TDR version of the Molot compressor is out - Molotok (free) and Molot GE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

C64 version please :party:
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

FapFilter wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:34 pm C64 version please :party:
You need a modern CPU. 8 bits won't do.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

VladG just posted this on Gearslutz, thought it would be helpful here too:
To get the sound of original Molot set RELAXED ON, alpha/sigma knob to 0% or 100%, FEEDBACK OFF, Dual-stage is OFF.

Sidechain filter is the same, knee shape (in feedforward mode when RELAXED is ON) is the same.

The saturation is different, so you can match the sound of original version with saturation turned off.

"Live" mode of new Molot uses gain reduction signal minimum phase oversampling (depending on sample rate used), which introduce a bit delayed compressor action making attacks more "clicky". Use Eco or Precise mode instead.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... tcount=191

Juat played with Molotok, and it's absolutely awesome. Love the UI, perfect set of controls and ranges, mojo for days. First compressor to join MJUC in my dynamics folder.

I have all the other GE plugins, so I'll probably just the Molot GE just to show support to the makers of my most important mixing tools, but this Molotok is a damn fine freebie. :tu:

best free compressor!

heavymetalmixer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:32 pm
sleepcircle wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm similarly with imrae, i found the double attack let me compress an unevenly played piano more smoothly by having a quick small initial attack to contain any too-loud transients, and then a much much much slowwwer attack to stabilize the overall volume without as many dips or jerks
What do you mean with "double attack"?
I mean the, you know … the thing! The dual attack speeds, with the threshold for going from the fast attack to the slow attack. You turn it on with the 'dual stage' button at the bottom.

the dual stage attack is fcking awesome
its a auto release mode , where you can tweak this behavoir
and on top you can shape the attack curve entirly with the aatck mix knob

try it is is really good

Dan Worrall were are you? :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

sleepcircle wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:19 pm
heavymetalmixer wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:32 pm
sleepcircle wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:31 pm similarly with imrae, i found the double attack let me compress an unevenly played piano more smoothly by having a quick small initial attack to contain any too-loud transients, and then a much much much slowwwer attack to stabilize the overall volume without as many dips or jerks
What do you mean with "double attack"?
I mean the, you know … the thing! The dual attack speeds, with the threshold for going from the fast attack to the slow attack. You turn it on with the 'dual stage' button at the bottom.
You mean the BETA mode? 'Cause that sounds like what happens with Kotelnikov when you use both the Peak and RMS compressor inside of it. Given that Kot was made as a mastering compressor, implementing the same principle sounds like a good idea for mixbus compression (and to reduce overcompression weird glitches).

imrae wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:08 pm
Igro wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:23 pm But how useful are double threshold and double attack/release? Could you give a short description?
This is needed to get opto-style program-dependent release. The "opto" preset uses this heavily, with a 3-second secondary release stage! Especially useful for vocals or bass guitar, where transients can be quite large and you want to control them a bit without pumping the tail.
Can this be done in the free edition or is this function only available to the gentlemen's who pay?

I don't remember original Molot but I feel that new version is much better. Molot was nice but I didnt kept it. This one is very nice sweetening character compressor. I didn't expected huge changes tbh. Even ugly GUI is not a problem with such good sound :D

heavymetalmixer wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:45 pm You mean the BETA mode? 'Cause that sounds like what happens with Kotelnikov when you use both the Peak and RMS compressor inside of it. Given that Kot was made as a mastering compressor, implementing the same principle sounds like a good idea for mixbus compression (and to reduce overcompression weird glitches).
ah--no, that's not quite what i meant. kotelnikov has a dual stage release, but only a single-stage attack. molot ge allows for a dual-stage attack as well.

v1o wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm
By that, do you want to imply that i actually bought the wrong system for modern music production? :-o

FapFilter wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:06 pm
v1o wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:09 pm
By that, do you want to imply that i actually bought the wrong system for modern music production? :-o
You need at least an Amiga or Atari ST :party:

Damn, and i was sure i was done buying new stuff.
When will this ever end? ✌🏻

Return to “Effects”