All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

anyone have a recco on their fave looper-pedal under $200 ?

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 pm anyone have a recco on their fave looper-pedal under $200 ?

peace
the original canyon delay from ehx.
best looper ive used, has a decay function too, so you can fade out the loops, go full fripp!

not to mention some good, nice delay and reverb algorithms!

Mister Natural wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:29 pm anyone have a recco on their fave looper-pedal under $200 ?

peace
I have no experience with it (yet) but I've been eyeing the EHX 720. Stereo with half-speed and reverse functions.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... oper-pedal
Image Image Image Image

Ditto Jam listens to your drummer and keeps your loops in time. Ditto+ allows you to create loops of different lengths. RC-5 has drums and huge memory. If you want to get the most for your money, you can find a used Boss ME-70 for cheap and that has a looper built-in.

peace
There are kinds of loopers, you'll have to decide which one you want.
Ranges from a handy notepad to save newfound riffs (I love my tc electronic Wiretap for that purpose), over conventional workhorses (Digitech, Boss, EHX, line6...) to creative/glitchy madness.

E.g. I own a Boss RC505.
- the switches aren't foot switches, this looper wasn't aimed at guitar players
- it has 5 separate channels - but they can only run in sync, each channel has to be the same length and is triggered from start to end. Being quite fond of polymetric mayhem, this is quite the downside to me, but may not be of consequence to you.

Pedals and politics don't mix.Old news
Musicians and retailers boycott Fulltone guitar pedals.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/musician ... ng-2687362
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

For a bit of context, Fulltone and JRR are both close by Long Beach where a lot of the looting was happening at the time. JRR's guitar tech lives in Long Beach, he watched looters crash a van into the Fed Ex depot across the street from him and steal everything inside. You can find many videos of the African-American population of Long Beach chasing away Antifa. Many African-American businesses have been looted and burned. African-Americans have been killed by rioters.
Last edited by Uncle E on Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:29 pm For a bit of context, Fulltone and JRR are both close by Long Beach where a lot of the looting was happening at the time. JRR's guitar tech lives in Long Beach, he watched looters crash a van into the Fed Ex depot across the street from him and steal everything inside. You can find many videos of the African-American population of Long Beach chasing away Antifa. Many African-American businesses have been looted and burned. African-Americans have been killed by rioters.
I appreciate your brave clarification, but am disappointed by your using the term "antifa" as if it's some kind of militia or whatever (sorry if I misunderstood).
Eversince WWII, people have fought the re-emerging fascist threat; some used the name "antifa" - anyone can.
"Antifa" has become one of those propaganda words, used by extremists who don't subscribe to our values of old.

As to Fuller, I keep an open mind. And I like my Soul Bender and Mas Malo mucho ;)

Given that I'm not a Fulltone dealer, I'm only willing to stick my neck out so far for the guillotine. I'll just say that the looters were referred to as "Antifa" in those videos.

not the place sorry :oops:

Yup, me, too. :)

Ah man, too much info here :(
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Bassists are crazy.

https://www.broughtonaudio.com/

Great boutique pedal maker Broughton Audio, when he releases each new batch of his best-sellers they generally sell out in under 5 mins and of course as a result their resale value on Reverb is higher than list price.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:49 pm Bassists are crazy.
:true: :D

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:48 pm
revvy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:49 pm Bassists are crazy.
:true: :D
:)

Return to “Guitars”