Rob Papen announces Blade2.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Blade

GRUMP wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 pm We´ve already made a Party, waited for Weeks and all we get are just 30 Pads? I really hope for a Lockdown so RP is forced to improve this Bug asap. I´m not willing to be satisfied with just one Circle To TimbrePad. And an adequate Demo for the 10 CC Choir is mandatory for giving such a Patch Name. So confusing... I had such a good Impression. I was ROFL hearing Blade kick some show-offs Asses with the left Foot. But Quality must be Quantity. Otherwise it remains a Milestone.
Check the other banks. There are a lot more than 30 pads. I saw 128 in all. That's just what was labeled as a pad, and a lot of unlabeled ones are also pads.

With how many presets is Blade2 offered ?

mevla wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:44 pm With how many presets is Blade2 offered ?

cryophonik wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:32 pm Video sounds OK here, but looks awful. I'm not sure if it's just the video quality, but the labels on the controls are not legible/barely legible against that background.
The video looks good here. However it started at 360p. I switched it to 1080p and it cleared right up.

Synths, synths, synths. As a non electronic music maker that uses electronic sounds from time to time I find that if I know just a few really well that's usually all I need verses having 30 different synths with thousands of presets that I'll never scroll through anyways. There's still soft synths in my Native Bundle that I have yet to try. Sure this Blade sounds good, but is it really that different from say like Papen Blue? More parts? Noise generator? Great. The preset that's playing in the vid doesn't sound any different from many that I've heard before. Make more music peeps. The tech is certainly not the weak link anymore.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

musicdoc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 am Synths, synths, synths. As a non electronic music maker that uses electronic sounds from time to time I find that if I know just a few really well that's usually all I need verses having 30 different synths with thousands of presets that I'll never scroll through anyways. There's still soft synths in my Native Bundle that I have yet to try. Sure this Blade sounds good, but is it really that different from say like Papen Blue? More parts? Noise generator? Great. The preset that's playing in the vid doesn't sound any different from many that I've heard before. Make more music peeps. The tech is certainly not the weak link anymore.
It uses additive synthesis, where as most synths are based on subtractive synthesis and/or wavetables.
It's like saying "Guitars, guitars, guitars. I've already got a nylon-stringed acoustic guitar, do I also need a steel-stringed one and an electric guitar?".

teilo wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:24 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 pm We´ve already made a Party, waited for Weeks and all we get are just 30 Pads? I really hope for a Lockdown so RP is forced to improve this Bug asap. I´m not willing to be satisfied with just one Circle To TimbrePad. And an adequate Demo for the 10 CC Choir is mandatory for giving such a Patch Name. So confusing... I had such a good Impression. I was ROFL hearing Blade kick some show-offs Asses with the left Foot. But Quality must be Quantity. Otherwise it remains a Milestone.
Check the other banks. There are a lot more than 30 pads. I saw 128 in all. That's just what was labeled as a pad, and a lot of unlabeled ones are also pads.
I know but I'm lazy :|

musicdoc wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:32 am Synths, synths, synths. As a non electronic music maker that uses electronic sounds from time to time I find that if I know just a few really well that's usually all I need verses having 30 different synths with thousands of presets that I'll never scroll through anyways. There's still soft synths in my Native Bundle that I have yet to try. Sure this Blade sounds good, but is it really that different from say like Papen Blue? More parts? Noise generator? Great. The preset that's playing in the vid doesn't sound any different from many that I've heard before. Make more music peeps. The tech is certainly not the weak link anymore.
On the one hand I agree wholeheartedly with this advice. My problem is I already own Blade and it's probably my favorite Rob Papen anything along w/ Blue II & the upgrade to Blade 2 is 39usd, cheaper if I use up some PB dollars. For anyone's who's bought it or test driven the demo, how's it compare sound quality wise to it's predecessor?

I've skimmed through the hour long stream video Rob did, and also found this recent vid of a 10min preset run through. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0XkVbxOuw8

Flicked through a ton of presets and if someone told me this was an old 32 bit synth-edit plugin, I wouldn't be surprised.

Phase'y top end with a bit of sub to beef things up. Lucky I got it thrown into my v6 Bundle.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

nusound mind wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:54 am or anyone's who's bought it or test driven the demo, how's it compare sound quality wise to it's predecessor?
Subjectively the perceived Quality is from an other Dimension. Spectrally rich and surprising, well balanced clear and present E-Sound, musical Behaviour while editing. No Comparison to B1, imhO ~HW Quality. FX not checked yet. Some of the Presets are among the best I've heard from a VST for me. Recommend if you enjoyed B1, it's powerful.

Weird post. You’re announcing that you’re really not into synths in a thread about a synth. That’s fine, but as someone who owns Blue and Blade, I assure you that they are very different in pretty much every way. Just because there’s overlap in a general preset only means that their marketing department knows what presets sell synths. You should try Tone2 synths. All different, yet they seem to come with the same set of presets. It’s when you start making your own that things get interesting.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Happily this is added to the Explorer bundle for free. Time to start delving...👍
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Blade2, from a cursory overview, adds a good palette of atmosphere and sound scapes. Complements well warm-sounding synths.
Last edited by mevla on Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ramseysounds wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:21 pm Happily this is added to the Explorer bundle for free. Time to start delving...👍
I think this may be the last addition to Explorer 6. I'm still on 5 and waiting on v7 being available.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

It is completely different and can generate very rare Spectrums easily. It is an additive Synth. For now the most versatile additive VST out there (hav them all). Take a Demo and you´ll know better what all those other Toyboxes can´t deliver.

Return to “Instruments”