser to default

step by step:
1) select (for example) Animated Basic > Hypnosis
2) change "Spread" to 100%
3) hit undo
4) "Spread" goes back to the original -0,38% but
5) the preset browser now has the preset title "Default"
6) hit the preset adbvance triangle
7) now you are at the very first preset aka "BB Boster" instead of the following of Hpnosis

even more bizarre behaviour
1) select the preset Color > Tape
2) change LFO1 Depth to 100%
3) hit undo
4) Spread goes back to the original 59,1% but
5) the preset browser now shows a preset called "K7" which does not exist! :-)

6) have i found the super secret easter egg and won the 1 million prize ? :party:

7) hit either the preset advance or previous button results in a short display freeze or SPOD

this behaviour is only for the very first action and its undo
so if i change for example consecutively 4 parameters
the (erratic) jump to "Default" will be with the 4th undo

system:
mac os mojave, Logic 10.5.1, AU version of Shade v1.1.0
(allready present in earlier versions - didn't have time to report)

gondii wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:34 pm
Ploki wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 pm Will sleep on it tho, 79€ is not exactly dirt cheap and corona is knocking heavy on music biz in this god forsaken country.
it's $79 on audiodelxue.com and the exchange rates are pretty good atm... so like 67€
Just noticed JRR the same, $79

l33t4e wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 pm You bid for it in the Auction going on right now if you want it for cheaper!
auction ? :ud:

Return to “Effects”