Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

telecode wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:55 am
jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:37 am
SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 am I have Amplitube 4 MAX (bought in March this year) and they want €359.99 to upgrade from the most recent version.

I hope this is a mistake and they just haven't done the upgrade from the last version pricing yet....
I think you’re misunderstanding. It looks like you will be able to upgrade your existing AmpliTube gear for free by installing AmpliTube 5 CS. The paid upgrade is for the new gear only, and is $99€ for you. The MAX upgrade price is for upgrading to AmpliTube MAX, not from AmpliTube MAX.
Where did you see that that is the case?
I am also seeing $299.99 from 4 Max to 5 Max... No mention for $99 in the user area or elsewhere. I really hope that's a mistake.

well. here's my feeble take away from the YT vids. it all starts around the 2 min mark on the video.

* 2 new stops

* 5 new amps

* 1 new cab

* new resizable GUI.

* 19 new FX -- from MixBox . (This is interesting b/c is sort of competes with the MixBox product. It's basically a stripped down version of the most popular Tracks 5 effects in MixBox which can be loaded into the AT interface. So, in your DAW, you insert AT 5 and load in the Tracks effects and you have free space in other inserts in the DAW. The bigger question is how much resources will AT 5 take up when you start loading little bits of MixBox/Tracks into it???)

* 2 new rooms. subway and bathroom. interesting but meh... whatever. I usually just use the booths 99% of the time.

* 100 redone cabs? re-measured all cabs? would need to hear and compare to the core AT cabs as well as previous packs like the Fender 2 and Messa cabs to see if there is a difference.

* VIR? this just looks like a different 3-D gimicky GUI for the old moving the mic around the speaker interface.

* drag and drop -- this is new. but I kind of liked the old way of inserting racks and stops. this looks very Helix like. I dont like Helix.

* import your own IRs. this is new. need to see if there are limits to what sorts of IRs you can import.

* new GUI for old gear. possible. the resizable GUI is going to be nice.

* new mixer section. meh.. whatever

But what really matters is , does it sound any better than GR6 and NeuralDSP?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Price & Availability
AmpliTube 5 CS - free
AmpliTube 5 SE - $/€99.99* intro price (regular price will be $/€149.99)
AmpliTube 5 - $/€149.99** $/€199.99 intro price (regular price will be $/€299.99)
AmpliTube 5 MAX - $/€299.99** $/€399.99 intro price (regular price will be $/€599.99

** Upgrade/Crossgrade prices for IK users who have registered any IK products worth $/€99.99 or more

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10048

OK, apparently $99€ is for AmpliTube 5 “SE” which is new. Regular AmpliTube 5 Crossgrade/Upgrade is $149.99€

If you already have AmpliTube MAX you don’t have to buy it again. All gear you already own will be available in the free CS version. The upgrade is only for stuff you don’t have, which would be the *new* gear you get with AmpliTube 5. You’d have to buy any expansions you don’t have separately, or get AT5 MAX to get them.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:33 pm Price & Availability
AmpliTube 5 CS - free
AmpliTube 5 SE - $/€99.99* intro price (regular price will be $/€149.99)
AmpliTube 5 - $/€149.99** $/€199.99 intro price (regular price will be $/€299.99)
AmpliTube 5 MAX - $/€299.99** $/€399.99 intro price (regular price will be $/€599.99

** Upgrade/Crossgrade prices for IK users who have registered any IK products worth $/€99.99 or more

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=10048

OK, apparently $99€ is for AmpliTube 5 “SE” which is new. Regular AmpliTube 5 Crossgrade/Upgrade is $149.99€

If you already have AmpliTube MAX you don’t have to buy it again. All gear you already own will be available in the free CS version. The upgrade is only for stuff you don’t have, which would be the *new* gear you get with AmpliTube 5. You’d have to buy any expansions you don’t have separately, or get AT5 MAX to get them.
That makes no sense to me- no upgrade path MAX 4 to MAX 5 ? The difference with MAX is predominantly the included packs, a MAX 4 owner will have over half of them, but what if you wanted the new stuff?....I recent MAX 4 users pays the same as a new user.

So you are right, no value upgrading MAX 4...just use the free version for the scalable GUI and move on (and/or wait for the inevitable sale....)

This is the full MAX 5 collection for anyone interested.

Fender® Collection 1 & 2
• AmpliTube SVX 1 & 2
• AmpliTube Orange®
• AmpliTube Mesa/Boogie®
• Fulltone® Collection
• Amplitube Leslie®
• AmpliTube Slash
• AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™
• AmpliTube Brian May
• Dimebag Darrell
CFH Collection
• AmpliTube Joe Satriani
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

* 5 new amps

I suppose these ones
  • SilverPlate 50
  • MiniPlex 20
  • New York B750
  • German 34
  • VHandcraft 4

I do like the new routing. That's one thing I had been asking for for a long time. I also am glad for the new reverbs, because I didn't care that much for the old ones.

However, I can't justify spending anything at this point, so CS version it will be.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Looks like a great update. But I am also confused about the upgrade from MAX 4 to 5. I wouldn't spend 299 that's for sure. I'd just go with the free CS and use the gear I have.

But they did everything I was hoping I think. Stereo input, redesigned GUI, I like the routing overview. Extra rack effects are especially great for those of us who don't own MixBox or T-Racks. Although I wonder if those only come with paid updates. Probably.

I also am eager to see if the browser now can not show presets with gear that we don't own. :x

No release date yet anyway- not even mentioned?....could still be months off
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Perhaps Peter could clarify -- for those who already own all the gear in the v4 Max package, what is the appropriate (upgrade) v5 product to purchase to get the equivalent Max content and at what price?

SLiC wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:11 pm No release date yet anyway- not even mentioned?....could still be months off
"Amplitube 5 will be available in Q4 2020."

So any time between now and the end of the year.

In regards to the oldest models...what has changed besides the cab modeling and reskinning?

feels kinda anti-climatic there's no demo available already.. or at least the day when it becomes available.

emasters wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:16 pm Perhaps Peter could clarify -- for those who already own all the gear in the v4 Max package, what is the appropriate (upgrade) v5 product to purchase to get the equivalent Max content and at what price?
I can. I did in the "landing" thread and apologies for being a bunch of pages in on this thread post-announcement but there was a lot going on on the official IK Forum about AmpliTube (and you can find the information I'm about to post and more there too). Anyway...

Per the Specs page your AmpliTube 4 gear will work in Amplitube 5. That means if you have AmpliTube 4 MAX you can upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and have all that gear working in AmpliTube 5.

There were some collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX. If you are missing those and upgraded to AmpliTube 5 MAX at the pricing on our site and at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $/€43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).

In the news and the AmpliTube 5 web page, we state the new gear and it seems that isn't clear based on some posts above so please check that out:
AmpliTube 5 takes a giant leap forward with 129 new gear models for a total of over 400 ultra-realistic models. Offering a massive increase in gear, features and flexibility for an even more seamless and satisfying user experience, AmpliTube 4 massively raises the bar of what can be expected from an amp simulator today.

Both existing and new users will enjoy an all-new GUI featuring an updated ergonomic layout and new level of realism. Also now fully scalable, it can conveniently adapt to any display size including the latest Retina displays.

We also revisited all of the original AmpliTube legacy gear, adding a fresh new look, optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp/speaker interaction to maximize realism and feel. Featuring 100 completely re-measured cabs, two new stomps, five new amps, a new cab, and two new room simulations, there is so much new sound to be explored.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:09 pm
emasters wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:16 pm Perhaps Peter could clarify -- for those who already own all the gear in the v4 Max package, what is the appropriate (upgrade) v5 product to purchase to get the equivalent Max content and at what price?
I can. I did in the "landing" thread and apologies for being a bunch of pages in on this thread post-announcement but there was a lot going on on the official IK Forum about AmpliTube (and you can find the information I'm about to post and more there too). Anyway...

Per the Specs page your AmpliTube 4 gear will work in Amplitube 5. That means if you have AmpliTube 4 MAX you can upgrade to AmpliTube 5 and have all that gear working in AmpliTube 5.

There were some collections released after AmpliTube 4 MAX. If you are missing those and upgraded to AmpliTube 5 MAX at the pricing on our site and at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/, you'd be getting Fender Collection 2, AmpliTube SVX 2, AmpliTube Brian May, Dimebag Darrell CFH Collection, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, Fulltone Collection, and AmpliTube Leslie for about $/€43 a piece. Not to mention ALL of the new features in AmpliTube 5 (and they're amazing) PLUS the new gear in AmpliTube 5 (also amazing).

In the news and the AmpliTube 5 web page, we state the new gear and it seems that isn't clear based on some posts above so please check that out:
AmpliTube 5 takes a giant leap forward with 129 new gear models for a total of over 400 ultra-realistic models. Offering a massive increase in gear, features and flexibility for an even more seamless and satisfying user experience, AmpliTube 4 massively raises the bar of what can be expected from an amp simulator today.

Both existing and new users will enjoy an all-new GUI featuring an updated ergonomic layout and new level of realism. Also now fully scalable, it can conveniently adapt to any display size including the latest Retina displays.

We also revisited all of the original AmpliTube legacy gear, adding a fresh new look, optimized internal gain structure and superior power amp/speaker interaction to maximize realism and feel. Featuring 100 completely re-measured cabs, two new stomps, five new amps, a new cab, and two new room simulations, there is so much new sound to be explored.
Definitely disappointing, and herein lies the problem I've had with IKM for awhile: complete lack of loyalty towards those who have purchased in the past. Despite having total studio max 2, there is no upgrade pricing (same intro for everyone new/old) and the only option that will likely benefit me now (aside from the free version) is amp 5 max. I really enjoy your plugins, but the business choices are less than ideal. I understand its cheaper than me buying the expansions individually, but don't you see that people who have yet to invest anything in AmpliTube are to benefit exponentially more. Just makes no sense. I'm better off waiting till total studio 3 to upgrade than to buy amp 5 and have to try to sell it later (which im far too familiar dealing with when I chose to upgrade to total studio max 2). Rant over.

Also, can you please create a comparison chart of gear included for each version. Very hard referring to individual pdf files to compare

Return to “Effects”