KNIFONIUM synth released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 pm
How come that cheap?
Secondhand license.
I like the sounds I was getting but when you reopen a saved session, there’s no audio at all. I’m using Studio One 5 Pro on Catalina.
Where did you get it? For $10 it sounds like it's a dodgy crack to me, not a legit version. Did you download it yourself, via the PA installer app, or were you given the files by the person you bought it from?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:19 am
simmo75 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 pm
How come that cheap?
Secondhand license.
I like the sounds I was getting but when you reopen a saved session, there’s no audio at all. I’m using Studio One 5 Pro on Catalina.
Where did you get it? For $10 it sounds like it's a dodgy crack to me, not a legit version. Did you download it yourself, via the PA installer app, or were you given the files by the person you bought it from?
It was a license transfer, I used my voucher to license it.

Just got it and it is beautifully gritty and dirty. It always kinda flew under my radar, but I'm glad I've tried out the demo.

[edit] I've read a few of the first pages of this thread and since I own bx_oberhausen and Thorn I got it for $115 plus German taxes. There might be a sale at some point in time, but I believe this one is worth the price I paid for it :)
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 pm Just got it and it is beautifully gritty and dirty. It always kinda flew under my radar, but I'm glad I've tried out the demo.

[edit] I've read a few of the first pages of this thread and since I own bx_oberhausen and Thorn I got it for $115 plus German taxes. There might be a sale at some point in time, but I believe this one is worth the price I paid for it :)
Hans Zimmer on vi-control said it was a very very good emulation and he has both hardware and the plug.

Very unique and futuristic sounding to me :tu:

I'm sort of keen but I'm not paying more than I need to so I'll wait for it to get into the sub-$100 bracket before I grab it. I am using ARP Odyssey and bx_oberhusen so much, now that I've realised that their CPU hoggery isn't a problem, that Knifonium can only be a great addition to my arsenal.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:43 am I'm sort of keen but I'm not paying more than I need to so I'll wait for it to get into the sub-$100 bracket before I grab it. I am using ARP Odyssey and bx_oberhusen so much, now that I've realised that their CPU hoggery isn't a problem, that Knifonium can only be a great addition to my arsenal.
bx_oberhausen is really a gem. So easy to program and get the right sound out of. It can be a real CPU hog (so is Knifonium). How did you tame the CPU hoggery? :)
void main(dumb)

[double]
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:10 pmbx_oberhausen is really a gem. So easy to program and get the right sound out of. It can be a real CPU hog (so is Knifonium). How did you tame the CPU hoggery? :)
I bought a new laptop with more processing power. When I bought ARP Odyssey, I was on a 7th Gen Core i5 but now I have a 9th gen Core i7, with 6 cores, as well as proper graphics. I can use a couple of oberhausens and an Odyssey in a song and not see the CPU meter get anywhere near 50% in Studio One. What I've discovered with oberhausen is that you can reduce the Unison in a lot of patches without losing the intensity of the sound so I tend to play around with patches a bit to try and optimise things a little, if I can.

Ooh nice I want the ARP Odyssey and the Triton as well!

The ARP Odyssey has turned out better than I had expected. It's got such a great tone to it, something almost indefinable in it's sound that just works for me. Oberhausen is a bit the same, except I know what it is - the filter. It's so much more versatile than anything else I can think of, short of something like DUNE with a selection of filters to choose from. I had a microX for a while so I know how good the Triton sound is, it's just not something I feel like I need.

I feel ya, I don't need the Triton either... but i'm a dirty little birdy who wants it :p

When I first heard the Oberhausen filter on the pluginguru youtube page I was like :o

Amazing synth... And soon the ARP will be mine :love:

sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 pm
[edit] I've read a few of the first pages of this thread and since I own bx_oberhausen and Thorn I got it for $115 plus German taxes.
Strange, I only own Thorn and would get it for 99 USD (táx exc.). I've just searched for something to send that voucher on

ReleaseCandidate wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 am
sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 pm[edit] I've read a few of the first pages of this thread and since I own bx_oberhausen and Thorn I got it for $115 plus German taxes.
Strange, I only own Thorn and would get it for 99 USD (táx exc.). I've just searched for something to send that voucher on
I believe it's an "either or both" thing. My price also was 99$. At checkout the German VAT is added. It added up to something about 102€. And it's fine. :)
There is a Halloween Sale at Plugin Alliance and they are selling ANY plugin for $30.
There are a few exceptions and Knifonium is one of them... Shows that Knifonium is one of the plugins they will not just "give away" at that price. It's all good :party:
void main(dumb)

BONES wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:01 amWhat I've discovered with oberhausen is that you can reduce the Unison in a lot of patches without losing the intensity of the sound so I tend to play around with patches a bit to try and optimise things a little, if I can.
If you put headphones on and listen REALLY closely you can hear the sound getting "smoother", "richer" the more more Unison voices you add, but in the mix it isn't really worth the CPU impact. Finding the sweet spot is indeed the way to go.
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:01 pm
ReleaseCandidate wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 am
sQeetz wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:38 pm[edit] I've read a few of the first pages of this thread and since I own bx_oberhausen and Thorn I got it for $115 plus German taxes.
I believe it's an "either or both" thing. My price also was 99$. At checkout the German VAT is added. It added up to something about 102€. And it's fine. :)
There is a Halloween Sale at Plugin Alliance and they are selling ANY plugin for $30.
There are a few exceptions and Knifonium is one of them... Shows that Knifonium is one of the plugins they will not just "give away" at that price. It's all good :party:
I suspect it's only a matter of time, it's just because it's too new right now.

Return to “Instruments”