Shade: filtery thing from UVI. :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shade Sonic Shades for UVI Shade

muki wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 am a strange little bug or missbehaviour that is repeatable

abstract:
1st undo resets preset browser to default

step by step:
1) select (for example) Animated Basic > Hypnosis
2) change "Spread" to 100%
3) hit undo
4) "Spread" goes back to the original -0,38% but
5) the preset browser now has the preset title "Default"
6) hit the preset adbvance triangle
7) now you are at the very first preset aka "BB Boster" instead of the following of Hpnosis

even more bizarre behaviour
1) select the preset Color > Tape
2) change LFO1 Depth to 100%
3) hit undo
4) Spread goes back to the original 59,1% but
5) the preset browser now shows a preset called "K7" which does not exist! :-)

6) have i found the super secret easter egg and won the 1 million prize ? :party:

7) hit either the preset advance or previous button results in a short display freeze or SPOD

this behaviour is only for the very first action and its undo
so if i change for example consecutively 4 parameters
the (erratic) jump to "Default" will be with the 4th undo

system:
mac os mojave, Logic 10.5.1, AU version of Shade v1.1.0
(allready present in earlier versions - didn't have time to report)
the most astounding part of this bug is that you noticed it and then could remember all those steps to make it repeatable. Respect

muki wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:53 am a strange little bug or missbehaviour that is repeatable

abstract:
1st undo resets preset browser to default

step by step:
1) select (for example) Animated Basic > Hypnosis
2) change "Spread" to 100%
3) hit undo
4) "Spread" goes back to the original -0,38% but
5) the preset browser now has the preset title "Default"
6) hit the preset adbvance triangle
7) now you are at the very first preset aka "BB Boster" instead of the following of Hpnosis

even more bizarre behaviour
1) select the preset Color > Tape
2) change LFO1 Depth to 100%
3) hit undo
4) Spread goes back to the original 59,1% but
5) the preset browser now shows a preset called "K7" which does not exist! :-)

6) have i found the super secret easter egg and won the 1 million prize ? :party:

7) hit either the preset advance or previous button results in a short display freeze or SPOD

this behaviour is only for the very first action and its undo
so if i change for example consecutively 4 parameters
the (erratic) jump to "Default" will be with the 4th undo

system:
mac os mojave, Logic 10.5.1, AU version of Shade v1.1.0
(allready present in earlier versions - didn't have time to report)
Many thanks for the report. We'll check it out.
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

Ploki wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:01 am
l33t4e wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:32 pm You bid for it in the Auction going on right now if you want it for cheaper!
auction ? :ud:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=553315 here ;)

It's at $65 already with several days left of bidding and if I'm not mistaken it's $3 minimum incease, so a minimum of $68. Also I think that most of these are NFR licenses if not stated otherwise, not sure how that usually works with UVI. Just something to consider..

5$

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:02 am Respect
:)

thanks

wishlist:

abstract:
gain staging per filter

most (if not all) of the filters could imho benefit
from a gain stage at their very end (per filter)
for example:
i make a ringing peak resonant which automatically will distort
to avoid distortion i have to gain it down

as of now i can additionally append a special>gain after the resonant filter to tame it down
or use the overall master gain

both imho slightly cumbersome workarounds...

gain staging per filter
I understand this request, especially when you bypass a filter it's great to get the gain compensation inside so it's bypassed too. But the counterpart is that it brings you more complexicity with one additionnal knob for each filter. We'll probably add an output gain stage for the Xpander first, where the drive can clearly make too much gain variations.
If the gain out were always to the front (for example as a slider on the meters), would it solve your pb ?
Thanks,
Louis Couka
http://louiscouka.net/ (under construction)

gondii wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:31 am It's at $65 already with several days left of bidding and if I'm not mistaken it's $3 minimum incease, so a minimum of $68. Also I think that most of these are NFR licenses if not stated otherwise, not sure how that usually works with UVI. Just something to consider..
It's at $70 now. Somebody end up buying it with a 3-5 dollars discount. That's funny :P
Last edited by Dombaeb on Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Louis Couka wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:04 pm If the gain out were always to the front (for example as a slider on the meters), would it solve your pb ?
Thanks,

slider on the meters would imho aleays be great
(think fast and easy access)

that would be the main settings>gain out value ?

but it would not necessarily solve the problem of gain changing within the filter-chain

but i just found something strange in the speciall>gain behaviour, which i have to test...

It just updated to 1.1.1. Nice new update! I like how the Bypass function was implemented. Alt-Click to bypass while still keeping Double Click to delete. Also noticed right clicking gives you a menu that shows these functions to select. This plugin just keeps getting better! :D

I think alt-click and the menu were already available in the prior version.

gondii wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:28 am I think alt-click and the menu were already available in the prior version.
Well, I wasn't aware of that. Haven't use this plugin much yet.

I wonder what the update was for. The changelog has been updated, but only up to version 1.1.0, not the latest one.

l33t4e wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:56 am
gondii wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:28 am I think alt-click and the menu were already available in the prior version.
Well, I wasn't aware of that. Haven't use this plugin much yet.

I wonder what the update was for. The changelog has been updated, but only up to version 1.1.0, not the latest one.
Yep market team will update it on Monday.

Here is the changelog
- Fix GarageBand support
- Added band solo support for Xpander, SKF, and Multi Resonant filters
- Added more robustness while loading presets that could be corrupted
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

first I (checked this plugin from its first version 1.0.0) I wasn't sure about purchasing this plugin (I'm heavily reducing the number of plugins I'm using as I see it improves my creativity) but the fact that the plugins is being improved almost on a daily basis, actively listening to the community (there was a case when I spotted a bug and it was fixed the same day) - made me purchased it.

speaking of which...is key tracking modulation planned ? currently it's what I'd like to see the most being added to shade.

Thanks to the great developers !

Return to “Effects”