Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Has anyone here tried the Audio Assault stuff?
I had GR4, but when I moved to Linux I said goodbye.
I'm feeling pretty good now though that I've got some AA amps. They sound really good to me. The latest thing they created is called ReAmp Studio and it's somewhat comparable to Amplitube and GR.
Any opinions?

Nope. Try starting your own thread.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

lunardigs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:00 am Has anyone here tried the Audio Assault stuff?
I'm feeling pretty good now though that I've got some AA amps. They sound really good to me. The latest thing they created is called ReAmp Studio and it's somewhat comparable to Amplitube and GR.
Any opinions?
I've tried a couple over time, and well for me no, just no, I don't bother with them anymore. I like to try/buy everything I come across and keep the wheat and toss the chaff, all my opinion of course.

Linux, that's the problem (well 1 of many) with Linux, most of the time it is Linux that dictates to you what you can and can't use. Come from Windows where you can practically use whatever plugins, software, hardware you want, then go to Linux and it's, ah sorry, that wont run under Linux, or it's got to run under some other secondary program, thus loosing performance, and generally not running properly, with various features of the plug not available etc, or you get thrown a few scraps of seriously inferior replacements.

I've been there done that, I understand the lure of things like Linux, the feeling of being a part of something, sticking it to the man etc, but the fact is you are just making things harder for yourself, limiting yourself. Linux is never going to get there, never going to get anywhere.

The cake is a lie!!!
Say NO to CLAP!

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:07 am Nope. Try starting your own thread.
Good idea :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

it's on. if you skip massive marketing brainstorm, there's factually 2 new stomps, 5 new amps and 1 new bass cab. and old racks from T-Racks.

as I feared, mostly cosmetic update. they simply BIAS-ed up Amplitube, that's all.

I wonder if this volumetric thingy is just a gimmick, we'll see about that.

good to see IR loader at last in 2020. such a "giant leap for ampkind". others had it for years, smh.

they didn't include Space Delay rack.. only stripped down version of old Tape Echo.
Last edited by Ray Leece on Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

gonna skip until they come up with new gear and artist collections.

first thing first in 2021, EVH Collection is a must. then DG.

The things I was most curious about:

Remastered classic gear
AmpliTube 5 also revisits all the original AmpliTube legacy gear, adding not only a fresh new look, but optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp - speaker interaction to maximize their realism and feel.
"All of the legacy gear in Amplitube 5 sports a fresh, new photorealistic look to accompany their crisp, new sound."

New Redesigned Custom Shop
Totally redesigned with a more modern, easy to navigate interface. The new Custom Shop now allows multiple purchases, making it easy to get a custom chain at once. Also, more easily sort by gear you own or don’t own, unlock preset-specific gear and more.

And an all-new preset browser, with new filters and advanced search criteria.

All in all this looks great. I'll be most interested in the actual reviews after release how do the legacy stuff sound, and if the software still pesters users about the gear they don't have.

All of the legacy gear in Amplitube 5 sports a fresh, new photorealistic look to accompany their crisp, new sound.
gotta love these dudes.

Ray Leece wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:45 am it's on. if you skip massive marketing brainstorm, there's factually 2 new stomps, 5 new amps and 1 new cab. and old racks from T-Racks.

as I feared, mostly cosmetic update. they simply BIAS-ed up Amplitube, that's all.

I wonder if this volumetric thingy is just a gimmick, we'll see about that.

good to see IR loader at last in 2020. such a "big leap for ampkind". others had it for years, smh.
I don't own any version of Amplitube, although I've looked closely at it a number of times. I wasn't blown away by older versions, and I ended up buying a Helix instead.

I watched all the marketing videos for v5, and it gave me the impression that there was a massive amount of totally new and overhauled stuff in there. It's very discouraging to read that it isn't actually the case, and that almost all of the stomps, amps, and cabs are older models.

I guess I'll wait a while and see what everyone else things about the new version. The impulse responses look pretty interesting, but if the vast majority of the included cabs don't use them, maybe it isn't worth it. I wouldn't mind buying the Max version if it included a ton of extra modern, updated stuff, but I guess it's really just more of the older extras.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It's very discouraging to read that it isn't actually the case, and that almost all of the stomps, amps, and cabs are older models.
but wait, now they are photorealistic !

davidka wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:05 am And an all-new preset browser, with new filters and advanced search criteria.
I wonder if they have implemented that #1 feature request...

But wait- the video about their impulse modeling says that they've re-measured every single cabinet. Wouldn't that mean that they're all new versions?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

lunardigs wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:00 am Has anyone here tried the Audio Assault stuff?
Any opinions?
I'm not that impressed by the stomp pedals in ReAmp, and the rack effects are pretty basic. The actual amp and cab sections are a lot of fun though and I find it faster to work with than Amplitube 4. Part of this is the way they have normalised the amp models so that everything has the same controls (different channels are represented by different models). A4 on the other hand mostly imitates the original interfaces more closely.

video about their impulse modeling says they've re-measured every single cabinet. Wouldn't that mean that they're all new versions?
take it with a grain of salt, I suppose.

Return to “Effects”