Do you know any Sustain Loop editor for one-note samples, for Mac?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Endless WAV

I am looking for a substitute of the old (and dismissed) Loop Editor:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/loop-e ... o-software

I am not interested in "slicing", nor in classifying rhythmical loops: what I am looking for can be seen in the lower part of the window at the link I have written hereabove: a utility that helps to find (and write, while saving) good Start and End points of a loop in a one-note audio sample (for example, a clarinet single note) in order to be able to sustain it indefinitely on a sampler. I would like it to show the waveform end and start points in order to check if they glue smoothly to each other, as shown on the link.

I need it for Mac (app or plug-in). Do you know of any, please?

I can actually do this in Logic, but it does not have that kind of display of the point where the waveform folds onto itself and it does not have any automatic search of good loop points (as far as I know).

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't. I tried it once for a while (trial version) and this is why I know it.
I'm now using Logic for this, but it's neither comfortable nor handy.
Many years ago, I used to do this with the old Turbosynth on a very old Mac in a studio.

What do people use now for doing this? Is it possible that everybody is using only ready-made samples prepared by someone else? Isn't anybody preparing his own samples and coping with the task of setting sustain loops?

Mainstage?
With wine: loopauditioner, endless wav

zyguli wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:42 pmWith wine: ... endless wav
+1 :tu:

Björn Bojahr Endless WAV with Wine on Mac is in my experience the best sustain loop creator.

Thank you very much! Mainstage is over-dimensioned for just this task only. Endless Wav works! Very nice utility. I need to use Wine, but it works. It's a pity that there are no native Mac programs like that, at present. Why have all of them disappeared in the last years? Anyway, thank you very much!

DSPQuattro, a quite excellent Mac audio editor, does this in its floating Loop Window. See the user guide pgs. 49-53:
https://www.dsp-quattro.com/FreeDownloa ... Manual.pdf
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Now, that's very interesting! I had used DSP-Quattro in a very old version on Mac Classic, ages ago, and it was already good. I read the user guide pages you suggest, now, and it's exactly what I need. Some extra functions, like the repair tool and time stretching, seem very interesting, too, if the quality is good (I wonder how its time stretching manages the transients). I'll consider it seriously. Thank you very much.

Good. Stefano upgraded DSP-Quattro quite a lot in v5!
BTW, the mac-only AudioFinder has other loop and sample functions that nicely complement DSPQuattro's.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I tried the loop tool in DSP-Quattro Demo and it's very good. The stretching is good, but it seems to ignore transient preservation (OK, I have other tools for that). I will really consider it and try AudioFinder, too. Thank you!

XComposer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:38 pmI had used DSP-Quattro in a very old version on Mac Classic, ages ago, and it was already good.
Do you mean D-SoundPRO by Stefano Daino, same developer? I've used it extensively 20 years ago.

Just for fun I was able to resurrect the app and let it run in Sheep Shaver (Mac Classic Emu) on macOS Mojave here as we speak.

No, in my case it was really called DSP-Quattro, one of its first versions, but I remember also D-SoundPRO. I know Sheep Shaver, it's fun! It makes me remember my beginnings as a Mac user. And, regrettably, there are still some programs from that time of which the updated modern version has never been made yet.

XComposer wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:56 pm Thank you very much! Mainstage is over-dimensioned for just this task only. Endless Wav works! Very nice utility. I need to use Wine, but it works. It's a pity that there are no native Mac programs like that, at present. Why have all of them disappeared in the last years? Anyway, thank you very much!
Endless WAV is now available for OS X and macOS. :)

Thank you very much! Very well! I tried it, it works! I have a question: is it possible to change the language of the app from German to English, please? It's only partially in English and it's not easy for me.

XComposer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:46 pm Thank you very much! Very well! I tried it, it works! I have a question: is it possible to change the language of the app from German to English, please? It's only partially in English and it's not easy for me.
Please try the new version 1.8.10. If there are again words in German, could you please send me some details / screenshot by email? I will try to fix that. Thanks a lot for your help!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”