One Synth Challenge #140: Pendulate (exponent1 wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pendulate

FrogsInPants wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:16 am
tonedef71 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:57 am Yep, and since you now have more than the requisite number of 40 KVR forum posts (as of this post, you have 44 KVR forum posts), you can now exercise your entitlement to vote in the monthly One Synth Challenge competitions. Please let us know how you feel about this month's submissions via your votes. Feel free to leave constructive comments on each track as well! :phones:
I believe you technically are supposed to have 40 posts at the start of the competition, to vote without an entry.
It had been some time since I last read the official KVR OSC rules, and it appears that you are correct:

I guess Wes will just have to sit out the vote this time around. However, I think we should make an exception and allow him to vote this month, as he seems to have some strong opinions with regard to this particular synth.

He still has time to submit an entry for this month's OSC, but he said he would not bother.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Track about a lovely little kitten that sadly passed away :(

https://soundcloud.com/eauson/eauson-th ... an-kvr-osc

Daw Reaper
21 instances

Dc filter, slew2, Konsol, buttercomp2, baxandall, OSS, OTT, Spiral, loudmax, Youlean, Multianalyzer, Correlometer, ReaEq, block party, rare, pocketverbs, srsly, Lala, minus delay, capacitor 2, distance, MV, drive, tal reverblll, arx, midi transpose notes, dimension plus, border, block fish, transpire, tal reverbll, compresaturator, engineers filter
Last edited by Eauson on Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:36 pm I replaced it with abc.wav, then try download it and its titled abc.wav
Aha! I stand corrected ... they must have changed it over the 5 years or so I have been doing the OSC!

I can now make sure my filenames match up with the Song Title!!!!

Thanks for checking this out ... very useful bit of info ... now back to making my percussion for my prog rock OSC track!

dB

doctorbob wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 am
Thanks for checking this out ... very useful bit of info ... now back to making my percussion for my prog rock OSC track!

dB
Np. Good luck Doc! have fun!

Right so, here's my attempt, the excitingly titled Pendulosc: 18 pendulums swing into phase for a few minutes and then out again.

https://soundcloud.com/taptapdoubletap/ ... -pendulate

DAW: Tracktion Waveform Pro 11

Pendulate x18
#Tequaliser x4
#Tlimiter x4
OTT x4
Frontier x 7
Supermassive x10
Focusrite Balancer x1
Youlean x 1

Hi all, here's this month's missive from me. Loosely in the Prog Rock genre with the "guitarist" taking centre stage for the whole track with the keyboardist filling in sort of adlib jazz style stabs. Odd chords and dissonances here and there. Bassist trying to drive the track and the poor old drummer doing his best to keep up!!!!

Enjoy

Track Details:
22 * Pendulate
21 * ReaEQ
2 * Bass Professor Mark 2
2 * LFX-1310
2 * JS MIDI Note Filter
3 * PizMidiPolyphony
3 * Oril River
2 * Pecheneg Tremolo
9 * OTT

Master:
TDR VOS SlickEQ
Ferric TDS
Voxengo MSED
LoudMax 64-bit

Metering:
SPAN
YouLean Loudness Meter 2 (free)

Stats:
LUFS: -13.7
DR: 10

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/doctor ... -pendulate

@Eauson, sorry about the kitty. Cat lover here ... used to breed and show Red Colourpoint Persians (aka Himalyans elsewhere).

Nice track btw - everyone is getting some great sounds from the pendulum!

dB

In the spirit of put up or shut up, here's my track.
9 instances of Pendulate in Logic. Used a Logic limiter, and that's all
You drummers can go ahead and complain about the lack of drums.
I apologize about any antagonism I raised in the last few days.
https://soundcloud.com/user-537459617/pendatune

doctorbob wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:26 pm @Eauson, sorry about the kitty. Cat lover here ... used to breed and show Red Colourpoint Persians (aka Himalyans elsewhere).

Nice track btw - everyone is getting some great sounds from the pendulum!

dB
@dB
That’s a beautiful looking cat, after being adopted by some wildcats, Pan, the kitten that passed was third generation, we still have his bro and sis, the original cats stop by now and then, especially when it’s cold & wet/snowing :)
Or when they drop off something (moles recently!?) or a bit hungry, like always :D

Onto the synth, it’s very interesting, the random button is a good feature, tweaking patches from that is fun, as it can throw up some patches that I may not have tried in the time I was playing around.
I was thinking about making an ambient piece,then, I just tried to remember Pan’s character and make something.
I don’t know how long the demo is for the full blown synth, it would be nice to get a good 30 day trial for another OsC ;)
For those tldr
Thanks dB
Cool synth :tu:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Wes Kilbride wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm
I apologize about any antagonism I raised in the last few days.
Apology accepted. Good luck!

Thanks @Eauson, she's one of my redpoints from about 30 something years ago. Huge cat as well, about 17 pounds! Lost my last kitty, a grand champion tortoiseshell, last summer. Oldest was nearly 22!

I agree that the random button once it was fixed did produce many interesting sounds. In the end though, I started from init to sculpt the sounds I felt I needed to realise the sounds I had in my head, without too much external tweaking bar some EQ and some OTT compression. Pecheneg tremolo was used once for panning duties and once for tremolo effect on the lower volume keys stabs (note: tremolo, NOT vibrato!).

dB

Wes Kilbride wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:00 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:57 am
Wes Kilbride wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:47 pm
exponent1 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:41 pmNow I'm really curious to hear you make some unforgettable melodies and unique sounds using the unique capabilities that this synth is capable of. Looking forward to your submission!
Why bother?
He still has time to submit an entry for this month's OSC, but he said he would not bother.
In the spirit of put up or shut up, here's my track.
I am glad that you bothered. 8)

Wes Kilbride wrote:I apologize about any antagonism I raised in the last few days.
No worries. Again, I am glad that you came around and submitted an entry for the contest. :hug:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

My submission for OSC #140
https://soundcloud.com/ondes-memorielle ... -pendulate
6 Instances of Pendulate synthesizer
1 * Reverb

I modified my recent generative Grid patch to output Midi. Worked beautifully, I made several midi outputs and the rest was mixing...

Hi all,
I've just joined KVR forums and have been looking at the OSC challenges and decided to download pendulate a few days ago and give this challenge a go.

I've never tried one of these before but I absolutely love this synth so far and from hearing everyone's submissions I love the diversity of everyone's take on it.

I've been getting some disgusting growly acid bass sounds sequenced and modulated no need for any other effects maybe a bit of eq and reverb here and there

The drum sounds were tricky I've had to layer and eq and gate several Instances to get close to the drum sounds im familiar with using but I've thoroughly enjoyed it and getting some crazy distorted sounds I normally wouldn't have thought to use.

I'll try and get something finished tomorrow but I realise the end of the month is near and I've started late, is the last date for submitting an entry the 31st?

MilksterX wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:50 amis the last date for submitting an entry the 31st?
Yep! End of the month. It's supposed to be KVR time, but that's sometimes hard to figure out -- you should easily be fine at least until midnight last day of the month, pacific time.
Wes Kilbride wrote:I apologize about any antagonism I raised in the last few days.
That's the spirit! ... so, welcome! :hug:

Return to “Instruments”