Looking For DOD 250 Plugin.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, Looking for a DOD 250 or a YJM380 pedal vst, Cant seem to find one. Theres some good Pedal Vst's but I cant seem to track a 250 down. The only one I can remember is the older Mokafix YJM308, think the dev is gone and no links.

I believe TH-U has a sim of DOD 250, and a good one as far as I can tell. The issue is, it's expensive as hell for just one pedal. ;)

DoDoD is a DOD 250 style overdrive/booster pedal.

Gain and Level controls allow you to control the amount of distortion and body, just like the original. Bringing back the legendary analog Overdrive Preamp, with history and experience behind it. Not reissue version, fully with vintage tone and accurate component models!

Gain – Gain control as original pedal.
Level – Modeled volume control.
Free/Patreon Analog Obsession DoDoD models a DOD 250 vintage not reissue one. Good and important as part of the Malmsteen sound magic. :phones:

Tried The Dodod, There was a strange buzz in it, distortion, wasnt Digging it, But Ill give it another shot. Haha, yeah Im lookin for the good old DOD 250 Yngwie used in the Alcatraz Days. They work great as a boost, Ive never been with the tubescreamer craze people love these days.

I've had success putting an actual DOD 250 in front of my interface for recording. Of course then you're bound to the sound, but if your VST search comes up empty, the real thing is pretty inexpensive (or at least it was when I got mine).

Yeah totally, Might do that if needed, Nice to have both as well, hard and soft.

Amplitube and Helix Native have them.

It's basically an MXR Distortion+ (a hard clipping overdrive that can go into distortion territory)

The free Distorque Dist+ will get ya there, if not, then it has a full panel to completely tweak the frequency/EQ and amount of clipping/type of clipping, and im sure you can dial in more a DOD250 sound if the stock Dist+ arent the same

metalifuxx wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:14 pm It's basically an MXR Distortion+ (a hard clipping overdrive that can go into distortion territory)

The free Distorque Dist+ will get ya there, if not, then it has a full panel to completely tweak the frequency/EQ and amount of clipping/type of clipping, and im sure you can dial in more a DOD250 sound if the stock Dist+ arent the same
This is exactly my suggestion as well. You can get in the ballpark with this plugin. Otherwise, the best I have tried and I've tried pretty much them all is the Overloud DOD followed by the discontinued Mokafix. I am pretty picky with comparing how close the pedal recreations are and after a lot of a/bing over the years found the Overloud distortion pedals and Mokafix to sound closest in tone to the models they are based on. If you are venturing outside of the vst world, you can get an OK model from Digitech pedals but it'd a little "hard" or "digital" sounding versus the smoother Overloud recreations. I really miss the Mokafix stuff.

Return to “Effects”