Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

so it's just a hot minute update to simply counter Guitar Rig 6? that would suck terribly if that's true.

lets hope not. 5 years since AT4. they probably have more aces up their sleeve.

SLiC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:29 pm I predict they just add all the fx they already sell (a la racks) and make the GUI scalable...same as NI did with GR6!
I predict you have only scratched the surface.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

i think the user "the-rippa" know things about it
pm him

ians wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:09 pm
tappert wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:04 pm Ok Amplitube 5 but Mars? I don't get it
What did we expect? It's IK. More hyperbole nonsense to come.

"It's out of this world!"
"Guitar sounds from another planet!"
So they should be like "it's aight," instead?

SLiC wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:29 pm I predict they just add all the fx they already sell (a la racks) and make the GUI scalable...same as NI did with GR6!
Yeah, maybe. But I am really hoping they open up a can of whoop ass and bitch slap NI and NeuralDSP back into the hole. Update that DSP engine!!

Also, @Peter.. offer a upgrade into price for AT 4 owners. Just like you did for Mixbox.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

IKM definitely have their "jump the shark" moments, but who cares. No one falls for these marketing gimmicks, anyway. there's also a demo available to find out whether it's ultra or hyper or... your granny's dirty diaper.

it's rather hilarious seeing marketing team come up with new shenanigans. I vouch for "intergalactic sound" this time.

I can hear IK voiceover now: "from hyper-realistic to intergalactic, Amplitube 5 changes the very fabric of sound, shifting your perception of what guitar sound can be".

all this while George Miller shot "Mad Max on Mars" action scenes with the Red Desert bikers and wild freaks with guitars jazz up your screen for a while.

I know they won't, but I'd like to see them start fresh. New set of models, ditch the really old ones, ground up reworking of amps, cabs, and FX, resizable. Don't cripple the free version. Just use it to sell it more models. New Custom Shop for AT5 amps...keep AT4 around as a separate .dll with it's own Custom Shop.

I just get annoyed that the DS-1 model is basically the same one from AT2 or whatever, and that's true for a lot of amps and FX. I think they bring down the quality of the overall package by not being as good as what IK can do now. It's going to be a new.dll anyway, so start fresh with this stuff. Give us a brand new Twin or [preferably] Princeton or Deluxe Reverb, Bassman, Marshall Plexi, AC30, Mesa Double Rectifier, something hi-gain like an Engl, and call it a starting point. Then add FX (new DS-1, Rat, Big Muff, Arbiter Fuzz, Boss BBD chorus, DM-2 or Memory Man, MXR Phase 90, etc.), good dynamic cab sims, with kick ass mic models, and done. Out with the old...in with the new.

Maybe carry over some of the more recent expansions but call them "Remastered for AT5" with the same base-modeling but with improved cabs.

Not a bad theory! Although having just released their other effects rack product, I think they would want to keep some separation between them, especially if they make this have a stereo input option (which I really hope). I'm sure there will be some more amps, but possibly a bunch more effects too based on their existing plugins? I'm expecting the GUI to be using the same framework as MODO, which is a pretty excellent GUI and layout and I especially appreciate the touch screen friendliness.

Ray Leece wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:34 pm so it's just a hot minute update to simply counter Guitar Rig 6? that would suck terribly if that's true.

lets hope not. 5 years since AT4. they probably have more aces up their sleeve.
Highly unlikely. These updates take years. Just coincidence about the timing with Guitar Rig 6.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:09 am
Not a bad theory! Although having just released their other effects rack product, I think they would want to keep some separation between them, especially if they make this have a stereo input option (which I really hope). I'm sure there will be some more amps, but possibly a bunch more effects too based on their existing plugins? I'm expecting the GUI to be using the same framework as MODO, which is a pretty excellent GUI and layout and I especially appreciate the touch screen friendliness.
If nothing else, I think they will add the convolution room effect from mixbus. Maybe the envelope flanger and multi-chorus as well. I am not sure which amps they will add.

I want to see two new JMPs: one Master Volume with mustard caps, and one non-MV 4-holer.

telecode wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:22 pm Also, @Peter.. offer a upgrade into price for AT 4 owners. Just like you did for Mixbox.
Yeah, but you know that in 6 months there will be an even better sale.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Isn't the usual IK deal to just offer a crossgrade for anyone who owns any IK product of over $99? Then wait a few months, and boom, huge sale! Deeper discount!

If you plan on leaving your guitar in the case for 6 months, then you might as well wait. But if you don't, having it now vs. later is worth something.

mumpcake wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:02 am
telecode wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:22 pm Also, @Peter.. offer a upgrade into price for AT 4 owners. Just like you did for Mixbox.
Yeah, but you know that in 6 months there will be an even better sale.
true. either way. eagerly awaiting to try the demo.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Effects”