Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Yeah I disagree that it sounds bad as well. I have tested plenty of guitar amp sims over the past year and I own most of the Kuassa stuff, GR6, Amplitube 4 and some lesser used ones like Bitwig amp and Klevgr Stark (And have had the logic and Ableton ones in the past). And honestly I've always been most happy with Amplitube. I've used it ever since V1 way back when amp sims, or even VSTs for that matter, weren't widely used. The models have obviously improved since then and I quite like the fender stuff and the new marshals especially. It's really just the presets showing that I don't own that drive me nuts and I always wished it was stereo (not for guitar but as a normal effect processor). Also I am very much looking forward to it getting a GUI facelift like the Modo series, which I think are excellent, especially on touch screens, as they are multi-touch. That's huge with guitar and a big reason I use Kuassa. It's much less awkward holding a pick to make adjustments on screen than with a mouse.

jens wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:28 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:22 pm Amplitube just needs to sound a whole lot better and it'll be fine. Don't know what it is about Amplitube 4 but it sounds pretty damn bad to me.
Does not sound bad to me at all actually (the newer stuff, that is) - tbh I am even inclined to say " if you can't get a good sound out if it, it's you" (I normally don't use it myself though because I hate the interface and think the thing tends to use far too much CPU for what it does)...
I only have the basic Amplitube 4 pack, whatever that is.. never thought of buying any expansions for it as the core package sounded so bad. I do use it as a stomp rack and effects system every once in a while but it's mainly for synths and weird experimental mayhem.. never guitars. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The basic AT4 pack is a mixed bag. Some of those models are from Amplitube 2 and just carried over without updates to inflate the number of models included. So there's something like 3 AC-30 models, but 2 pre-date Amplitube 4. Some of the post-AT4 models are better IMO, but they're inconsistent. These days, I'm totally happy using Neural DSP's Plini or some of the Overloud TH-U Rig Player libraries from Choptones if I'm going to use an amp sim. But I've got a few nice amps here and plenty of microphones and stomp boxes so I'd really just be more inclined to kick it old school these days.

bmanic wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:09 pm
jens wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:28 pm
bmanic wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:22 pm Amplitube just needs to sound a whole lot better and it'll be fine. Don't know what it is about Amplitube 4 but it sounds pretty damn bad to me.
Does not sound bad to me at all actually (the newer stuff, that is) - tbh I am even inclined to say " if you can't get a good sound out if it, it's you" (I normally don't use it myself though because I hate the interface and think the thing tends to use far too much CPU for what it does)...
I only have the basic Amplitube 4 pack, whatever that is.. never thought of buying any expansions for it as the core package sounded so bad. I do use it as a stomp rack and effects system every once in a while but it's mainly for synths and weird experimental mayhem.. never guitars. :)
There are older models in there that aren't great, but I'm surprised you think the new Marshalls in V4 was so bad compared to others.

I wanted to move away from Amplitube because of an error I was getting at one point and the whole preset thing, but after trying TH-U and a bunch of others, I ended up back with Amplitube (and their support solved the weird error my system was throwing with it). Other than a few Kuassa amps - I quite like Matchlock but not sure I have any preference between it and the fender amps in Amplitube.

Sound Aesthetics is always personal.
I do not like the sound of either Kuassa stuff or Amplitube in 2020. Sure 8 or so years ago, Amplitube was my go to guitar amp sim.
You don't like GR 6, whereas I like the new stuff.

But yeah for me too, I (whilst not having all the amplitube stuff) I do not like or even use them.

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Well, whatever it is, just wait 6 months and there will be a 'CrAzY no brainer group buy bundle 78% off buy one get 3.7 free 'MAX' Studio' deal :lol:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Amplitube 4 "standard" costs 170€, I suppose they would charge 99€ for an update

If the GUI using the modo tech, and they add stereo input, and let us not show presets and models we don't own in the browsers, I'd buy the upgrade immediately.

If it's not Amplitube 5 I'm not buying it. I have everything else.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:21 pm The basic AT4 pack is a mixed bag. Some of those models are from Amplitube 2 and just carried over without updates to inflate the number of models included. So there's something like 3 AC-30 models, but 2 pre-date Amplitube 4. Some of the post-AT4 models are better IMO, but they're inconsistent. These days, I'm totally happy using Neural DSP's Plini or some of the Overloud TH-U Rig Player libraries from Choptones if I'm going to use an amp sim. But I've got a few nice amps here and plenty of microphones and stomp boxes so I'd really just be more inclined to kick it old school these days.
the neural stuff doesn't work for me as my system is not a high speced modern model. and i have no plans of upgrading hardware just to run neuraldsp sims so it can be buried in a mix with synths and beats.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Neural DSP doesn't have models of specific amps. What I want is a model of my amp and pedals. AmpliTube has it. Some "generic" amp model isn't going to do it for me. I'm not making pop diva tracks here.

As for AmpliTube sounding "bad" - well, really listen to a classic record, or better still, the isolated guitar stems if you can find them. Those amps sound "bad" too. Thin, scratchy, weird noise and EQ, sound like they were recorded inside a toilet. That's just how real amps with mics on them sound.

I've dialed in a lot of classic tones with AmpliTube, using the provided models of the same gear that the artist used, and A/B'd them with isolated stems. The weak link is always the cab, which sounds static, veiled and flat compared to the original track, like it's been filtered through cheesecloth. To really hear it you need to switch between the 2 rapidly. But this is a shortcoming of convolution due to its static nature, not the amp modeling.

But let's wait and see what AmpliTube 5 brings to the cab section. Maybe it will surprise us.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Neural afaik do model specific amps (but some are indeed hybrids), they just don't tell you what the actual name is.
Also there is an assumption there that some of us who don't like the sound of Amplitube, have never played, recorded and or mixed real amps, cabinets and pedals in our projects. For me I can tell you i have done all of those.

Indeed though, we shall see what Amp5 brings.
rsp
sound sculptist

I know that Neural models are at the very least "inspired" by specific amps, or certain amp styles. The issue though, is the offerings are a very limited selection of very general amp types. There is no JC-120 replica, for example. AmpliTube has hundreds of models, with a very good chance your specific rig or something extremely close to it can be replicated.

paulmatthew wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:00 pm And Amplitube still needs an IR import feature.
Maybe AmpliTube 5 will let you do that...
The only catch will be you have to purchase an "IR Import Token" every time you want to load your own impulse.

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:02 pm I know that Neural models are at the very least "inspired" by specific amps, or certain amp styles. The issue though, is the offerings are a very limited selection of very general amp types. There is no JC-120 replica, for example. AmpliTube has hundreds of models, with a very good chance your specific rig or something extremely close to it can be replicated.
Got ya.
Btw I have heard that the Cory Wong clean machine is a JC-120 replica.

rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”