Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

Brian.McClelland wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:15 pm Yes! I understand that load time has been a concern for some. That's also why I'm here, to find issues that we need to work on, and compile that feedback. I know that there have been faster load times with the most recent roll outs of the 303 & 606 plugins, so we should see some improvement in that department with upcoming releases.
That's great! 303 and 606 have been literally those few that I wasn't so interested in. I've just installed them though just to see what the difference is. To be honest, I appreciate the effort, but the result is a little odd. It's like the first time I open 303 or 606, it is actually a noticeable better. But then directly after deleting the instance and loading it right up again a second time, it's slow again.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:22 pm If you're taking feedback then I'd like to ask why Zenology (Pro included) doesn't have any built in arpeggio or sequencing functionality and consequently neither do the thousands and thousands of presets we have in the library. Also the strange decision with the effects engine to limit it to one effect (or two constrained effects), but with nearly a complete lack of reverb. I would have thought at the very least we'd see something like options for a RE-201 Space Echo and an SRV-3030 Reverb.

I have loads of those sorts of plugins to be able to add them in my DAW, but it just seems strange how limited the effect chain you can save with the presets is.

Hey, WatchTheGuitar! Yes, this is definitely something I can talk with the dev team about. I'm adding the arpeggiator and more FX to the request list. The reverb has been mentioned before and has been previously noted for requests.

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 pm Yes! This is what I mean. This method works to prevent unwanted authorization issues. Open it once a week when connected, and it makes sure everything is authorized, and then it won't surprise you when mid-session. It's a little thing that helps run everything just a bit smoother.
I´ve got a few hundred plugins by some 30+ companies installed. Now imagine if each of them told me to "just open our authorization tool once a week and you´re good to go" and/or I´d have 30+ background services running just for different authorization schemes.

I understand that you´re not coming here with the mandate to change the authorization method just because there´s a bunch of unhappy users, and you´re trying to help within the fixed technical frame, but I am not convinced, and I hope Roland HQ consider once more whether they´re striking the right balance between troubling legit users and keeping pirates in check.

Hi, epiphaneia! I totally understand the concerns you've outlined here. We are actively working on making the auth process more invisible and longer lasting at present.

epiphaneia wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:38 pm
Brian.McClelland wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:07 pm Hi, Zookes! I'm just offering these methods to help the community get the best results. If this doesn't work or you are experiencing other issues, we at the tech support team are always available.
Here´s one, just for fun: When I tried it, I kept the RCM running in the background and, as is my good habit, kept my studio mac offline. When I opened the wifi connection for the usual weekly update checks, RCM did not detect I was back online nor could I open RCM at all anymore. I had to force-close it and open it again. That wouldn´t be a pleasant weekly routine.
For this situation, I would recommend starting with your connection, then opening the Roland Cloud Manager to check for updates. Once completed, I would recommend closing the RCM and disconnecting. If you are having to force quit, or RCM is not responding, please contact us through the support link, at http://www.rolandcloud.com/support and we can find a solution for you.

Brian.McClelland wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:40 pm Hey, WatchTheGuitar! Yes, this is definitely something I can talk with the dev team about. I'm adding the arpeggiator and more FX to the request list. The reverb has been mentioned before and has been previously noted for requests.
:tu: And as imitation is the sincerest form of flattery please ask them to look at the Step Arp that UVI just added to Falcon, it’s really nice to use and powerful

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Brian.McClelland wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:50 pm One thing that we recommend to anyone using Roland Cloud is to connect to the net, and open the Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days.
:o

This is the reason that I will never subscribe or buy a license. (Roland Customer since 1997).

Noob
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just noticed an account update on the Roland Cloud app saying that they're moving payments systems from XSolla to FastSpring for Cloud so maybe that'll be good news for people having issues trying to sign up.

Are you safe?

open the Roland Cloud Manager once every seven days.
I'm cracking up. is this even a thing in 2020? what gives? OK, Roland, here's how this goes down. I open your manager once a week, you clean my room once a week, deal?

I don't understand why opening an app once a week for a minute is such a hardship, but yeah let's have a thread where half the posts are bitching about the same crap, that never gets old.

Are you safe?

it's not hard. it's stupid. but feel free to comply. next thing they'll tell you you need to open it every day. you'll comply to that too, because that's who you are, that's your choice. nothing to do with me or people who don't want any part of it.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:56 pm I don't understand why opening an app once a week for a minute is such a hardship...
Because given Roland's history, eventually the manager will be abandoned and your licenses will fail to authorize because of it.
(Speaking from experience for both hardware and software.)

It really needs to be "bitched about". Even if they insist on being deaf about it, until the noise comes from everybody that we've all had enough of these schemes. Lifetime should mean lifetime of that plugin and NOT the lifetime of that marketing campaign.

Rad Dead wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:03 pm because that's who you are
Bore off

Are you safe?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:56 pm I don't understand why opening an app once a week for a minute is such a hardship, but yeah let's have a thread where half the posts are bitching about the same crap, that never gets old.
It's not once every 7 days for me. If the app in not open, if I am not logged in, the VSTis will not load in Ableton Live for me.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:05 pm
WatchTheGuitar wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:56 pm I don't understand why opening an app once a week for a minute is such a hardship, but yeah let's have a thread where half the posts are bitching about the same crap, that never gets old.
It's not once every 7 days for me. If the app in not open, the VSTis will not load in Ableton Live for me.
That sounds like a bug. What platform you on? If Windows have you done anything to stop the Roland Cloud service running?

Are you safe?

I done nothing. You can't prove a thing. Windows 10.

Aloysius wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:09 pm I done nothing. You can't prove a thing. Windows 10.
Paranoid much, I was just asking a question.

ION I was playing around with some of the SRX Romplers today and I haven't really before as they're not really my thing, but man the SRX Dance unit is fun as hell. Cheesy as shit too, but patches like PR-A 010 Hop Chop SRX put a smile on my face.

Are you safe?

Return to “Instruments”