Lets see some studio pics

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:09 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:40 pm Nice :tu:
hows your new toy getting along? :party:
It's awesome ... :D

it does look it from the vids :tu:

Here's a quick demo using a single short note from the Abyss. The rest is the Reminder ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehauw7rcnbvk6 ... r.mp3?dl=0

nice!!!!
i know there was a little worry regards the delivery time, but man, well worth the wait 8)

ImageImage

^^ dude u r the master gear squirrel... :clap:

A title I earned because of my propensity for storing patch cables in my cheeks. :hihi:

justin3am wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:49 am A title I earned because of my propensity for storing patch cables in my cheeks. :hihi:
i-cant-unsee-5940ae.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

justin3am wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:49 am A title I earned because of my propensity for storing patch cables in my cheeks. :hihi:

poor brit if you accidentally swallow one!
be like when stupid cats eat tinsel and it hangs out after a shit :o

Holy shit I love that setup. Great choice of gear!

Blimey. How much use are you getting from the Sound Skulptor and Hairball stuff?

And what's up with the microphone pointing at (presumably speaker-grill) holes in a custom faceplate in the Serge-ish eurorack case?

The Sound Skulptor pres are my go-to for vocals and for mic-ing speaker cabinets. The Lola's I use for tracking acoustic stuff and for DI. I recorded a solo piano concert, using a pair of C414s through the Lolas, last year. Sounded fantastic. Very natural. I also frequently use those pres with drum machines and synths. The inputs on the Focusrite interfaces have a ton of headroom, so it's nice to boost the output of stuff that runs at +4/-10dB, using a beefy preamp with transformers, without clipping.

Surprisingly, close mic-ing the speakers on my DIY Buchlerge sounds fantastic. There are weird resonances inside the enclosure and the front panels of the modules all rattle at certain frequencies if I don't use washers. But that is part of the charm. I've also been using a ribbon mic (the one on the combo amp) on the Karp 2600's speakers and it's insane how much bass it picks up. I've always loved running synths through loud amps but I'm really surprised at how good it sounds to mic up a small speaker. I'm thinking about re-amping other stuff through those speakers, now.

It's a very inspiring place to work.
vurt wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:44 pm poor brit if you accidentally swallow one!
be like when stupid cats eat tinsel and it hangs out after a shit :o
Yeah, poor Brit... I'm sure glad that's never happened. :scared:

justin3am wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:02 pm The Sound Skulptor pres are my go-to for vocals and for mic-ing speaker cabinets.
That's quite the endorsement when you also have the 1073OPX sat there! My 500-series ambitions continue to gestate...

The 1073OPX is a new addition. Should be great for drum tracking. The Neve pres sound similar to the MP573s but the output trim make the 573s a little more flexible and the EQs add a lot of character. The Neve pres sound very different when overdriven, most likely because of the lack out output transformers. They have more high end detail/clarity.

Incredible synth cave! How do you even have time to visit all that gear :D
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”