Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

benedettodue wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:34 am A little trick to temporarily solve ZenologyPro's "Lilliputian" graphics problem in windows (the trick is valid for all Rolandcloud software).
You have to take advantage of the "resizing and layout" option of windows (right click on the desktop and screen setting) which allows with a trick to have larger graphics, which I remember can be obtained without problems with the MAC. I tested it on 4K (3840x2160) and Cubase monitors. The trick is fine until you log off or shut down from the pc.
First you need to enter the recommended windows resizing (150% for 4k), then run the DAW (cubase) and Zenology at max zoom; leaving the daw open, then just insert the windows resizing greater (200-225%) and the zenology graphics finally large up to occupy the full screen.
Useful for programming sessions waiting for roland to fix the problem.
Thanks for the hint! This works.
It's a better option than the windows magnifier (Windows key + "+") which only allows zooming to 200% and more, not 125%, 150%

Just as no one seems to be discussing it: how is everyone liking Zenology Pro so far? I like it, the sounds and waveforms and presets are terrific, it's pretty easy to use, but I think it sucks that it doesn't seem possible to load in custom waveforms. If that was in there, the scaling issue was solved and the plugin start up times fixed (this is really by far the most annoying thing about Roland Cloud next to the Roland Cloud manager which just constantly gets in some weird hanging state), this could be a go-to plugin for me. Unfortunately, it's not really there yet.

good point btw, and one I don't see mentioned very often, but the start-up times for all the Roland Cloud plugs is horrendous! Even just scanning them takes a LONG time.

bnz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:16 pm Just as no one seems to be discussing it: how is everyone liking Zenology Pro so far? I like it, the sounds and waveforms and presets are terrific, it's pretty easy to use, but I think it sucks that it doesn't seem possible to load in custom waveforms. If that was in there, the scaling issue was solved and the plugin start up times fixed (this is really by far the most annoying thing about Roland Cloud next to the Roland Cloud manager which just constantly gets in some weird hanging state), this could be a go-to plugin for me. Unfortunately, it's not really there yet.
Finding it to be rather "meh"...
And the subscription model/cloud manager check in requirement is making it a definite no for me.

I have been playing with the XV5080 demo though and am much more impressed with it than the JV1080 I demoed last month. Being able to compare it with Zenology reveals the difference between them for me also.
If it wasn't for that periodic "must check-in" even with a "Lifetime" purchase, they might have closed me on the XV.
As it is now, it's just an enjoyable jaunt down memory lane until it stops working.

JamminFool wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:02 pm good point btw, and one I don't see mentioned very often, but the start-up times for all the Roland Cloud plugs is horrendous! Even just scanning them takes a LONG time.
Yes I agree and that's the main issue with these plugins for me. It takes around 15 sec for Zenology to load (the first instance, then it's normal), it's awful. Other than that, Zenology Pro is really good and helpful in my productions as there is a lot of variety in the sounds. It's one of the most complete rompler+va engine soft synth currently on the market. I like the interface, it's a real improvement over the JV/XV/SRX plugins. I'd like to see Supernatural acoustic expansions in it :)

My plugouts open up quicker than the korg triton plugin but i did also disable the rcm service from using the internett via my firewall.

I made a habit of open the cloud app once every week.

It is the Phone Home copy protection for every instance that is very slow "rcm service"

Try to disable the internett and load up a few plugouts and see the difference :tu:

bnz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:16 pm... it sucks that it doesn't seem possible to load in custom waveforms.
you can't load your own samples into ZENology Pro? :neutral:

At least I haven't found it. I mean, I could read it up in the user manual, but the pages are so long that it's practically unreadable. I'm not sure who had this insane idea to produce a document that isn't easily pageable and where you have to adjust your zoom for each page individually. It should've been an HTML document for that.

still need to checkout zenology pro, i hope this will be additionally added with jd800 stuff :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Do owners of the Jupiter X and Xm have to pay extra to use Zenology and the Model Expansions also on the Computer?

BBFG# wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:13 pm
bnz wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:16 pm Just as no one seems to be discussing it: how is everyone liking Zenology Pro so far? I like it, the sounds and waveforms and presets are terrific, it's pretty easy to use, but I think it sucks that it doesn't seem possible to load in custom waveforms. If that was in there, the scaling issue was solved and the plugin start up times fixed (this is really by far the most annoying thing about Roland Cloud next to the Roland Cloud manager which just constantly gets in some weird hanging state), this could be a go-to plugin for me. Unfortunately, it's not really there yet.
And the subscription model/cloud manager check in requirement is making it a definite no for me.

I have been playing with the XV5080 demo though and am much more impressed with it than the JV1080 I demoed last month. Being able to compare it with Zenology reveals the difference between them for me also.
If it wasn't for that periodic "must check-in" even with a "Lifetime" purchase, they might have closed me on the XV.
As it is now, it's just an enjoyable jaunt down memory lane until it stops working.
Cloud Jv 1080 and cloud xv5080 sound engines are exactly the same .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 pm

But the number of presets are not.
And while I find many of the XV presets to also be "meh", many of the additional ones are more impressive.

But neither are good enough to forget their history with this type of licensing scheme. Or at the "lifetime" price, which comes down to the lifetime of the manager and not the actual plugin.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:48 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:08 pm

But the number of presets are not.
And while I find many of the XV presets to also be "meh", many of the additional ones are more impressive.

But neither are good enough to forget their history with this type of licensing scheme. Or at the "lifetime" price, which comes down to the lifetime of the manager and not the actual plugin.
Hi, BBFG#! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I just wanted to offer some info about the subscription vs. lifetime key debate. When we offered subscriptions to the Roland Cloud at a monthly or annual rate in order to make our library of sounds more accessible, we had a number of customers that requested lifetime keys to be able to use their favorite sounds without having to have continual payment, etc. We have listened to those that requested the Lifetime Keys and provided that option. The difference is just to accommodate the usage and needs of many different members of our community, based on their feedback. We're always working to make the Roland Cloud experience rewarding and inspiring. Thanks!

I've heard this before.
Until it's released from the cloud manager, I'm not buying into that spiel again.
You have priors.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:39 pm ...We have listened to those that requested the Lifetime Keys and provided that option...
I do appreciate that you offer lifetime keys instead of solely focusing on subscriptions, but I find the cloud manager authorization to be very tedious (I generally don´t like the idea, plus the cloud manager just doesn´t work too well for me).

Please consider making different authorization options available, e.g. a simple serial, a key file, one-time C/R, or even iLok (yeah, I know that a bunch of users would flame you for that, but if it was "just another option", why not?). I really want to buy Zenology Pro, but that would require another authorization method.

Return to “Instruments”