Depeche Mode Tribute Remake asking for advice

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Ben Kvrists and everyone here, which freeware samplers are really good at auto mapping, sampling, pitchshifting samples with minimum artifacts and time stretching single samples... something like the Akais of old or Emulators... I am looking at doing some Depeche Mode covers... I am also looking for for drumsamples that depeche mode could have used.. especially in question of time the extended 12" version. Which other software vsts synths and effects free and commercial should I look at using?

Thank You very much for your advice

No good free Samplers I´d invest Time in around - but the Emax II Libs you can find here (legal!) will maybe help you: http://forum.vintagesynth.com/viewtopic ... 8&p=815775

surreal wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:40 am Thank You very much for your advice
No Advice yet, but the offer to come back to me - especially cocerning 80s Pads and VOX Sounds. Maybe we have shared Interests?

Hi my Friend, I pmed and the offer still stands.. just waiting for when you are ready with your project!

The TAL-Sampler emulates some of the chips of both Akai and EMu samplers and is pretty cheap. I'd give their demo a go and see if it fits your needs

Thank you very much!

you can DL some of Alan Wilders emu samples, not sure of the legality, and obviously you can't use them on commercial releases, but for live tribute acts it's prob OK.

There are also ppl selling DM preset packs for various synth...

Thanks Dave!

I did actually dl some files, the drum sounds are good, worth having if you want the exact sounds

AnX wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm I did actually dl some files, the drum sounds are good, worth having if you want the exact sounds
Dave can you point me the right direction then, you are welcome to pm me if you mind?

surreal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:17 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:49 pm I did actually dl some files, the drum sounds are good, worth having if you want the exact sounds
Dave can you point me the right direction then, you are welcome to pm me if you mind?

sorry for the late reply, gimme a bump at the weekend if you haven't heard anything (I'll zip the stuff up again to save you going thru the entire Web)

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:29 am
surreal wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:17 pm

sorry for the late reply, gimme a bump at the weekend if you haven't heard anything (I'll zip the stuff up again to save you going thru the entire Web)
Hi Dave.. this your Friendly Bump Mate!!

yeah, I'm at work :hihi:

tonight :wink:

AnX wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:50 pm yeah, I'm at work :hihi:

tonight :wink:
Sorry Dave, thank you very much for your help Mate!

PM sent

Return to “Production Techniques”