Heaven's a Place (and I'll take you there) -=[retro funk]=- ... feedback welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DanielPersson wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:40 am As already mentioned I think the vocals could be mixed a little better. I think they stand out to much compared to everything else.
I have hardly worked with vocals myself so I think i better stay away from giving you any mixing advice on that though :)

The rest of the song was very good and catchy!
Thanks for the feedback and comment on the vocals. : ) Vocal mixing for me is an art which I'm hopefully improving at. For me its the hardest element to mix, after the kick/bass low end elements.

Bansaw,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: as usual, your vocals remind me of Dave Gahan, which is a good thing. The background vocals are good too, makes me wonder how they were created (from samples?). Your vocal pitch control sounds good. I like the funky guitars, the bass riffs, and the big brass section! Instrumentally, it has a 70's funk vibe. The drums, disco synths, and strings sound good too. Nice job! :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

@enroe - thanks for the feedback and comment. Pleased you liked the funkyness! : )

@thomekk - thanks for the comment. A couple of people have mentioned the vocals and brass. I'll have to listen on another speaker, because they sounded OK on mine. I do admit that I might have left too much reverb in the 2nd verse though.

@Allomerus - Thanks! You and some others mentioned the vocals. The drums are EZDrummer which is triggering my drumkit in VPS Avenger. An odd combination but seems to work. Thanks for the encouragement. :tu:

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:33 am Bansaw,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song: as usual, your vocals remind me of Dave Gahan, which is a good thing. The background vocals are good too, makes me wonder how they were created (from samples?). Your vocal pitch control sounds good. I like the funky guitars, the bass riffs, and the big brass section! Instrumentally, it has a 70's funk vibe. The drums, disco synths, and strings sound good too. Nice job! :)
@aaron, thanks for returning the review! I rate Ghan, one of my favourite bands. The background vocals are EastWest backup singers. I use that plugin a lot. : )

Return to “Music Cafe”