2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shiek927 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:21 am I bought a slew of 90's/early 2k virtual analog synths: Nord Lead 2, Novation Supernova, WaldorfQ, Roland JD990 and Roland V-Synth. I'm a 90's enthusiast and wanted to make some 1990's dance tracks very authentically. All of them have been sold to different owners by now, but my experience showed me that the JD990 was really all that I needed. That one was the best-sounding synth by far and, alongside contemporary soft-synths like Avenger and Diva, is really all you would 'need' if you wanted to make great 90's style music. Everything else honestly felt underwhelming when they were actually thrown into the mix.

Waiting for the JD990 to appear in the Roland Cloud :)
I absolutely agree with this! JD 990 is an amazing synth.

I did receive the Flux Sequencer, which is pretty awesome actually. Maybe not for everyone, as
there are about 30 basic parameters per channel, not including the mod, macro and global functions.
This x 4 channels x 16 steps per channel, so it can have close to 2000 configurable parameters just
to control your gate and cv output. It's basically a super ratcheting sequencer, with mask-able steps
and step division that can seemingly run at audio rate, so you can approximate granular and stuff
or the sound of rain or something with it.

@foosnark: that sucks about the DFAM :(

My Arturia Keylab is out of warranty, of course, and the C3 key is dead. I’m waiting on some advice from Arturia to get it sorted, but I’ve kind of set my mind on getting a new poly synth with a decent 49+ key keyboard anyway. I’m looking at interest free options so can anyone recommend anywhere (UK based preferably) that does long term interest free (or v low interest rates) on a range of synths? I’ve found the odd 18 and 24 month deal at Andertons, but nothing that takes my fancy.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I've been writing some 90's electronica for a project recently, which meant I had to buy a Korg Wavestation SR of course.

Now, if anyone knows where to get some rack ears for it...
IMG_1967v2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BONES wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:19 am I just bought another Waldorf Rocket. I'd been thinking of getting a brand new one for ages, way back to when I had my original, second-hand one. Even after I sold that, I still looked up prices now and then and it seems they are getting rarer. That made me think Waldorf might have stopped making them so I figured it was now or never. So I got one on eBay, from a shop in Glasgow, at a good price. Shipping was only $20 (11 pounds) and it got to Sydney in 6 days, where a CD via airmail takes about three weeks. That's amazing service and it's so nice to have a Rocket back in my set-up. It sounds so freakin' good and is so easy to work with. I was an idiot to have sold the old one in the first place. This one's got very different packaging to the last one, too. Not sure why they'd do that.
Oops fat fingered a reply by accident, so might as well add something. 😁

Thought for a second you meant a second one. Nice sounding little box though. Bit of a one trick pony? Maybe not if you used it as a main synth for a show. Not quite sure how you then go and sell one if it was used do heavily!

Reminded of this that I came across. Getting some great sounds out of all these small boxes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1r5uZJMNXmQ

I sold the Rocket because I'd bought half-a-dozen new things. I am not sentimental about this stuff at all.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:14 pm So if the price of $599 is true for the BARP 2600 then yeah I'm getting one even though I'd sworn off getting another hardware mono synth.
Behringer kept us waiting for major news for a full 7 months, but now the 2600 (ARP 2600 Clone) is in production, price & availability is not known

Update: Behringer just revealed that the 2600 will cost $599 USD what is near a no-brainer deal for a 2600 clone.
https://www.synthanatomy.com/2020/10/be ... ction.html
Shit. I don't have a place to put it if I were to buy it, but I really like this price point!

My better half got me a (2020) Gibson Les Paul Standard with a AAA top (50s).

As I said before, I'm no guitarist but on behalf of all guitarists... I've been practicing non-stop because IMO it deserves to be played right.

elxsound wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:22 am My better half got me a (2020) Gibson Les Paul Standard with a AAA top (50s).
:o nice!

any chance of one for me? :D

Ordered a CVilization. Ive only been back on KVR for like 15 minutes or something. :scared:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:09 pm Ordered a CVilization. Ive only been back on KVR for like 15 minutes or something. :scared:
:lol:

4damind over in modular forum is asking after nifty case experience :)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=554246

I'm waiting for two new additions: Korg DW-8000 (any minute) and the new BS 2 AFX Station. Gonna pair them up with another new instrument, the TR-06. Feeling cyberpunkish these days!

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:09 pm Ordered a CVilization. Ive only been back on KVR for like 15 minutes or something. :scared:

:tu:

whyterabbyt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:43 pm
vurt wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:11 pm

:tu:
that dreadbox/nifty set up looks pretty cool actually!
if gigs were still a thing, that might have been perfect with a midi controller and laptop 8)

quick, simple and light enough for quick escape afterwards :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:28 pm
that dreadbox/nifty set up looks pretty cool actually!
if gigs were still a thing, that might have been perfect with a midi controller and laptop 8)

quick, simple and light enough for quick escape afterwards :hihi:
Yeah, I kinda wanted a 'movable' system, even if portability was just taking it downstairs.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”